Best Western

Posted in the Todd Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of88
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
BooneGal

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 8, 2013
 
What happened at best western today?
Nunyahbiznus

Hickory, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jun 8, 2013
 
Naha

White Pine, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Two more people were found dead at best Nothing was mentioned last time this happened. About 1-2 months ago two elderly one man and a woman were found dead by the laundry lady. And today a woman and her baby were found by the housekeeper. The woman is in the hospital i dont know if she is alive now or not and the baby died. These incident occurred in the same room. Why the police did not release this to the new papers i dont know. But something fishy is going on in that hotel!
Brad

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Boone wants to keep the image of "nothing bad happens here". I also love how they release the crimestoppers reports sometimes months after the crime happens. Boone's finest!
Bob

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 9, 2013
 
WBTV is reporting that the mother had carbon monoxide poisoning. It seems highly improbable that 3 people would die in the same room due to natural causes. Best Western will be paying millions for this.
Steve

Maiden, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jun 9, 2013
 
Seems odd twice same room.plus hotels problably not required to have those detectors.
Itty bitty kitty

Zionville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jun 9, 2013
 
Since the central planners at boone control everything should they not be partially responsible for this? Who did the inspection of this place? In my mind the inspectors are at falt here if you have ever built anything in boone you know you have no say so in almost any aspect of things so why would the owners be responsible! Afterall why do we have all these inspectors and regs if its going to be the owners fault? If this is the owners fault then the owners should be able to do thier own inspections or hire someone who is compotent to do so and not depend on the towns inspectors?
AVERAGE JOE

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jun 9, 2013
 

Judged:

2

The elderly couple that died at the Best Western in April were presumed to have had heart related deaths. Woman finds husband dead and has heart attack trying to revive him or something to that nature. She was in a workable cardiac arrest and transported to the hospital while being resuscitated ending unsuccessfully. Their toxicology report has not come back from the medical examiners office from what I understand. I guess the presumption of no foul play relating to the elderly couple did not warrant involvement from the press. The current situation on the other hand now raises speculation and questions in relation to the previous event. I would assume something like a ventilation issue that somehow is confined to that room. Prayers to the families
Boone Concerned Citizen

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jun 10, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Bob wrote:
WBTV is reporting that the mother had carbon monoxide poisoning. It seems highly improbable that 3 people would die in the same room due to natural causes. Best Western will be paying millions for this.
I only wish I could charge you for your ignorance. In your first sentence you say "The report is CO2 poisoning", and then follow it up with "Improbable that 3 die from natural causes".

Bob, you are a buffoon .

I wish I could charge you millions for your blundering ignorance as it goes on here constantly.
Bob

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 10, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Boone Concerned Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
I only wish I could charge you for your ignorance. In your first sentence you say "The report is CO2 poisoning", and then follow it up with "Improbable that 3 die from natural causes".
Bob, you are a buffoon .
I wish I could charge you millions for your blundering ignorance as it goes on here constantly.
Carbon monoxide is CO, not CO2.
Sir hands

Zionville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jun 10, 2013
 
I tend to agree with kitty if this was Co then it has to be coning from somewhere and it should have never passed inspection. How could this be the hotel owners fault? If they have done some remodeling without a permit then yes it is thier fault but if they have recently done some work and properly pulled thier permits and have passed inspection then this falls in the town of Boones lap! If not the Towns fault then what is the purpose of permits and inspections? If the town skates on this they should never be allowed to do another inspection again.

If the owner of this property used licensed workers for the initial build and or remodel and the town did inspections and issud a certificate of occupancy what else could the owners of this property have done to prevent this? If the owner is liable on this incident there is no need to have licensed workers or inspectors? That is what they are for if not someone please tell me why we have these rules in place? Right?
Brad

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jun 10, 2013
 
If something like this can happen at a nearly new motel in Boone, imagine the hazards out at Turtle Island. Codes, laws and regulations are supposed to prevent things like this from happening. Is it 100% effective? No. But it's more effective than no codes at all.
holymoly

Vale, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jun 10, 2013
 
I do not think it is a mere coincidence, something is very wrong.
Biggie McBig

Hickory, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jun 10, 2013
 

Judged:

3

Norman Bates works there
Emm

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jun 10, 2013
 
These hotels have been there for more than five years. That is not an inspection problem. Something changed within the last year that has caused this. It probably has something to do with them switching to natural gas and not getting their systems properly converted.
I doubt (but I'm not sure) that inspections are required when you change fuel sources.
The bigger question is why wasn't there an autopsy for the elderly couple. Was there a police investigation? If there was, what was the result? If there wasn't, why not?
This kid's death was completely preventable and a tragedy.
Heisenberg

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jun 10, 2013
 
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Carbon monoxide is CO, not CO2.
Nice catch.
Boone123

Vilas, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jun 10, 2013
 
Well they havent had the best management here in the past few yrs, extremely young and unexperienced GM's
Observer

Corvallis, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jun 10, 2013
 
Local police, fire dept and health inspectors are also negligent for not fully investigating the deaths of the elderly couple at the time. They quickly wrote them off as elderly, therefore just a coincidence that they both died in the same room, same day, case closed. It doesn't have to take extremely high levels of CO to cause heart trauma to the elderly, or to the young. This should NEVER have happened again. The scenario Avg Joe describes is not how the scene unfolded for the elderly couple, but perhaps what police wish to convey since they disregarded any serious follow-up to protect others from the same danger. Protecting town image or just plain lazy and incompetent, I don't know.
Dee

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jun 10, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

Boone Concerned Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
I only wish I could charge you for your ignorance. In your first sentence you say "The report is CO2 poisoning", and then follow it up with "Improbable that 3 die from natural causes".
Bob, you are a buffoon .
I wish I could charge you millions for your blundering ignorance as it goes on here constantly.
Do you just interpret things however they suit you? What is so ignorant about 3 deaths, occurring in the same room over 2 months, being improbable? I've noticed that you seem to pick fights with particular people on here, and you always lose. I think it would be best for you to keep your thoughts to yourself.
James

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jun 10, 2013
 

Judged:

2

Boone PD is saying that no evidence links the two cases. Does Boone PD conpletely lack common sense?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of88
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Todd Discussions

Search the Todd Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Tickets to Merlefest 7 hr Old timer 3
josh ruppard 8 hr just me 4
Stomach Bug in Boone 9 hr boonemom 1
Military plane 11 hr Kevin 1
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 13 hr Red Square 49,332
Watauga County Sheriff's race Apr 15 check it 33
Humane Society (Oct '12) Apr 14 bob 12
•••
•••
•••
•••

Todd Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Todd People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••