Hotel owner Ashok Patel dies

Hotel owner Ashok Patel dies

There are 51 comments on the Watauga Democrat story from Jan 10, 2013, titled Hotel owner Ashok Patel dies. In it, Watauga Democrat reports that:

Patel was a native of Loughborough, England, and graduated from the Royal College of Science with a bachelor's degree in mathematics, according to The Mountain Times archives.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Watauga Democrat.

TheBeesKnees

Greer, SC

#28 Feb 1, 2013
I honestly despise when people get on this forum and start such disrespectful rants about people who have died. Geoff I am sure that if you could read you would know that he was here legally. He had every right to be here. Some people just can't stand to see other people be successful, regardless of where they are from. They want everyone to be as financially burdened and miserable as they are. It is just a shame that friends and family will see this tacky, heartless forum. However I am sure that you all will gain happiness to know that someone's feelings have been hurt on top of dealing with the death of a loved one. No couth.
Bob

Carolina Beach, NC

#29 Feb 1, 2013
It doesn't matter to me where you're from, what color you are, what gender you prefer, or what you believe. If you're a productive member of society, which Patel was, then you're alright in my eyes.
geoff

Nottingham, UK

#30 Feb 1, 2013
TheBeesKnees wrote:
I honestly despise when people get on this forum and start such disrespectful rants about people who have died. Geoff I am sure that if you could read you would know that he was here legally. He had every right to be here. Some people just can't stand to see other people be successful, regardless of where they are from. They want everyone to be as financially burdened and miserable as they are. It is just a shame that friends and family will see this tacky, heartless forum. However I am sure that you all will gain happiness to know that someone's feelings have been hurt on top of dealing with the death of a loved one. No couth.
shutup i do what o like , its my life why would i allow a maggot like you to tell me what to do?
TheBeesKnees

Greer, SC

#31 Feb 1, 2013
geoff wrote:
<quoted text>
shutup i do what o like , its my life why would i allow a maggot like you to tell me what to do?
Wow really. Obviously you never wanted to go to school. I won't humor you by lowering my standards to bickering with you on here. Perhaps you should consider taking some basic grammar classes in your spare time. Have a nice day!
Doris Crawford

Norman, OK

#32 Feb 4, 2013
Ashok was and still is the most caring sincere man you will ever meet. He was my boss and was the best boss I had ever worked for. He also helped me and my family survive when I had no one else to help me. How dare you "Pepper" speak the things you speak of Ashok. You know what they say about Karma!
Pepper

Granite Falls, NC

#33 Feb 4, 2013
I'll say what the hell I want. I have to look at all those rat bag hotels that pollute the town and attract rats and bums. If he was so great why did he let that go on? He let you scrub his toilets? My god, let's get that man cannonized ASAP!
Boone Goone

Boone, NC

#34 Feb 15, 2013
Boone Daughter wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm unsure of its standing at the time of his death- but yes he certainly did own The Hampton. He opened it.
I beg to differ

Since: Jan 13

Boone, NC

#35 Feb 15, 2013
Committed suicide on the parkway
what idoits

West Jefferson, NC

#36 Feb 18, 2013
All of the haters..... Payin to rent a room in a Resort town is not where the bums are stayin! That would be another place in town.....
Talking about a man who has died is the lowest of low...regardless! That only serves sick minds who like to hurt people.....for no reason. You will not even see the pain probably......how sick you are. Good thing you have a computer. Only friend you have I'm sure. If you do have a "friend" I'm sure he/she would receive the same "kind" words.
Ashok had more to him than you could ever Wish to have. He was a kind, hard working, compassionate man. He has provided jobs in this commmunity 30 years!
what have you done (Pepper or Geoff) besides be a wart on the ass of society??
Pepper

Granite Falls, NC

#37 Feb 19, 2013
So I'm guessing you were given the "honor" of scrubbing his toilets, too?
Confuzzled

Arden, NC

#38 Mar 4, 2013
And what? Spend heaps of money knocking those two hotels down, fire the employees that have worked there for years, one who lives there. Then spend even more money building a brand new hotel, when a new one was just built, to join the competition in this economy?
Why not in those cases, let big business in, they can afford to tear them down and rebuild. Yet, we don't because of local business.
Just Wondering

Charlotte, NC

#39 Mar 6, 2013
Really shocks me to hear how people talk about people especially after something so tragic has happened.Death is hard enough to deal with but when someone feels like life isnt worth living that is the hardest to deal with.Life is precious.One day you all may face the same as this family has and then how will you feel to have people talk about your love ones.As for the motel i agree they need to tear it down and get rid of the trash there.
Jeff

Carolina Beach, NC

#40 Mar 6, 2013
I see a lot of people hating on the guy. Most of you probably didn't know him and are hating on him because he was more successful than you'll ever be. It's not his fault that he was raking in the cash while you're stuck in your dead end jobs with an 8th grade education
Pepper

Granite Falls, NC

#41 Mar 7, 2013
Yes, because being a slum lord is a lucrative and respected ,ahem, "profession". Must not have been too successful since he blew his own head off.
Joe

Carolina Beach, NC

#42 Mar 7, 2013
He owned more nicer hotels than slums. You can't makes judgements about someone based on a couple examples.
jerry

Boone, NC

#43 Mar 7, 2013
poor guy, get it?
geoff

Aberdeen, UK

#44 Mar 10, 2013
Pepper wrote:
I'll say what the hell I want. I have to look at all those rat bag hotels that pollute the town and attract rats and bums. If he was so great why did he let that go on? He let you scrub his toilets? My god, let's get that man cannonized ASAP!
the curry muncher will be in heaven with the monkey god and the elephant with 8 arms!
idoits

West Jefferson, NC

#45 Mar 31, 2013
Pepper wrote:
So I'm guessing you were given the "honor" of scrubbing his toilets, too?
with honor.... with any Job! idiots like you who feel you are to Good to clean a toilet! you must be a Really!!!!!! miserable person...you never have anything good to say. good thing you have a computer to hide behind
exposer

UK

#46 Mar 31, 2013
It is real funny to see a bunch of trailer trash net surfing yankees abusing an non-white individual who migrated to the UK and was a success story and none of you trailer yankee didli dooos have ever even been to Leicester nor could you afford to even if you wanted to you pathetic little losers !!

They are just envious that an Indian could do so well while their worthless selves have spent their entire lives only dreaming about such success.

Now stick to pissing yourselves down the drain with your skanky partners and do not comment on how we live thank you.
Bob

Carolina Beach, NC

#47 Mar 31, 2013
Well, I thought Mr. Patel was a good man. But why would any of us Yankees want to waste our money going to the UK? Our ancestors sailed west for a reason. I guess you Brits across the pond are still a little pissy about getting your asses whipped by us Yankees.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Todd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
High Country Seafood 20 hr Bob 1
Dr T J Mcanallen ? What happened to him (May '09) Aug 20 Hendmom1990 142
Jesse Grimes, Convicted Sex Offender Aug 20 Mary 6
News Sex offender, former police officer faces new c... Aug 17 lester 4
Landry S. Debord Aug 15 IhaveballsLol 3
News Boone pays to settle wrongful arrest lawsuit Aug 15 Bob 4
Cornetts on the Hill Aug 14 Josh 4

Todd Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance