|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Darn there goes a chance wrote:
Boone, one day will be looked at as the beautiful mountain town with so many possibilities wasted due to a ignorant selfish Council and authority hungry staff. Everyone really needs to pay attention to what is going on there. The Ashe county water thing is pretty bad but the way Boone treats tax payers IN BOONE is even crazier.
Oh and Stan, if you believe the current Council represents any of what i was a democrate for i would love to know which part of taking a historic farm from some innocent farmers to make a power grab of all the water in the area. Or is it the Councils selfish, me me attitude is what makes you think the Council is a bunch of democrates. Or maybe the fact that they couldnt care less about in issue unless it looked good or it affected them personally someway? Which one there Stan? Your no more a democrate than i am hung like an elephant, although i often claim to be..........
I see we have another whiner who refuses to accept progress. If you don't like Boone move and be happy. We are not going to change. There are enough students voting to ensure we will win instead of the fascists.
BAD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

There is clearly a problem here folks. I would like to see something from Boone in response to this. Is the Council aware there are such large numbers of people unhappy with the actions they have taken on most issues? This very well may be one situation where the students just vote politics and have no idea of how the thier vote affects the majority of everyone else and in this particular situation i can see how the Council continues to get reaffirmed by winning reelection while the majority of people that have to live these ridiculas rules are unhappy. Is there any use in making an effort to get the students to truely know some of these issues and try to educate them as to why just voting politics is very bad?
2 Sense Worth

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

There is a Town Council meeting tonight at the Planning & Inspections / Police Dept building on Blowing Rock Road beside the Post Office. If you are a citizen of the Town of Boone, and you are wondering what all the fuss is about, just go watch your ELECTED Council members in (non) action. It's quite comical! Are you a council member "Stan?" You sure sound like one of them.
Stan

Sparta, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

2 Sense Worth wrote:
There is a Town Council meeting tonight at the Planning & Inspections / Police Dept building on Blowing Rock Road beside the Post Office. If you are a citizen of the Town of Boone, and you are wondering what all the fuss is about, just go watch your ELECTED Council members in (non) action. It's quite comical! Are you a council member "Stan?" You sure sound like one of them.
Comical? You are seeing good government at work.
Hey

Zionville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Hey why is there a council meeting tonight i just saw your post and according to the towns website the meeting shouldn't be till next week? I was actually going to go.
Boone Worker

Greenville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

I will say that i am actually ashamed to work for the Town. I just about to the point of lieing when someone asks where i work because when i say the Town lately all i get is someone ranting and raving about what a bunch of asses they have become. I would like everyone to know that the problem is not with all the employees it is mainly with just a few and a few departments. I personnally think it is aweful what they are doing. I really wish our Council would pay a little more attention to what is going on and get a handle on this soon before i do have to lie when someone asks where i work.

Please people respect the workers that are not involved in this mess and dont blame us we are just trying to feed our family's. Most of us agree that some at the Town should go and there should be a cleaning of the house from the top down of the ones that are causing most of the problems and complaints from the tax payers.

If the Council truely cared about the Town and the problems they should take a list of the last 100 people who have had any permits pulled and/the last 100 people who have done any type of other business with the town and split up and call each one and ask them what their opinions are of how Boone handled things.
2 Sense Worth

Sanford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Stan wrote:
<quoted text>
Comical? You are seeing good government at work.
You obviously didn't make it to the meeting.
2 Sense Worth

Sanford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Hey wrote:
Hey why is there a council meeting tonight i just saw your post and according to the towns website the meeting shouldn't be till next week? I was actually going to go.
I think the council meetings are every 3rd Thursday of each month but there was definitely a meeting last night.
joker

Greenville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

The Town council has really just become a bunch of self serving, unconcerned, asses. We really should start now and someone needs to work the campus to educate these kids as to what they are electing. I feel for sure if they knew what was going on in this town they would never vote the way they do. More efforts should be focused on ASU because as unfortunate as it is they are the ones who are going to pick all our leaders in the town. I feel for sure that we as the people who will ultimately be living under the leaders they pick we need to do our part to bring the information out to them to at least try for something different.
Dusty old ass

