Where is the Cheapest place to buy gr...

Where is the Cheapest place to buy groceries?

Posted in the Tompkinsville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jun 08

Glasgow, KY

#1 Jun 19, 2008
I usually buy all my groceries at Wal-Mart and I was just curious about everyone else. Where do you buy your groceries?
Simple

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#2 Jun 19, 2008
I buy my meats at Gamaliel "CB" and everything else at Walmart. Very little a Save-alot.

“Semper Fidelis”

Bangor, Maine

#3 Jun 19, 2008
Wal-Mart price matches, so I gather the local sales papers, Houchens, Piggly Wiggly, Food Lion, etc. etc. and make a list. You don't have to take the actual papers, at least I don't, but you have to tell them the price and what store it is from and they usually match it. CB brand will price match with Wal-Mart brand etc. And if you then have coupons... They will not match any "Steak House" meats though, I tried last week on rib eye, but they do price match on most other stuff, including chicken. Hope this helps.

Glasgow, KY

#4 Jun 19, 2008
lavenderstarfish wrote:
Wal-Mart price matches, so I gather the local sales papers, Houchens, Piggly Wiggly, Food Lion, etc. etc. and make a list. You don't have to take the actual papers, at least I don't, but you have to tell them the price and what store it is from and they usually match it. CB brand will price match with Wal-Mart brand etc. And if you then have coupons... They will not match any "Steak House" meats though, I tried last week on rib eye, but they do price match on most other stuff, including chicken. Hope this helps.
They are asking for the sale papers now but it is still good to have the prices matched so you can get everything in one stop.
J H Morgan

Elizabethtown, KY

#5 Jun 19, 2008
I purchase most of my eats at Anderson Bros. Super Stop N Shop Market over at Kettle Creek, thats across the river on Hwy 214 south about 5 miles. Lowest prices around.....
milky way

Horse Cave, KY

#6 Jun 20, 2008
Simple wrote:
I buy my meats at Gamaliel "CB" and everything else at Walmart. Very little a Save-alot.
we do the same thing 'cb' has a very good meat dept and the cheapest we have found so far.
MIKE

Swedesboro, NJ

#7 Jun 26, 2008
IF YOU HAVE A ALDI STORE ITS IS CHEAPER THAN WAL MART THEY HAVE THE BEST PRICES I HAVE EVER SEEN
big_d

Rocklin, CA

#8 Mar 8, 2009
I use costco and walmart, but costco is cheaper for egg whites, eggs, chicken breast ($3.29/lb when walmart is $4.58) and oatmeal is much cheaper at Costco - $6.79 for 9 lbs along with like laundry detergents, dishwashing soap, tp, bottled water, etc. The only thing is the membership fee, but personally costco has 70% of the stuff I usually get whereas Walmart has 30% of what i need at a lower price. So do a combo if you can.
reader

Clinton, IA

#9 Mar 8, 2009
I usually comp. almost everything that I am going to buy. If I don't comp it I don't get it this week. I use the computer to get my comp prices. Just pull the stores up and write the price and store down. I get my coupons on line. As long as it says manufaturers coupon it will scan. Also, I stock up when something is really cheap on sale I get numerous of those items. I usully plan my meals by what I can comp at wal-mart. It takes more time but usually I can save $15.00 or better a week. Hope this helps.
Wanted dog

Glasgow, KY

#10 Mar 9, 2009
Simple wrote:
if you will notice you can go to any other save a lot in the surrounding countys and they have the meat sale 5 for 19.99 and other stuff but rex is so damn tight that he want here of it that is why i dont go to save a lot i usally go to the one in scottsville it is cleaner and much better people and more deals and more to choose from
good friend

Park City, KY

#11 Mar 9, 2009
Check out the Angel Food Ministeries! This is the first month it is in Monroe County & it truly is a good deal. Check out their info on their web-site at http://www.angelfoodministries.com/ & you can order in town through this Friday. Hopefully it will take off & stay around here. I have gone to Glasgow for the same thing, so it is nice now to not have to drive. I can even pay with my food stamp card! It is good, quality food at a discounted price. It's not everything I need for the month, but who doesn't like half price? I hope you try it, use it & like it as much as I do. No catch, qualifications or limits - just a good deal.
WhoWho

United States

#12 Mar 30, 2009
hey i wont some cheap thing's too!!!
Hey

United States

#13 Mar 31, 2009
where do you go?
katie blue

Broken Arrow, OK

#14 May 31, 2010
I havent found groceries any cheaper than at Super Wal-Mart (even cheaper than the Wal-Mart food centers) but I have recently encountered problems with them wanting to match prices and coupons. They are getting stingie now that everyone has coupons and papers showing lower prices and are actually using them.. Economys bad, WalMarts not as friendly as it was when only a handful of people used coupons...I expect to see even more problems with that in the future...
rick van kerkhove

United States

#15 Sep 3, 2010
lowest prices aroud is aldies
Just me

Park City, KY

#16 Sep 7, 2010
If your ever in Gainesboro Tn go to Save a lot there
Just me

Park City, KY

#17 Sep 7, 2010
Also if you shop @ save a lot go online and you can get coupons from there site also a coupon for 5.00 off your purchase of 25 dollars and refer friends you get additional 5 dollars off in coupons towards your purchase and as far as meat CB is the best place for that.
elena

Centralia, IL

#18 Aug 6, 2011
MIKE wrote:
IF YOU HAVE A ALDI STORE ITS IS CHEAPER THAN WAL MART THEY HAVE THE BEST PRICES I HAVE EVER SEEN
Aldi's doesnt really have that much food , yes its cheap but it dont have that much food ...
braveheart

Albion, IN

#19 Aug 17, 2011
Where is the Angel Food Ministries at in Monroe County?
Linda in Florida

Rotonda West, FL

#20 Jan 15, 2012
Walmart used to be the cheapest place in town to buy groceries....but now they have gone up on all of their prices since they have hooked their customers into thinking they are the lowest in town.....adding that prices are going up all over.
I left Walmart & Sams due to their affiliation and now shop at Publix. The buy 1 get 1 free items are cheaper than Walmart, I recently saw a sign in front of Publix that read: People in our community need food....at Publix you can buy a bag of groceries to be given away to a needy family in your own community. Walmart doesn't care about the needy around them, they are only interested in making money for themselves...its all about the numbers. Shop Publix where they care for their customers and the needy every day of the year!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tompkinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 16 min chinwendu1 141,226
This is about jd hammer 1 hr Kathy 7
Karissa Acton 2 hr Sweet kid 5
Older woman younger man 2 hr Bartkowski 28
Looking 3 hr renter 2
Ha Ha Erik Pitcock 9 hr a friend of his f... 33
hateful nurses 9 hr a friend of Christie 12
More from around the web

Tompkinsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Tompkinsville Mortgages