First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Harold

Banner Elk, NC

#21 Oct 7, 2013
J Jackson wrote:
"Perpetual politicians"--now that's really funny. Perpetual means "never ending or never changing, so frequent as to seem endless and uninterrupted." Brantz and Ball are in their second terms as town councilmen, and Ms. Pena is NEW to running for political office. That is hardly perpetual. But then again, Harold said it. By the way, even if they were perpetual politicians, so what? You say it as if that's an insult. Politics is a career for many Democrats, Republicans and Libertarians alike. Nothing wrong with that.
It is when we are dealing with liars like Brantz, Pena and Ball! They have not changed and will continue to take tax dollars for their pet projects only to personally not support them.

By the way, thanks for helping keep at the top of threads: "Brantz, Pena and Ball Don't Support Local Businesses." More people will see the truth.
J Jackson

Raleigh, NC

#22 Oct 7, 2013
Harold I've seen you use that tired phrase before on other threads about thanking people that respond to your posts for keeping your posts at the top of the thread. It doesn't surprise me that you have said that more than once, because you are the kind of poster who only wants to be able to dish it out, but when you get a response that flattens your opinion, you don't want anyone to see it. You're just a bully who wants only his opinion out there. You are correct that "more people will see the truth" because as long as you put your negativity out there, people will respond with the truth. You see, everyone, the Boone Forum is Harold's forum, and thou shalt not disagree with him!
Biggie McBig

Hickory, NC

#23 Oct 7, 2013
Harold wrote:
According to the "Watauga Democrat," "The campaigns of Ball, Brantz and Pea paid Pennsylvania-based Capitol Promotions a combined total of $2,384.65."
So much for Democratic candidates supporting local businesses. Those who give to these candidates and no better than the large corporations that are moving jobs overseas.
Fortunately Templeton and Phillips are spending their campaign funds in local businesses according to the "Watauga Democrat."
Well, F you Harold, you don't support our local businesses either you dickhead, you live in Sparta.
Harold

Banner Elk, NC

#24 Oct 7, 2013
Poor babies. Biggie McBig and J Jackson find their views are opposed. Too bad you are supporters of those three perpetual politicans Brantz, Pena and Ball. Promise the people anything to win other than the truth the true mark of a perpetual poitician. Make your attacks personal hoping to obscure the truth.

The truth is Brantz and Balls used taxpayer dollars to promote a policy they did not support.

Wasted votes, lies and always seeking election: the true motto of Brantz, Pena and Ball.
J Jackson

Raleigh, NC

#25 Oct 7, 2013
Like someone said above, it's impossible to have a conversation with Harold, he just keeps repeating the same post over and over again. And accusing others of making personal attacks? Harold makes outrageous personal insults in every thread he posts, but again, it's only fair when HE does it. Over and out :)
Jake

Wilmington, NC

#26 Oct 7, 2013
J Jackson wrote:
"Perpetual politicians"--now that's really funny. Perpetual means "never ending or never changing, so frequent as to seem endless and uninterrupted." Brantz and Ball are in their second terms as town councilmen, and Ms. Pena is NEW to running for political office. That is hardly perpetual. But then again, Harold said it. By the way, even if they were perpetual politicians, so what? You say it as if that's an insult. Politics is a career for many Democrats, Republicans and Libertarians alike. Nothing wrong with that.
Term limits should be a real thing. Career politicians are not good for the country. Idiot.
Harold

Banner Elk, NC

#27 Oct 7, 2013
J Jackson wrote:
Like someone said above, it's impossible to have a conversation with Harold, he just keeps repeating the same post over and over again. And accusing others of making personal attacks? Harold makes outrageous personal insults in every thread he posts, but again, it's only fair when HE does it. Over and out :)
The truth the truth and it bears repeating. Why don't you address Brantz's and Ball's two face policies. I will repeat so you will remember what the thread is about as opposed to your efforts to obscure the truth.

The fact is we have Brantz, Pena and Ball seeking office, again and again, claiming that they will finally do the right thing. Can we trust them?
In this case they launched a campaign to have the locals by locally. They used tax payer dollars to promote it.
But as soon as they think people are not looking Brantz, Pena and Ball leave the locals behind to get their campaign materials done in Pennsylvania.
They care nothing for local jobs as Brantz and Pena are employed by the state. They will have jobs no matter what and they can send their North Carolina taxpayer dollars to Pennsylvania. Their defense for going out of town, it is okay to put locals out of work for Boone is not unionized.
I wonder what other hypocrisy they are planning if re-elected. At best they are hypocrites and at worse liars.
Bob

Boone, NC

#28 Oct 7, 2013
Posting the same thing over and over doesn't help your arguement.
Harold

Banner Elk, NC

#29 Oct 7, 2013
Bob wrote:
Posting the same thing over and over doesn't help your arguement.
Truth is truth: Brantz, Pena and Ball Don't Support Local Businesses

By the way you need to use spell check: a-r-g-u-m-e-n-t .
Yawns

Elk Park, NC

#30 Oct 7, 2013
Harold is not exactly high on the IQ train from his posts. most of them are pretty incoherent an he tend to babble a lot. I have seen some good arguments why each person running is good and bad, but poor harold needs to go back to grade school.
Bob

Boone, NC

#31 Oct 7, 2013
Harold wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth is truth: Brantz, Pena and Ball Don't Support Local Businesses
By the way you need to use spell check: a-r-g-u-m-e-n-t .
Woah! You got me! You just won your argument because I slipped in an extra "e". Good job!

