Comments
1 - 20 of 35 Comments Last updated Oct 22, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Harold

Sparta, NC

#1 Sep 8, 2013
Ball-Less Politics: the efforts by Andy Ball and his supporters to obscure the issues and election by refusing to answer questions and slandering those people who do ask them.
Hope

Sparta, NC

#3 Sep 9, 2013
New wrote:
Agreed Harold! With his beard he does resembles a sofisticated college professor. But he's a phony. Just barley a High School diploma. Who knows if that's true. No one will answer questions. I'd love to put him on the hot seat with about 10 questions and I'd bet my high school son could out do him.
I would not identify him as a collegee professor want-to-be. He is just a puppet with Pam Williamson pulling the strings.
Harold

Crumpler, NC

#4 Sep 10, 2013
It is heart warming to see there is agreement about Andy Ball's political style.
Harold

Crumpler, NC

#5 Sep 13, 2013
Have you seen Andy Ball's signs: "Andy Ball Mayor of Boone." Sounds like the election has already been held or his compatroits have decided how they will stuff the election boxes.
Don

Shady Valley, TN

#6 Sep 19, 2013
Which is better a professional politician like Andy Balls or a business owner?
Alex

Wilmington, NC

#7 Sep 19, 2013
Why would Ball want to be mayor? He is on town council and that is where the power lies. He wants to be mayor to move up in the democratic party.

Anybody but Ball for mayor. Seriously. ANYBODY.
Harold

West Jefferson, NC

#8 Sep 20, 2013
Alex wrote:
Why would Ball want to be mayor? He is on town council and that is where the power lies. He wants to be mayor to move up in the democratic party.
Anybody but Ball for mayor. Seriously. ANYBODY.
I agree! Andy Ball says it is to help the people of Boone. If so what has he done as a town coucil member? Is he a joke to the other members and is that why he has achieved nothing. He could not even graduate from college. Does he want to be mayor so he can get kick backs? Or is he hoping to be just another failed politican like those who got Boone and this country in trouble.
Selma

Sparta, NC

#9 Sep 21, 2013
At least Andy Ball tries to do the right thing. Jenny Church has no experience in the real world and cannot win.
Professor Freakonomics

Wilmington, NC

#10 Sep 21, 2013
Andy Ball is a bartender that dropped out of ASU. He was one of the laziest students I have ever had. I would hardly call that real world experience. How do you know Jenny doesn't have real world experience? Did you ask her? I am willing to bet you don't know anything about any of the candidates for mayor. No matter your politics, Mena, Harmon, and Church are all better than Ball. I promise you that.
Steven-C

Raleigh, NC

#11 Sep 21, 2013
Professor freakonomics, if you are REALLY a professor at Appalachian, you should be disciplined for talking about a student, good or bad. That is highly unethical. You better hope no one finds out who you are, but I still can't believe a professor would do what you're doing. That's why these forums are useless, because the writer can lie about his or her identity.
Billy

Boone, NC

#12 Sep 22, 2013
Steven-C wrote:
Professor freakonomics, if you are REALLY a professor at Appalachian, you should be disciplined for talking about a student, good or bad. That is highly unethical. You better hope no one finds out who you are, but I still can't believe a professor would do what you're doing. That's why these forums are useless, because the writer can lie about his or her identity.
I guess he would be talking about a former student, which teachers and professors do all the time. Sometimes good things are said, and sometimes bad things are said. Either way, I don't think there is anything unethical about talking about a former student. It's no different than a student or former student talking about a teacher or professor.
Steven J

United States

#14 Sep 22, 2013
Billy, I think it is completely different. Professors are in a position of authority and there are privacy rights for students, doesn't matter if they are former students or current students. But I don't think he's a professor anyway, at least I hope not. I certainly wouldn't want him to be MY professor.
Professor Freakonomics

Wilmington, NC

#15 Sep 22, 2013
Oh, please. I provided no personal information on a student. I provided no detailed record of attendance, grades, assignments, etc. I did not say anything that any other student in the classroom wouldn't have known. I made comments on their behavior in a classroom, therefore every person in class was witness. Nothing unethical about that. I am allowed to have a preference for Mayor, I live here and am a voter. I am posting a citizen with information on the character of a candidate, not the caliber of a student. Petty, petty, petty! People always looking to have a gripe with someone on this site.
Steven J

United States

#16 Sep 22, 2013
Nothing you said changes my mind. But that's ok, you're not here to change my mind.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#17 Sep 22, 2013
How long does one have to live in Boone until you all deem them invested in the town!? Hell, Andy has lived here for long enough to be RE-elected to the council..and I assume he was here for a while before he was elected to office the first time. Having actually ran for office, served in office, sat on boards, and spent time getting to know the town and it's people...he seems MORE invested than the rest of the candidates.

And just so you know...a huge percentage of this town is a young person with a low income who works in the hospitality industry...and those people need to be represented too. And lay off the college degree thing, its a piece of paper. Virginia Foxx has a freaking PHD, hows that working out for us?

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#18 Sep 22, 2013
Oh and what do Ted Turner, Bill Gates, Oprah, John Mackey, Abraham Lincoln, David Karp, and F Scott Fitzgerald all have in common? None finished college. While you Professor, never left.
Steven-C

Raleigh, NC

#20 Sep 22, 2013
Mountaineer55 wrote:
How long does one have to live in Boone until you all deem them invested in the town!? Hell, Andy has lived here for long enough to be RE-elected to the council..and I assume he was here for a while before he was elected to office the first time. Having actually ran for office, served in office, sat on boards, and spent time getting to know the town and it's people...he seems MORE invested than the rest of the candidates.
And just so you know...a huge percentage of this town is a young person with a low income who works in the hospitality industry...and those people need to be represented too. And lay off the college degree thing, its a piece of paper. Virginia Foxx has a freaking PHD, hows that working out for us?
Mountaineer, you are brilliant! Everything you said is true, this is one of the few posts that states something coherent. Thanks!!
Harold

Banner Elk, NC

#21 Sep 25, 2013
Steven-C wrote:
<quoted text>
Mountaineer, you are brilliant! Everything you said is true, this is one of the few posts that states something coherent. Thanks!!
Yes, those are men who had a vision and they were committed to achieving it.

Does Andy Ball have a vision? No. He is not going to create a new computer or write the great American novel.

If Ball-less Andy Ball has a vision it is growing up to be a state political boss like Pam Williamson is locally. He dreams of being governor or senator or getting an honorary degree from ASU so he can clain to be a college graduate.

Andy Ball will never achieve anything unless it is as a bar manager and at best is a Ball-less politician.
Steven J

United States

#23 Sep 25, 2013
Something is seriously wrong with Harold. He is absolutely obsessed and keeps repeating the same nonsense over and over that means nothing that no one but him seems to care about, and it has nothing to do with a mayoral race. It's just off topic and is starting to be laughable!
Daughtry

Boone, NC

#24 Sep 25, 2013
Harold is fine, he's absolutely correct with what's on his mind. If you question him then you just might be a warped Andy Ball. High Five Harold!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Todd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 11 min TSF 58,870
Deep Gap Fire Department 23 min Surrounding Commu... 139
charter sucks 5 hr dtcnorm 4
Spiritual Exercise Classes for the Least Endowe... 9 hr God 1
Thinking about moving to Boone (Jan '11) 10 hr God 50
Mack Brown Chevrolet (Nov '12) 10 hr Evelyn 26
Where does the Town of Boone find em? 10 hr God 6
•••
•••
•••

Todd Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000