Did You Know That Wal Mart Sells The Morning After Pill?

Posted in the Tompkinsville Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of39
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Monroe County Chick

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

Wal Mart sells plan b or the morning after pill to any one age 18 or older, straight over the pharmacy counter. ANYONE!! Male or female! Just show an id and pay a hefty $55. And there you go, off to stop an unwanted pregnancy before it starts. I wonder what people think about it!?
80s lady

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

do you need a prescription or is it over the counter? and why would a male need a morning after pill?
Monroe County Chick

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

its over the counter and a male can purchase it for his wife, girlfriend, lil sister or whoever needs it. As long asthe person paying is 18

Since: Oct 08

E-town

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

why does it matter? people who want to get it, are going to get it regardless. if OTC wasn't available, then they'd just go to the doctor to get it.

you may not agree with the concept of the morning after pill, but people have the right to use it.
X-acto

Baldwin City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2008

Judged:

a contraceptive is a contraceptive, the morning after pill is no different than birth control, condoms, etc... What if someone did have safe sex with a condom, and then they come to find out that the condom broke in the process of sex?? Wouldn't that make you a little nervous? And, not every person who takes the plan b pill is a person who wants to have mindless sex without the consequences. The lack of money, career aspirations, and other factors can play a major role in a person not wanting to become pregnant. Don't be a judge, and so not judge others for what they do. Remember, the only man who has the authority to judge is judging you too. And, on a side note, how do you know they do this?? Do you set at the pharmacy and watch intentently all day long, or is this second hand information? Or perhaps, since you know the price and all, have you used it?? Just a thought
Monroe County Chick

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2008

wait i never said i didn't agree with it! i only said i wanted people's opinion i never said i was judging anyone you people are too quick to judge me. i only wanted to start up conversation because walmart is supposed to be a femily oriented place and i realize that most of the county are christians and i wondered if they had issues with it. I personally think its a great thing not a bad thing. I know the price because i work at a walmart pharmacy, just not the one in tompkinsville. You can tell me the "man" is judging me if you want to believe that but it sounded like you were!
LILWOMAN

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2008

Judged:

If you don't want to get pregnant then don't have sex. That way your not killing a human being and you can save the $55.00
my opinion

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2008

Judged:

well i am glad it is available to anyone.its a shame you have to be 18 to get it. maybe you can send an 18 year old in to get it for you.your right it is the same thing as a condom or birth control pills. the girl has to take the responsbity for birth control her self. let's face it young people are going to have sex.
T-ville Girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2008

I totally agree! When things happen that shouldn't or condoms break its better to protect the egg from fertlization that to end up pregnant with a baby no one wants or can't afford to take care of. Its not killing a baby cause it hasn't even been formed yet.

Since: Apr 08

Half a mile past Hell.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2008

Judged:

LILWOMAN wrote:
If you don't want to get pregnant then don't have sex. That way your not killing a human being and you can save the $55.00
Plan B (aka the "Morning After pill") doesn't "kill" anything, dufus. It's simply a large dose of horomones used to PREVENT conception. It doesn't even work if you're already pregnant. You're thinking about the "abortion pill" (Mifeprex).

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/morning-afte...

Get your facts straight & know what the hell you're talking about before you come on here making ignorant statements like this.
90plain

Clinton, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2008

Judged:

Why can't you people leave Wal-mart alone. I belive
you get up every morning and say? what can I get on topix and say about wal-mart today?
joe

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2008

90plain wrote:
Why can't you people leave Wal-mart alone. I belive
you get up every morning and say? what can I get on topix and say about wal-mart today?
I agree! who cares if they sell the morning after pill. i'm sure it's not only walmart!!!!

Since: Aug 08

Horse Cave, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2008

Just go to family planning at the Health Dept. You can get what you need at a lower cost than 55 dollars! I think that would make more sense to do that!

Since: May 07

Louisville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

Judged:

Plan B has been over the counter for probably a year now. It can still be prescribed but according to research most weren't able to access it in the time frame it was needed so they made it more accessible. All pharmacies should now have it. I don't really agree with what it is for but to each his own. I could understand if you were raped but if you are just going out here sleeping with everyone then that isn't right.
haha

Horse Cave, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

hello..its just like a contraceptive. nothing has even been fertalized yet. it just keeps the sperm from coming into contact with the egg. its just like using a condom or birth control pill.
Yaya

Hinesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

Judged:

This is absurd. Plan B DOESN'T work on an existing pregnancy. Food for thought.... If anyone is going to judge here, how do we know that married people are not going to burn in hell for having sex daily, monthly, and yearly while on birthcontrol pills/devices that don't start working until an egg has been fertilized....? What's up with that? Now we are going to down a pill that makes conception unlikely due to slowing the production of eggs and then lastly making the uterus an environment in which the blastocyst can not survive? Doesn't sound fair. I guess all these women who have been on any intro/uterine device will burn in hell for they have commited numerous abortions..... Just do your research.
bigman6969

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2010

Judged:

LILWOMAN wrote:
hey bitch just cause you cant get laid dont mean you have to ruin everyone elses fun. the plan b pill is a good thing to be able to buy but doesnt need to be abused. if you make a mistake then the mature thing to do is fix it. another mature thing to do "lilwomen" is to not comment on a subject you dont agree with? why are you looking at this post anyways? came in you?

“I can write my name!”

Since: Sep 08

Bowling Green

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2010

Judged:

LILWOMAN wrote:
Oh, wonderful ignorance!
that one guy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2011

Judged:

It does not kill a living human being because for one they are not living yet, if you understood anything about gestation then you would know, And for two if you are already pregnant then it will not stop it. It keeps a woman from ovulating which means no egg which in turn means no zygote.
LILWOMAN wrote:

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2011

Judged:

that one guy wrote:
It does not kill a living human being because for one they are not living yet,<quoted text>
Really?

If it's not living how does it grow?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of39
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

44 Users are viewing the Tompkinsville Forum right now

Search the Tompkinsville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min wwwcurious 128,046
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 22 min Cornelius Scudmister 144,975
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 27 min Prince Spacemonkey 26,175
Zack Williams 27 min zach williams 13
Kevin Webb 1 hr DISAGREE 18
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 3 hr ji 454
James Brown just beat the F outta bobby rampella 4 hr i got browns back 22
•••
•••
•••
•••

Tompkinsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••