“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#36115 Feb 16, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>So you are on board with Taxpayer and his doomsday crap, you just do not wish to call it communism?
Go build a bunker.
I'm on board with the fact that things are getting worse, not better.I don't need a bunker for that.Neither do I think either party has any solutions.

“Breaking the spell”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#36116 Feb 16, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text> So a "worker" can voice his grievance with no consequence? Isn't this "changing his image" of the company? Doesn't this freedom also have consequences of the action? Sounds contradicting to your former post! Must be that grey area you speak of!
<quoted text>
<quoted text>There are also laws that say overtime pays time and a half of ones normal wages. The little man is well compensated for his time. Sounds like the little man only wants the money when it's convenient to him. That's fine, just don't bitch when you want/need the money and the hours aren't available. Don't like it, to bad. When you sign the front of the check, then you can decide when you make the money!
I am sure your kind opposed the overtime laws. Before these laws, the businesses just worked the little man for eighteen hour days for no increase in pay.
Should I mention how in those days they had no laws on breaks,thus the employees often got no breaks?
Should I mention how there were no safety laws, thus employees often died or were maimed at work?
Should I mention how there were no minimum wages, thus the worker was paid pennies per hour?
Should I mention how there were no laws on child labor, thus elementary aged kids worked eighteen hour days and did not go to school.

Fact is, you wish to take us back to these days. It is barbaric and third world.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#36117 Feb 16, 2013
What's wrong with America? Monied interests have the ear of our lawmakers, to the detriment of average citizens.Of course I'm talking about lobbyists.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36118 Feb 16, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> I'm on board with the fact that things are getting worse, not better.I don't need a bunker for that.Neither do I think either party has any solutions.
It does not sound like you have any solutions.
Voltare

Houston, TX

#36119 Feb 16, 2013
Gail we both need waco, he's a sex machine, but I refuse to let you near him, you have enough on your plate with your terminal acne and rotting teeth.If only he'd talk to me!

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36120 Feb 16, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
What's wrong with America? Monied interests have the ear of our lawmakers, to the detriment of average citizens.Of course I'm talking about lobbyists.
I can agree that is a problem, but what is to be done to fix it?
Having some problems does not mean all it going to hell in a handbasket. Utopia cannot exist.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#36121 Feb 16, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>I can agree that is a problem, but what is to be done to fix it?
Having some problems does not mean all it going to hell in a handbasket. Utopia cannot exist.
look around Mike.We're far from utopia.Something has to be done to give regular Americans a fighting chance against lobbyists with pockets full of cash, and the first thing that needs to be done is the formation of a grass roots effort to limit the access of lobbyists to Congress.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36122 Feb 16, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Which is why Joe sits behind the desk in the first place and is well compensated because when needed, he does come in. The little man bitches and doesn't want to work, then bitches when he can't get overtime! When the little man signs the front of the check, then he can decide when he makes money!
I am sure your last sentence here was said when any and all labor laws were up for a vote.
If we had it your way, kids would still be working eighteen hour days in dangerous conditions for pennies like third world countries.

It sounded to me as if "Joe" was the one bitching about working for no extra pay. If he was so well compensated, why was he bitching?

But the bigger question I see everyone on your team refuses to address is, why does the company not hire when they got the big new contract?

The fact you guys refuse to address this is the smoking gun to the flaws of your philosophy.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36123 Feb 16, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> look around Mike.We're far from utopia.Something has to be done to give regular Americans a fighting chance against lobbyists with pockets full of cash, and the first thing that needs to be done is the formation of a grass roots effort to limit the access of lobbyists to Congress.
I am sure many grass roots endeavors are trying to do this. You could start one or help one yourself if you think this is such a big problem. So why have you not done so?

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36124 Feb 16, 2013
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not 150 it is a total of 185,000 added to costs over the past 6 years. Nice try on the con-job obviously you don’t run a business. You can plow your 150 smoke up your communist minded DA.
So this company is clearly large, yet they are going to fire three people over 150 bucks a week? You are only making your case look weaker.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#36125 Feb 16, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>I am sure many grass roots endeavors are trying to do this. You could start one or help one yourself if you think this is such a big problem. So why have you not done so?
I'm checking several leads.Before I give money and time, its wise to make sure its legit.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36126 Feb 16, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
TSF, good example. The owner of the company I'm referring to is good to his employees. He gives good raises and pays a good hourly salary and it's like it's not enough. They have a benefits package to die for and I just can't understand what is enough for people, especially in our present economy. My mom and dad always told me a "job is not a right, it's a privilege" and I believe that's a good motto.
Can you explain why the company did not hire new people due to the new big contract?Why did they just make your friend do all the new work with no extra pay? Who is pocketing the extra cash?
waco1909

Germany

#36127 Feb 16, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Gail we both need emlu, she's a fat ass sex machine, but I refuse to let you near her, you have enough on your plate with your terminal acne and rotting teeth.If only she'd talk to me!
emlu, it wasn't me going around telling everyone you have 20 moons revolving around you. I know for a fact you have 43 moons revolving around your fat ass and astronomers are discovering new moons all the time. Got to go,Jupiter,I've got someone who wants to get into my blackhole.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#36128 Feb 16, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>As I said to Bacon, I would not jump to the conclusion you did about the supervisor. But I did just take note you showed how he "had" to do the work. As I pointed out, the business made him do the work instead of hiring.
The argument the republicans keep making is, leave the businesses alone and they will hire. Yet this example shows they will not on all so many occasions.
This example shows me the business is making money and growing, yet will not hire new people. They just work the salaried employees more so they do not have to hire more people.
What you fail to see is that he, as TSF put it in his example, was asked/told and willing to work. Instead of hiring new people for a new contract that depends on our government and well we know how that goes, he offered to give the extra work to those already working. Would if have been wiser to have hired new workers, making what those already there are and cut out extra money for those that were willing and wanted to work overtime or would it have been more prudent to make sure the government contract indeed stayed intact instead of maybe having to lay off new workers? I believe you will agree that when you deal with the government and the way they play willy nilly with contracts and the such, it's better to be safe than sorry.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36129 Feb 16, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Govt, unions, what's the difference? They both hurt buisnesses! Why does the little man need representation? Because he lacks self responsibility!
Of course the poor spends faster than the rich, that's why they're poor!
Yes, it does help our economy because those foreign investors usually reinvest that money back into the original company to make more money or they invest in a different American company.
Again, a min wage increase in a good economy isn't a bad thing but in a bad economy it cuts jobs. An average of 6000 new jobs per state, per year, for the last four years, isn't considered a good economy by any economist.
Key word "usually". The poor spend their money always, because they are in need of goods. This is not about luxury goods, this is about essential goods.

The little man needs representation because he is of little power on his own. Power comes in groups and with money. The business has the money, thus power. The little man thus needs help from the group. In this case, one group is our government.

You show no demonstration of how helping someone is proof of no personal responsibility. It is a perposterous claim IMO.

BTW, you act as if the rich all have personal responsibility. Seems you are out of touch with the reality. Many spend well beyond their means.
Many of them do not even earn their money. And many of these people are not putting a lot of it back into the economy.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#36130 Feb 16, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Can you explain why the company did not hire new people due to the new big contract?Why did they just make your friend do all the new work with no extra pay? Who is pocketing the extra cash?
Have you ever heard of comp time? Most salaried people don't make time and a half, they're given comp time i.e. extra days off with pay. I was a salaried worker, made good money and was always satisfied with comp time. Who doesn't like extra days off with pay?
waco1909

Germany

#36131 Feb 16, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Mike I worked from the age of fifteen.I had no choice.I don't see how my situation was the fault of the government.I was expelled for fighting, for putting some school bully in the hospital.That was my fault.
Hey Mike,the school bully I put in the hospital thought she was a real tough kid.I showed her.I took my pom poms and beat that first grade little bitch to a pulp.She got the jump on me after she got out of the hospital by sucker punching my gonad.
Voltare

Houston, TX

#36132 Feb 16, 2013
Ignore waco Gail.he thinks he's better than us, just because he doesn't have intimate relations with dogs, like we do.waco is a punk, doesn't he know that dogs need love too?

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36133 Feb 16, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>And I bet their parents interest rates are a lot lower than what the bank would charge, smart business decision on their part!
Owners don't keep anyone in poverty, it's the lack of self responsibility that leads to poor decisions that keep people in poverty!
Living wage? I thought we were debating the minimum wage? You do know there's a difference, right?
We're not a third world country for a number of reasons. For one, we have a capitalist system where the free markets decide ones earnings. You act as if employers just roll the dice to determine ones wages! Two, the poor in this country live like kings as opposed to the poor in third world countries!.....free money, free food, free housing, free transportauon, etc....!
Yes, we are a rich nation, rich enough to take of the poor to a point to where most live off of the ones who do earn a living. The poor also has the Commucrats empathy, empathy they use to exploit the poor's situations in order to obtain their votes!
“A democracy is always temporary in nature;
it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government.
A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover
that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury.
From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates
who promise the most benefits from the public treasury,
with the result that every democracy will finally collapse
due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship”
- Alexander Tytler 1787
I am sure the parents giving the money is costing the rich kid less. I guess you missed the Mitt Romney solution.
Risking your parents money is not really such a risk of a personal nature.

Many third world countries are of a capitalist nature.
America has resources that some countries do not have.
We can see from our own past history, without labor laws, our citizens will be like those of third world nations. Working eighteen hour days in bad conditions for extremely little pay.
Are you in denial of our history?
Do you dispute that before the government stepped in to defend the worker that businesses treated the worker in barbaric ways?
Do you dispute this was bad for the overall economy?

I see you think democracy is bad. Oh well, then go to some dictatorship and live.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36134 Feb 16, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever heard of comp time? Most salaried people don't make time and a half, they're given comp time i.e. extra days off with pay. I was a salaried worker, made good money and was always satisfied with comp time. Who doesn't like extra days off with pay?
Then why is your friend bitching? By your reasoning, he should just do the work and shut the hell up.

I see you are still not answering the million dollar question. Why would the business not just hire upon getting a big new contract?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Todd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The old Golden Corral Building? Mon JoJo 1
Police: Appalachian State student found dead Nov 20 Joe 1
Mallatere pleads not guilty to charges (Jan '14) Nov 20 John 18
Boone teen accused of sexual exploitation of a ... Nov 19 Joe 1
new IHOP in boone Nov 19 john 4
narc (May '11) Nov 18 Shell 48
Durham Murders (Aug '10) Nov 18 psychic19 38

Winter Storm Warning for Ashe County was issued at November 25 at 11:06PM EST

Todd Dating
Find my Match