Businesses brace for slowdown

There are 10 comments on the Jan 29, 2008, Asheville Citizen-Times story titled Businesses brace for slowdown. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Few concepts send a shudder through the economy like the R-word - recession. President Bush avoided using that word Monday in his State of the Union address, allowing only that "our economy is undergoing a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

River Rat

Asheville, NC

#1 Jan 30, 2008
Get Here Sorry it has been here for a while.
After it is over guess people will say it is here LMAO
Kirt Grayson

Casar, NC

#2 Jan 30, 2008
Keep talking it up and we'll have the sheep too scared to go forward and do business. ( a self fulfilling prophesy ) The Dems will do anything, including destroy the economy just to knock Bush. If they succeed, I hope they serve good soup in the lines on the street.
Adam

Hickory, NC

#3 Jan 30, 2008
It has been here for a while? This only proves my thinking that these economic problems are merely psychological in origin stemming form the spoiled and negative American psyche. It ridiculous, if we actually have to work for something or can't have what we want right this minute, the economy's going to hell and the end is near.... Kirt is correct, it's a self fulfilling prophesy being driven home from day one by the political party that hates any good news.
Granny J

AOL

#4 Jan 30, 2008
I don't know how anyone thinks we are in a recession, times are the best I can remember in my lifetime and I am 65 years old. We sure didn't have much when I was growing up and now I have more than I deserve. I still work on at a fulltime job with good pay and benefits. Learn to tighten up on your purse strings and save for what you want instead of jumping into debt. I am sure the democrats are wanting to make times look bad so if they get into office they can say they saved everyone from going bankrupt.
b franklin

Asheville, NC

#5 Jan 30, 2008
wow, you guys should read more.

this pathetic ecnomoy is the bush republicans monument to corruption, greed, abuse of power, and war.
Andrew Irwin

Casar, NC

#8 Jan 30, 2008
sutti wrote:
Keep talking it up and we'll have the sheep too scared to go forward and do business.( a self fulfilling prophesy ) The Dems will do anything, including destroy the economy just to knock Bush. If they succeed, I hope they serve good soup in the lines on the street.

Asheville, NC

#9 Feb 1, 2008
Send me some of your Meds. I need them after reading this. I am a businessman working with some of the larger companies in the U.S. and Canada. They are all suffering and have been for the last three years. It is great you are doing well in these rough times.
Granny J wrote:
I don't know how anyone thinks we are in a recession, times are the best I can remember in my lifetime and I am 65 years old. We sure didn't have much when I was growing up and now I have more than I deserve. I still work on at a fulltime job with good pay and benefits. Learn to tighten up on your purse strings and save for what you want instead of jumping into debt. I am sure the democrats are wanting to make times look bad so if they get into office they can say they saved everyone from going bankrupt.

Since: Jun 07

Jonesborough, TN

#10 Feb 1, 2008
Is Bush also responsible for the horrible parking situation in Asheville?

“Report and Deport1866-DHS-2 ICE”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#11 Feb 1, 2008
Sgt Rock wrote:
Is Bush also responsible for the horrible parking situation in Asheville?
No, that's his fathers fault.

Since: Jun 07

Jonesborough, TN

#12 Feb 1, 2008
Mtnbred wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's his fathers fault.
Oh.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Todd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Target in Boone (Jun '13) Fri Hghlands 24
Review: Hedrick Kepley Attorneys Apr 23 Dub Step 138
Best of the Best? Apr 22 traphouse_uk 2
Lost Province Fined For Movie Copyright Infring... Apr 22 austin_jolie 16
betty austin (Jul '14) Apr 22 austin_jolie 80
Three Stooges are running Watauga County in the... (Mar '11) Apr 17 Catherine 17
Has Anybody hired Vaughn Investigations (Dec '08) Apr 15 rabbi schmuckstein 43
More from around the web

Todd People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]