WNC economy falters in August

WNC economy falters in August

There are 3 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Oct 10, 2007, titled WNC economy falters in August. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Western North Carolina's economic activity fell in August due in part to declines in the housing market and consumer spending, according to the Western North Carolina Economic Index prepared at Appalachian ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

Jake

Asheville, NC

#1 Oct 10, 2007
Say it isnt so! I thought WNC was immune to economic and housing problems.
tired of it all

United States

#2 Oct 10, 2007
From what I've been told by many of the Housing Construction workers I talk with every day, it seems the high-end developments here in this area and towards Blowing Rock have slowed down significantly.

Some financing fell thru and some of the lookers were just looking.

The 22% property tax increase probably didn't do much to make possible buyers happy and eager.
Never say Never

Jefferson, NC

#3 Oct 10, 2007
Yesterday's election in Boone didn't help matters either. So called progressives want us all to pay our taxes and shut up otherwise. They will tell us how and when we will use our property.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Todd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Good Personal Trainer (Dec '10) 22 min misty 5
News Police apprehend driver after chase through Boone Wed Bob 1
News Mary Helen Cole - going strong and full of life Tue Zach 1
High Country Recycling Jun 28 Zach 3
News Watauga County: New Trial Ordered For Convicted... (Mar '11) Jun 26 huh 33
Governor McCrory will be at tweetsie Jun 26 huh 2
Precision Transmission(used to be at Exxon at W... Jun 26 Ashley 1

Todd Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance