Sparta To Vote On Selling Beer Within...

Sparta To Vote On Selling Beer Within County

There are 4 comments on the WFRV-TV Green Bay story from Mar 30, 2007, titled Sparta To Vote On Selling Beer Within County. In it, WFRV-TV Green Bay reports that:

SPARTA, Wis. Grabbing a six-pack of beer at a local grocery or convenience store is common in Wisconsin -- unless you live in Sparta.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFRV-TV Green Bay.

Incorrect Headline

Dickson, TN

#1 Mar 31, 2007
I'm not sure how this story got on a Green Bay TV station, since Green Bay is nearly 150 miles from Sparta, but the headline is very misleading. Sparta is a city and selling beer in grocery stores and convenience stores in Sparta has nothing to do with the county.
bozo

Galesville, WI

#2 Sep 3, 2010
Wisconsin promotes it's beer makers and sellers, it is big business, they shove beer in the faces of our younger children, then when the money grubbing police catch them, they end up with a police record. we have ten million places to buy alcohol already. I'd like to at least be able to get groceries without wading through the stacks of beer cases and ads. two faced idiots.
ritz

Cashton, WI

#3 Sep 4, 2010
Should stop selling alcohol period in the county. it would stop dui, domestic violence, emergency room visits, reduce traffic patrols, and a few other things. Too bad our county would never do anything that makes any sense.
jerry

Cashton, WI

#4 Sep 24, 2010
The last thing we need is more places for people to buy alcohol. citizens don't need it, surely the police don't need it, We need to stop promoting Alcohol and the ease of obtaining it. Alcohol abuse is dangerous enough. we don't need to add fuel to the fire.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tomah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Senate investigation finds 'systemic' failures ... May 31 RustyS 1
News Senate investigation finds 'systemic' failures ... May 31 Le Jimbo 1
Ted Cruz Revealed, Watch Video, then Vote Apr '16 Vote For Trump 1
Steven f. Szczesny (Mar '15) Dec '15 Thatsisright 4
News Whistleblowers say retaliation by VA supervisor... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Vet 2
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Wisconsi... (Oct '10) Jul '15 Wondering 13
News Tomah Police Department takes Oath of Honor (Aug '06) Jun '15 Sandman 37

Tomah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tomah Mortgages