Immigration officials detain 4 at restaurants

There are 7 comments on the Nov 19, 2008, Des Moines Register story titled Immigration officials detain 4 at restaurants. In it, Des Moines Register reports that:

Vinton, Ia. - Federal agents arrested four suspected illegal immigrants Tuesday in simultaneous raids of an eastern Iowa Chinese restaurant chain, an immigration spokesman said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Des Moines Register.

Darlene

Littleton, CO

#1 Nov 19, 2008
Interesting. Illegal Mexicans working in Chinese Restaurants. Wonder if anyone spoke English or how that all worked out? Good job again ICE!

Since: Jul 08

Newport Beach, CA

#2 Nov 19, 2008
Darlene wrote:
Interesting. Illegal Mexicans working in Chinese Restaurants. Wonder if anyone spoke English or how that all worked out? Good job again ICE!
That is not a big deal in los angeles! I have a mexican freind that owns a chinese restaurant LOL! Darlene maybe you can apply for a job at the chinese restaurant!
Darlene

Littleton, CO

#3 Nov 19, 2008
joeblue wrote:
<quoted text>That is not a big deal in los angeles! I have a mexican freind that owns a chinese restaurant LOL! Darlene maybe you can apply for a job at the chinese restaurant!
Joeblue: Sorry to let you down, but I own 2 successful businesses now. Waiting tables was never in my future. But thanks for the suggestion all the same! In this case no one can claim that restaurant wasn't an equal opportunity employer. lol
plopsdad

United States

#4 Nov 19, 2008
Darlene wrote:
Interesting. Illegal Mexicans working in Chinese Restaurants. Wonder if anyone spoke English or how that all worked out? Good job again ICE!
That is strange, up this way in Michigan when ice raids a chinese restaurant, all they get are chinese, but thats because Asians are the problem up this way.

Since: Jul 08

Newport Beach, CA

#5 Nov 19, 2008
Darlene wrote:
<quoted text> Joeblue: Sorry to let you down, but I own 2 successful businesses now. Waiting tables was never in my future. But thanks for the suggestion all the same! In this case no one can claim that restaurant wasn't an equal opportunity employer. lol
Good for you "Darlene", I have only one successful business a Mexican restaurant sell awsome tacos and burritos LOL! Funny cooking and waiting tables has been my livelyhood!
Darlene

Littleton, CO

#6 Nov 20, 2008
plopsdad wrote:
<quoted text>That is strange, up this way in Michigan when ice raids a chinese restaurant, all they get are chinese, but thats because Asians are the problem up this way.
I've heard that they're a problem where you're at. I still wonder which languages they know or is a requirement to know all 3?
Tama World

Johnston, IA

#7 Nov 20, 2008
You guys are so funny LOL. You should both quit your day jobs and tell jokes :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toledo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BE AWARE RE: Penny Lachance Hale Mar '15 fooledbythem 1
Review: China Buffet Nov '14 maria 1
News Tama wins $335,000 housing rehab grant (Aug '11) Sep '14 mommy2 2
News Central Iowa Meth Investigation Leads To Nine A... (Sep '10) Apr '14 Redneck 57
old tires (Apr '14) Apr '14 fed up 1
News Branstad Expected To Announce Re-Election Bid (Jan '14) Jan '14 jimmy jr 1
Any Pizza Hut employees in Toledo who have had ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Serious Money 1
More from around the web

Toledo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]