Hotel owner Ashok Patel dies

Hotel owner Ashok Patel dies

There are 51 comments on the Watauga Democrat story from Jan 10, 2013, titled Hotel owner Ashok Patel dies. In it, Watauga Democrat reports that:

Patel was a native of Loughborough, England, and graduated from the Royal College of Science with a bachelor's degree in mathematics, according to The Mountain Times archives.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Watauga Democrat.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
lisafore

Laurinburg, NC

#48 Nov 7, 2015
Pepper wrote:
His legacy is rat bag hotels all over town that need to be torn down. Not only are they an eyesore, they attract vagrants/rats.
Ashok owned TWO hotels that were very low budget. The rest of his hotels were very nice. It's hard to see someone just bash a man who has passed and not here to defend hImself and show NO respect for his family!!!
lisafore

Laurinburg, NC

#49 Nov 7, 2015
What is being done to solve the flooding problems in Boone????
lisafore

Laurinburg, NC

#50 Nov 7, 2015
I was the GM at THE GREYSTONE LODGE when it was the GREYSTONE. Ashok was a great man. Caring, funny and LOVED BOONE...seems sad to think Boone did not love him back. From an old saying IF YOU HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY THEN SAY NOTHING AT ALL...I and my husband will miss him greatly.
Bounty Hunter

Boone, NC

#51 Dec 5, 2015
it is very sad to read some of these dirt bags post about Mr Patel, Ashok was a very nice man. Ive only heard wonderful things about him. It is funny how some broke hill billy will act tough behind a computer screen saying hateful things about a dead man, and in real life kiss Mr Patel's rear end. The nerve you have to come on this forum and moan about his hotels being rat bags? You are a wanna be and degenerate. Mr Patel created jobs in this small town, he hired contractors to work on his properties, he put money$ back into the community. We used to call him uncle Ashok because he treated everybody like they were his own family. I was born and raised in Boone, and I have a lot or respect for Ashok. How lame of you to come on Topix and groan about his estate making better decisions about his property. That is none of your got damn business, you are weak to come and act tough on the internet, beatch
Bob

Boone, NC

#52 Dec 6, 2015
Bounty Hunter wrote:
it is very sad to read some of these dirt bags post about Mr Patel, Ashok was a very nice man. Ive only heard wonderful things about him. It is funny how some broke hill billy will act tough behind a computer screen saying hateful things about a dead man, and in real life kiss Mr Patel's rear end. The nerve you have to come on this forum and moan about his hotels being rat bags? You are a wanna be and degenerate. Mr Patel created jobs in this small town, he hired contractors to work on his properties, he put money$ back into the community. We used to call him uncle Ashok because he treated everybody like they were his own family. I was born and raised in Boone, and I have a lot or respect for Ashok. How lame of you to come on Topix and groan about his estate making better decisions about his property. That is none of your got damn business, you are weak to come and act tough on the internet, beatch
What many of these people aren't mentioning, is that those two particular hotels were sh1tholes long before Mr. Patel took them on. It is a fair statement that Mr. Patel got in over his head with quite a few businesses, but that shouldn't take away from the fact that he brought many jobs to our area, and did much more good than harm. It's a shame that he thought taking his own life was the best solution to his situation.
MosleyP

Cornelius, NC

#53 Dec 8, 2015
The real douche canoe is Damon Mallatere.
Melinda

Boone, NC

#54 Dec 8, 2015
MosleyP wrote:
The real douche canoe is Damon Mallatere.
Honestly, I haven't seen enough to consider him criminally liable in those 3 deaths. Technically, he had control over the daily operations, but he himself didn't do the shoddy work that resulted in the deaths. The guys who switched the heater to operate on a different fuel should be partially liable, along with the workers who half assed the repair work on the vent. There should be more people on trial than just this one man.
Bob

Boone, NC

#56 Feb 17, 2016
Mallatere instructed his untrained janitorial staff to exchange a pool heated, one designed for natural gas, with a heater from another motel, this one designed for LP gas. He did this after reputable installers were not hired after they inspected and failed the pool heater and duct system that eventually killed those people.

The DA was correct in not dragging innocent janitors or reputable gas installers into this grave tragedy.

Mallatere deserves life behind bars at bare minimum.
Suk it

Vilas, NC

#57 Feb 19, 2016
They were rat bags and now they're dust just like your azz buddy Patel.
the trut

Boone, NC

#58 Feb 19, 2016
Has everyone forgotten that Boone Planning and inspections signed off on the switch after inspecting it?
Bob

Boone, NC

#59 Feb 21, 2016
the trut wrote:
Has everyone forgotten that Boone Planning and inspections signed off on the switch after inspecting it?
Apparently so. They have also forgotten that the ME had the capability to prevent the second incident, as did the fire department and Boone PD. Also, there was an incident prior to the first deaths, but nothing was done about that either. So many people had their hands on this, it's ridiculous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Todd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CriminaL Senator Al FrankenJew molests women Nov 17 YOUSE 1
Al FrankenJew: It's OK, because he's the victim! Nov 17 Al FrankenJew 1
News Domestic dispute case ends in guilty verdict Nov 16 gynocentrism at w... 10
ISRAEL 'HACKS' U.S. SENATE ELECTION JWO Media S... Nov 14 BadGoy 1
no, "it's not ok to be white" Nov 14 Pam 1
Why all White Countries must die...FOR THE JWO Nov 14 Joe 1
ArborCare (Mar '17) Nov 11 YEP 4

Todd Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Todd Mortgages