Northwood's own 'Bridezilla': TV seri...

Northwood's own 'Bridezilla': TV series features Megan Cantu as one of its bossy brides

There are 94 comments on the Toledo Blade story from Aug 13, 2008, titled Northwood's own 'Bridezilla': TV series features Megan Cantu as one of its bossy brides. In it, Toledo Blade reports that:

It's hard to say when Northwood resident Megan Cantu became a bridezilla, one of those demanding, fire-breathing brides who wants to control every element of her wedding.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Toledo Blade.

Jenn

Burke, NY

#21 Sep 21, 2008
Megan Stevens Cantu is such a beast! If she wasn't turning it up a notch or two for the show, then she needs serious psychiatric help. She's possessive, territorial, delusional, and especially abusive. That scene where she threw Cory's T-shirt in the toilet and told him she was cutting him off from his friends and family once they got married? If that were a man saying that to a woman, that would be red-flag, panic-button, get her to a safehouse domestic abuse. And she kept saying it over and over again. On national TV.
She obviously suffers from low self esteem and self-loathing. That was also mirrored in her mother. I have a feeling that Megan and her mother are two pieces of a whole and the father was probably very quiet when she was growing up. Probably spent a lot of time in the garage, away from the two shrews in his house. All I could think of were the Olsens on Little House on the Prairie, but even Nelly grew up to have a few redeeming qualities. Megan doesn't appear to have one redeeming quality.
But she and her henpecked hubby signed on for a show called Bridezillas, knowing full what they were getting into. She had to know people were going to hate her, and Cory had to know he was going to look like a foolish monkey butt for getting involved with such a shrew in the first place. In the end, they all got what they deserved, and hopefully, Megan and Cory both get themselves some help and put this starter marriage from hell behind them.
Claris

Mercedes, TX

#22 Sep 22, 2008
I felt so bad for them. Life is too short to be so miserable. Sure, the show is edited, but those were some HORRIBLE moments. That's not love. Personally, I think Megan isn't bitchy or controlling. I think she's damaged and has an issue with men. That much anger is just not normal. I hope she gets help and I hope Cory gets out.
tom

Pompano Beach, FL

#23 Sep 22, 2008
let it go she cant really be that big of a b$t#h besides she is cute all she needs is the right man to melt her icy little heart and she will be fine
Corrie

United States

#24 Sep 28, 2008
Corey.....RUN!!! Get the hell away from that girl (and I mean girl, she should never be respected with a title of a woman. No spoiled little 5 year old girl should)! And by all means, I beg of you...DO NOT REPRODUCE with her. Her employers need to fire her. She should not be allowed anywhere where there are young minds that look to adults for teaching. The blatant lack of respect for anyone around her is absolutely disgusting. I know that sometimes reality shows play up on situations, but this is ridiculous! How was this child ever raised like this? Everyone around her needs to put her in her place and stop playing into her little games. Send her little midwestern ass out to California and we'll show her a thing or two about respect. She wouldn't last an hour without getting her pudgy (yeah I said it, you called your friend fat, but honey you have some junk in the trunk too!) little ass kicked. I hope it doesn't even make it to divorce. Corey you need to annul ASAP!!!!
A GOOD WIFE

Hillsdale, NJ

#25 Sep 28, 2008
I cannot even say what I would do to her if she treated anyone I knew like that! First of all she would not be treating any Puerto Rican man like that! My dh would have kicked her ass, my mother in law would have beat her and hit her over the head with her rice pan, my sister in law would have pounced her and my 2 brothers in law would have fucked her up!~ Damn Cory.! I bet that's why his parents and sibilings had nothing to do with the show! His friends SLBastards did try to stand up to her...but whatever. I would love her to come to NJ cause she'd never surrive here with that mouth!
A GOOD WIFE

Hillsdale, NJ

#26 Sep 28, 2008
tom wrote:
let it go she cant really be that big of a b$t#h besides she is cute all she needs is the right man to melt her icy little heart and she will be fine
GET YOUR BEER GOGGLES OFF MAN...THAT GIRL IS BEAST LOOKING!! OH WAIT YOUR PROBABLY CORY!!!
BWAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAAHAHA
A Much Nicer Megan

Japan

#27 Oct 9, 2008
what a nasty ,nasty, little brat. We all watched it and couldn't believe her family and friends not giving her a reality check - WHY would she advertise the fact that she is boring and never has fun?!
A Much Nicer Megan

Japan

#28 Oct 9, 2008
Yes, I agree with everyone - she has looks to match her personality, that's for sure...