Not!
Harold

Banner Elk, NC

#32 Oct 7, 2013
Yawns wrote:
Harold is not exactly high on the IQ train from his posts. most of them are pretty incoherent an he tend to babble a lot. I have seen some good arguments why each person running is good and bad, but poor harold needs to go back to grade school.
he fact is we have Brantz, Pena and Ball seeking office, again and again, claiming that they will finally do the right thing. Can we trust them?
In this case they launched a campaign to have the locals by locally. They used tax payer dollars to promote it.
But as soon as they think people are not looking Brantz, Pena and Ball leave the locals behind to get their campaign materials done in Pennsylvania.
They care nothing for local jobs as Brantz and Pena are employed by the state. They will have jobs no matter what and they can send their North Carolina taxpayer dollars to Pennsylvania. Their defense for going out of town, it is okay to put locals out of work for Boone is not unionized.
I wonder what other hypocrisy they are planning if re-elected. At best they are hypocrites and at worse liars.
Jake

Wilmington, NC

#33 Oct 7, 2013
I'm just a college student and I am not from Boone, but the fact that any of you people are cool with your local elected officials buying campaign gear from outside of your area (even state) is nuts. I think its weird you people would defend that? I know back home in Washington, NC everybody knows who makes signs in town and prints goods. Our local politicians keep it local.

I do know you people in Boone rip one another new one over politics in this town. It's my second year here in Boone and it makes me feel embarrassed for you. You have more hatred here than on Capitol Hill.

Leads me to believe the people posting this crap are probably the candidates themselves. So Ball, Pena, and Brantz, you do not have my vote. Maybe Brantz, he is a smart guy. But Ball seems to be disliked by just about everyone I've met. He seems rotten. Maybe that Mena guy or Church can take him.
Brendan

Raleigh, NC

#34 Oct 7, 2013
Jake, why would Ball, Brantz or Pena post negative things about themselves? Which posters are you suggesting are the candidates themselves? Those are serious questions because I don't understand what you mean.

It's my opinion that these candidates do not even read Boone Topix, and if they did, they do not give it much credence. This forum seems to be a place that people of opposing parties can fight back and forth with each other. There not a lot of serious discussion about issues going on here. This forum does not have a large following; there is rarely more than 20-25 people on this forum at any given time. And the anonymous nature of the posts makes the content untrustworthy. Political campaigns are well run organizations with knowledgeable people who are savvy about the ways of the world, and it's my opinion that Boone Topix is not high on their list of what they're concerned about. And actually, Ball and Brantz are well known, well respected and very well liked by the majority of people in Boone, and Pena is fast making a nice impression on people even though she is new on the political scene.
Harold

Banner Elk, NC

#35 Oct 10, 2013
The truth the truth and it bears repeating. Why don't you address Brantz's and Ball's two face policies. I will repeat so you will remember what the thread is about as opposed to your efforts to obscure the truth.

The fact is we have Brantz, Pena and Ball seeking office, again and again, claiming that they will finally do the right thing. Can we trust them?
In this case they launched a campaign to have the locals buy locally. They used tax payer dollars to promote it.
But as soon as they think people are not looking Brantz, Pena and Ball leave the locals behind to get their campaign materials done in Pennsylvania.
They care nothing for local jobs as Brantz and Pena are employed by the state. They will have jobs no matter what and they can send their North Carolina taxpayer dollars to Pennsylvania. Their defense for going out of town, it is okay to put locals out of work for Boone is not unionized.
I wonder what other hypocrisy they are planning if re-elected. At best they are hypocrites and at worse liars.
Bobby

Banner Elk, NC

#36 Oct 13, 2013
Harold wrote:
The truth the truth and it bears repeating. Why don't you address Brantz's and Ball's two face policies. I will repeat so you will remember what the thread is about as opposed to your efforts to obscure the truth.
The fact is we have Brantz, Pena and Ball seeking office, again and again, claiming that they will finally do the right thing. Can we trust them?
In this case they launched a campaign to have the locals buy locally. They used tax payer dollars to promote it.
But as soon as they think people are not looking Brantz, Pena and Ball leave the locals behind to get their campaign materials done in Pennsylvania.
They care nothing for local jobs as Brantz and Pena are employed by the state. They will have jobs no matter what and they can send their North Carolina taxpayer dollars to Pennsylvania. Their defense for going out of town, it is okay to put locals out of work for Boone is not unionized.
I wonder what other hypocrisy they are planning if re-elected. At best they are hypocrites and at worse liars.
They never have supported the businesses of Boone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Todd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Hedrick Kepley Attorneys 12 hr Biggie McBig 90
Racing returns to Boone Mar 24 Cflay 1
Mountain View Speedway Mar 23 Cflay 1
Gary Knight jumps dealships Mar 22 Taylor Miller 2
Cameron Ferguson Atty (Jan '09) Mar 15 In the know 398
cheap car Mar 15 DON W SOUTH 4
Lemon vid (May '12) Dec '13 James Heafner 2
Todd Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Todd People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]