WNC region's economic gains in June e...

WNC region's economic gains in June erase past losses

There are 5 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Aug 10, 2007, titled WNC region's economic gains in June erase past losses. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Economic activity in Western North Carolina, as measured by the Western North Carolina Economic Index, increased substantially in June, rising 0.9 percent for the month.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

stephen prusak

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

#1 Aug 11, 2007
in what catagories does the job seem to be & where is the strongest areas. i heard that the tax structure in south carolina was better for bus. thats why greenville is growing.
Bush Economy

Greenville, SC

#2 Aug 11, 2007
Excellent news! Watch these numbers improve even more with FAIRTAX!
Bush Economy

Greenville, SC

#3 Aug 11, 2007
SC tax structure is WAY easier than NC. They reward business, not punish it with severe taxes like NC.
Frank

Asheville, NC

#4 Aug 12, 2007
More waiter and hotel maid jobs is not exactly a great improvement in the WNC economy. If I hear that new jobs with Microsoft, Boeing, or IBM are available in WNC, I will think different.
The Turk

Auburn, AL

#5 Aug 12, 2007
Frank wrote:
More waiter and hotel maid jobs is not exactly a great improvement in the WNC economy.
Where did it say that in the article?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Todd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dr T J Mcanallen ? What happened to him (May '09) 19 hr LasVegasPatient 143
Local Business 20 hr Eyeroll 3
Does anyone know FL Davis (Nov '13) Wed Carrie 10
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Nov 29 narako 2
April medynski (Jun '16) Nov 28 Paul 16
Appalachian Pressure Washing & Staining Nov 28 Dave 2
waffle house girls ? Nov 27 showby994 1

Todd Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance