Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Harold, you dumbass. Why don't you be runnin instead of hatin??
Harold

West Jefferson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Biggie McBig wrote:
Harold, you dumbass. Why don't you be runnin instead of hatin??
Biggie McBig aka Dumb Ass: This thread is about Andy Ball. If you think he is a great politician defend him. If you think he is a Ball-Less Politician then you are in the right place. Try not to show your ignorance and remain on topic.
Brendan

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Harold you're funny! Mr. Ball doesn't need defending from you of all people. You act like you own this forum and the only people allowed to speak on it are those that insult a candidate. Mr. Ball's record as Boone Town Councilmember for 4 years, among other government, civic and community experience, speaks for itself. I'm sure all the other candidates are nice people, but Mr. Ball is the only one with experience in how local government works. Your name calling is so immature, are you in the 6th grade or something? That's what your method of language sounds like--a 12-year old boy. I am not name calling, I refuse to engage in that, I am just seriously telling you what your level of maturity sounds like. If you want to be taken seriously, maybe talking about the issues would be a better way to get your point across. However, I think maybe I am expecting too much from an anonymous online forum, because somehow it seems people feel "safe" insulting other people when their identity is hidden.
Harold

West Jefferson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Brendan wrote:
Harold you're funny! Mr. Ball doesn't need defending from you of all people. You act like you own this forum and the only people allowed to speak on it are those that insult a candidate. Mr. Ball's record as Boone Town Councilmember for 4 years, among other government, civic and community experience, speaks for itself. I'm sure all the other candidates are nice people, but Mr. Ball is the only one with experience in how local government works. Your name calling is so immature, are you in the 6th grade or something? That's what your method of language sounds like--a 12-year old boy. I am not name calling, I refuse to engage in that, I am just seriously telling you what your level of maturity sounds like. If you want to be taken seriously, maybe talking about the issues would be a better way to get your point across. However, I think maybe I am expecting too much from an anonymous online forum, because somehow it seems people feel "safe" insulting other people when their identity is hidden.
Thank you for taking me seriously and contributing to this thread on why andy Ball is a Ball-less Politician. Despite your slanderous comments it is peple like you who keep this thread at the top of the list and thus viewed by so many. If it changes one person's mind on Election Day it is worth it.

You are right that Andy Ball's record on the Boone Town Council speaks for itself. Andy Ball has no achievements other than being elected to the town council. Andy Ball is a Ball-less politician. Here is a recent example. He has been unable to make the tough decisions. A recent example is that in its most recent budget Andy Ball could not make the hard decision as to whether to cut spending or raise taxes to balance the budget. What he did do was raid the rainy day fund for approximately a million dollars for he did not want to be blamed for raising taxes or people losing their jobs before the election. Once elected as mayor he will not care. Let the town council raise taxes while he seeks his next political office.

Andy Ball is The Ball-less Politician!
with Harold

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Harold is right there. The Council did abuse the rainy day fund to avoid raising taxes...

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THERE IS A RAINY DAY!?!?!?! Boone is going to be shit out of luck. Andy Ball is no leader he is just one component of the machine in town. And for that matter he hasn't lived here very long. And the degree thing isn't about the paper, it is about work ethic. Ball is interested in what can get his name on things. For instance, look at the dozens of pics he posts of just his face...he is self-obsessed.

Furthermore, Andy Ball has no community involvement outside of politics. He came to Boone, he ran for office, and he hasn't left. Being mayor is a pit stop on the way to higher Democratic achievements. I'd HARDLY compare him to any of the great names listed in Mountaineer's comment. Andy Ball is no Abe Lincoln, he can't even get the county to talk to him. So much for his diplomacy and leadership skills, right?