Since: Jul 08

Bowling Green, KY

#29 Oct 26, 2008
I agree with you all ~ WHY is this guy signing up for this?
She is an unholy terror ~ but the real question is, WHY would ANYONE want to marry her???
Is he sick?
Insane?
Afraid he can't get anyone else, what?
When I saw the part about her Dad being on the show, I thought, "Finally! Now when he sees the way she's acting, he'll straighten her out," but dayum, he just scooted around like a whipped dog with his tail between his legs....

Her Mother tried to act shocked at her behavior, but what do you want to bet, that HER mother ACTS JUST LIKE THIS AT HOME?!

What a biatch!

Cory isn't even a man ~ no norman man would want that shrieking harpie. What a freak show.
Dallen

Mesquite, TX

#30 Oct 27, 2008
I watched the three episodes yesterday and the taste in my mouth is still bad. I have a grandson who is dating a woman like Megana nd I may make him sit down and watch Megan and Cory to give him a glimpse of his future. The sad thing is that when this marriage breaks up, Megan will blame Cory and then do look for a new victim to abuse. What is wrong with her parents that they did not stop this mess? Where were Cody;s parents? It was really dismaying!
Pepper

United States

#31 Nov 17, 2008
How can you love someone and treat them like this?? I mean Megan is a ROYAL B!@#$!! Who the hell does she think she is? I am sure this marriage is not going to last, you can only take someone treating you like this for a while and then you get sick of it. I can understand being a little bitchy when planning a wedding but this is just terribly! She treat him like a piece of meat and he does what she wants! WOW..
Taylor

Bowling Green, OH

#32 Nov 23, 2008
WHAT A B!TCH!!!! IT SUCKS SHES FROM TOLEDO! F*CK THAT!
gigglyeyes

Tucson, AZ

#33 Nov 23, 2008
Has no one noticed those GOD AWFUL eyebrows???
irelma

Luanda, Angola

#34 Nov 25, 2008
hi you are verry beautiful
blank

United States

#35 Dec 31, 2008
Megan is a b****. She is dumb and she treats her friends like crap. she dosent deserve to have any. And corey is stupid for marrying her, she is and evil woman. She treats him like a child. He needs to grow some balls and kick her a** to the curve. Also how claim to be a christian when u curse and b***ch all the time and is rude. She deserves to be alone.She's taking his manhood and making him a child. If she's a christian than she knows the bible says to honor your mother and father, and she is a damn hipocrit. If i was her friend i would have intentially ruined her wedding. She is just a dumb, tacky, rude, obnoxious B***H. You have serious issues and i hope everyone u go to chuirch with and work see your episodes of bridezillas so they can see the real you. ESPECIALLY YOUR PASTOR.
njy

Toms River, NJ

#36 Dec 31, 2008
Are they divorced yet?
ZZY

Redwood City, CA

#37 Dec 31, 2008
What about Megan and Corey's employer, the hospital? How do they like knowing that such a horrible person is ontheir staff? Has anyone here read Megan's post on the WE forums?

http://www.wetv.com/forums/we-tv-shows/bridez...
kat

San Marcos, TX

#38 Jan 1, 2009
That Megan girl is the worst of the worst of bridezilla or whatever. Is he totally nuts? Why did he get himself that far into a relationship with such a b@#$h. His family probably didn't even show up at the wedding or she wouldn't let them. She wanted to take him away from his friends, she probaly wants to take him away from his family too. Somebody needs to kick her butt.
BEZ

Brooklyn, NY

#39 Jan 26, 2009
Megan- I hope you read this webpage. Cory, get out of this 'marriage', or really...this slave contract. I was so blown away by Megan's nasty personality, I searched for a website to put bets on how long their marriage will last. Or....how long until poor Cory finally finds his self-confidence, realized his worth, and leaves her. Poor guy is only 21.
BEZ

Brooklyn, NY

#40 Jan 26, 2009
One more thing to add- like many posters have stated, I too pray that this woman NEVER has children. She will seriously scar them, just like she will Cory. No children deserve that for a mother.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toledo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mad Entertainment World Lists Mad Max:Fury Road... Jul 27 Culture Auditor 1
I love kickboxing Jul 12 good 2
Marissa giddens Jul 3 Anonymous 5
People who aren't doctors who think they are do... Jun '15 Listen and Speak 2
I feel depressed I wasn't alive in past generat... Jun '15 Tyler358 1
Is God Real? Jun '15 Diddle 15
Be Born Again - acts 2 38 Jun '15 Obey God 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Toledo Mortgages