Toledo mayor to propose domestic part...

Toledo mayor to propose domestic partner benefits

There are 8 comments on the Port Clinton News Herald story from Apr 27, 2012, titled Toledo mayor to propose domestic partner benefits. In it, Port Clinton News Herald reports that:

The warm winter of 2012 had Lake Erie about a month ahead of where it normally would have been in... Some time ago, I came across the story of a woman who was helping her 90-year-old mother move into... TOLEDO, Ohio - The mayor of Toledo wants to extend health care and other benefits to the gay and unmarried partners of city employees.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Port Clinton News Herald.

“Love thy neighbor!”

Since: Dec 06

Westland , MI

#1 Apr 27, 2012
Here we go. The Mayor wants to be fair and just to all employees...

The bigot councilmen trot out the old chestnuts...

COST (right...then take rights away from the ones that cost the most...the married families with kids that are cosrtin you so much..this addition is a drop in that bucket)

Morality (give me a break...these are hard working American citizens doing the same jobs your married employees are doing..they deserve eqial rights)

Let's watch the nonsense begin.

FaFoxy

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#2 Apr 27, 2012
And Maxwell Q. Klinger can be the Grand Marshal of the Toledo Gay Pride Oarade !

:)

“Love thy neighbor!”

Westland , MI

#3 Apr 27, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
And Maxwell Q. Klinger can be the Grand Marshal of the Toledo Gay Pride Oarade !
:)
Loved his hats!!! We'll all go to Tony Pacos for hot dogs.

FaFoxy

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

#4 Apr 27, 2012
Gay Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Loved his hats!!! We'll all go to Tony Pacos for hot dogs.
I still watch that show. And I believe the last episode is STILL the most-watched tv progam in U.S. history.

“Love thy neighbor!”

Westland , MI

#5 Apr 27, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I still watch that show. And I believe the last episode is STILL the most-watched tv progam in U.S. history.
It was tooooooooooooo sad. I cried and cried.

FaFoxy

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

#6 Apr 27, 2012
as liberal as that show was, and for the incredible length of time it was on the air, they only had a single story about a gay person.

And the only actor I know of on the show who is gay, was closeted at the time.

It was still a great show, and the writing got better as the years went on.

I think the FUNNIEST and BEST-WRITTEN show in tv history, and also one of the GAYEST is "FRASIER".

I couldn't stand "CHEERS" and never watched more than 2 or 3 episodes of it. One night, I couldn't find anything decent on, and so I decided to watch "FRASIER" for the first time. That was in 2009. I fell in love with the show with the first episode I saw.
rocky

United States

#7 May 14, 2012
This is just more waste of taxpayer money.We can't even fix the roads in this city and they are worried about giving out benefits to same sex partners.We have much bigger fish to fry than to worry about a small group of people demanding benefits.
rocky

United States

#8 May 14, 2012
These benefits should be reserved for Adam and Eve and not Adam and Steve.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toledo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Toledo (May '15) May 19 Christine 20
News Perrysburg Kroger debuts online ordering May 13 Contrarian 1
if you like nafta.... May 9 El chapo 1
john keller May 8 breathitt county ky 1
News Remembering the lost, celebrating the found May 7 Art 1
Whosthedaddy Apr 29 Lickme 1
Amanda Dietsch? (Sep '15) Apr 26 anonymous 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Toledo Mortgages