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

The Town was well above the amount of reserves required for the rainy day fund. The town is still above the required amount. It was a smart move to not raise taxes, as the increased tax rate would likely stick around even as tax revenue is forecasted in increase in the coming years.
Ball sucks

Zionville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

Ball, Clawson, Mason, and all of them are idiots and are on a fast track taking Boone right down the old shitter! Wake up people while you still can open your mind and do some research Harmon is the man! I hope cause the other choice sucks balls
Harold

West Jefferson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Mountaineer55 wrote:
The Town was well above the amount of reserves required for the rainy day fund. The town is still above the required amount. It was a , as the increased tax rate would likely stick around even as tax revenue is forecasted in increase in the coming years.
Yes, the Town's rainy day fund was above the state law requirement. You think it was "smart move to not raise taxes" and the decision not to limit spending.

How do you propose to balance the budget in the future unless you are not going to raise taxes or cut spending? Are you planning to violate state law by continuing to siphon off money from the rainy day fund? The scenario you propose is stupid. If the Town continues to pull money out of the rainy day fund it will violate state law. Therefore you have to raise taxes or cut spending.

Andy Ball is a ball-less politician. He knows these choices. Of course he did not finish college so he may be dumb. Or, and I think more likely, he choose not to make the hard decisions as it would harm his campaign to be the next mayor. If he voted to cut services people will have to be laid off and they would vote against him. That approach would also violate his philisophy of the more government the better. If he voted to raise taxes then the people of Boone would be angry and not vote for him.

Is he thinking he can get the Town to sue the County after he is elected in hopes of getting more sales tax dollars? How many hundreds of thousands of dollars has he already voted to spend suing residents of this county?

Andy Ball is a ball-less politician. He fails to make the hard decisions when they threaten his political career.
Bobby

West Jefferson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Ball sucks wrote:
Ball, Clawson, Mason, and all of them are idiots and are on a fast track taking Boone right down the old shitter! Wake up people while you still can open your mind and do some research Harmon is the man! I hope cause the other choice sucks balls
You are absolutely right! Why else would they delay the Watauga Democrat's request for information for over five months unless they were trying to decieve the people.

When the public sees that Ball-less Andy Ball and Brantz were trying to hushup the illegal way they treated the Templetons so they and Pena could win the election they will have to approve a huge tax increase to settle the lawsuits.
DsS32

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Either "Bobby" and "Harold" are the same person or we have two people from Sparta who are way too interested in Boone politics.
Bobby

West Jefferson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

DsS32 wrote:
Either "Bobby" and "Harold" are the same person or we have two people from Sparta who are way too interested in Boone politics.
Thank you!
Poliblog

Maiden, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

It's hard to actually conceive of Boone being represented by Andy Ball as our mayor. I expect that is what is going to happen, but it is not something to be proud of.

Seriously. Mayor Andy Ball?

Unfortunately there just aren't many choices out there. Jenny Church would be a better mayor and would actually be someone the town could be proud of when she shows up at a function. Andy? Get serious!
Gary

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

I saw Mr. Ball putting up signs around the courthouse this morning. He looks like a damn cartoon character.
No-nonsense

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Steven J wrote:
Billy, I think it is completely different. Professors are in a position of authority and there are privacy rights for students, doesn't matter if they are former students or current students. But I don't think he's a professor anyway, at least I hope not. I certainly wouldn't want him to be MY professor.
Professors also have the right to engage in political expression...
Poliblog

Ellenboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Gary wrote:
I saw Mr. Ball putting up signs around the courthouse this morning. He looks like a damn cartoon character.
http://reinventingfabulous.com/wp-content/upl...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 35 of35
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Todd Discussions

Search the Todd Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 14 min TSF 49,343
Tickets to Merlefest 10 hr Old timer 3
josh ruppard 11 hr just me 4
Stomach Bug in Boone 12 hr boonemom 1
Military plane 14 hr Kevin 1
Watauga County Sheriff's race Apr 15 check it 33
Humane Society (Oct '12) Apr 14 bob 12
•••
•••
•••
•••

Todd Jobs

•••