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

This place is screwed ,glued and tatooed.
had it

Zionville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

is it just me or is there something going on in Boone like never before? For the first time in my life it seems to me the tides may be turning on those idiots and finally the people are starting to realize what is going on. The Council is nothing but a bunch of self serving greedy politicians who are only looking out for what is good for them and not the people they were elected to serve.
Idea

Oak Ridge, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

The town has really become a monster that i no longer like, respect, or even want to live in any longer. So i have decided to put my house up for sale and the few phone calls i have gotten have all asked if it was in the city limits or ETJ when i said it was they have all said, "oh, they were looking for something that was not in the city or ETJ".

So i may be stuck here a while and if i were lucky enough to find a buyer i am only going to move outside the reach of the city so i will still have a vested interest in changing Boone. Why dont someone with more tech knowledge then me start an online page to see if we can get change or at least make others aware? I would put some money towards it i just dont have the skills! It is really sad what is happening to my once great town!
I agree

Wadesboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

I agree with most everything that has been said here with the exception of anything Stan has said. So are we gonna do something to change it or just lay back and take it?
Butt head

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Stan = Bill Bailey. That makes me laugh because its very true.
Blow hole

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Stan could be any of the thousands of democrats running this town.You don't have to be an elected moron,there is the good ole boy network and all the local businesses that coordinate together to keep anyone who doesn't go along with communism out.
jackass

Zionville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Bill Bailey is the problem just the new educator in this area we need to get the asses out of here and return Boone to what made it Boone people!
Stan

Sparta, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

jackass wrote:
Bill Bailey is the problem just the new educator in this area we need to get the asses out of here and return Boone to what made it Boone people!
No, there are two problems.
One, the town council will not take progressive action like the passing of a city income tax to fully fund the policies and enforcement mechanisms needed in Boone.
Second, all the people whining about needed action need to shut up and try to make Boone a better place to live.
Disappointed

Sugar Grove, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Tell me this is not so.
Stan is not Bill Bailey.
I really did like him!
Seem like a real person.
Not like all the rest.
Hey Hey Hey

Greenville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Wow! looks like Boone is getting it from several places with the County looking to cut sales tax dollars, and the state also taking some money, and the recent accident they had. Oh and you cant forget the million dollars they wasted trying to get water from Ashe County. This town is getting ready to see why you cant do like they have done and get by with it for very long!

Just wait its only going to get worse!
Here is an idea

Candler, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Are there not conservative democrats? Or liberal republicans? How about we stop grouping people as donkeys or elephants and actually stop and look at them for what they are? A person with an idea?
Once you start paying attention to people as an idea and not just what party they support, things might start running better.
You might find a 'commie, poor people supporting' democrat more supports what you 'thought' were your 'conservative' ideas... or you democrats might find that this republican, who you grouped as a women-hating, gay-hating gun scared pussy actually has a good idea.

Stop voting blindly. It's like this guy who asked me if I was voting,' I said well, no, I've not read into the candidates. Instantly he goes on a speech of how republicans are horrible and as a women I should never vote for them... I don't know, maybe on the long term scale of things, maybe if everything else in the world was going better, I would actually be able to more easily afford the birth control I already pay for.

It's called priorities... right now there are more important issues I see then... um, my uterus and the right to free birth control or access to abortion... or for you republicans? Um, the right to own a pistol. A pistol is not going to get us out of poverty. Government assistance is only going to put the government more in debt... and... I'm still in poverty.

Did you know most ASU students after getting degrees find jobs elsewhere? Maybe we should concentrate more on the people who stay here long term... and you know, provide long term support to our economy. Not students working just to pay off even more debt they owe.

Prioties people! Stop bickering about the silly stuff. If another democrat mentions birth control or another republican mentions 'abortion and gun control'. I'm gonna' find a pistol and pistol whip them both.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Todd Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Todd Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Todd People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE