Zionville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Is it just me or is Boone going down the shitter at lightning fast speeds! The current council seem to be a little retarded and the folks down at the planning department are the worst ever! Seems like they hassle the honest folks and champion in the ones they should be stopping!
Bob

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Wilma wrote:
Is it just me or is Boone going down the shitter at lightning fast speeds! The current council seem to be a little retarded and the folks down at the planning department are the worst ever! Seems like they hassle the honest folks and champion in the ones they should be stopping!
Boone has been going down the shitter for years. It's all about the college, which sucks for the majority of the residents.
Big john

Zionville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Good lord all you have to do is look at the meeting minutes and see the section of action during closed part. It is becoming longer than e open meeting part just how much legal advice are they needing in closed? How many suits has this town have against them? It seems the problems are coming from planniing and inspectons?
In the Know

Travelers Rest, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

The Head of Planning and inspections is the problem he is a jerk!
Boonie

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Boone is such a wonderful, beautiful place. However, if we don't get the tune heads off the Town Council, and get someone in there that knows a little something about the way the government should be run, we will go down before the rest of the country does! By the way, wouldn't anyone else love to know how much The Town of Boone pays in legal fees, consulting fees, and all other "money for nothing to hold" fees?
Joker

Zionville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Why would a town with such great legal counsel get involved with so many legal problems? Something is very wrong with that bunch!
Phd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

From what i hear the problem is mostly Bill Bailey!
Boone voter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

If something isnt done i may have to vote repub.
Teach

Mocksville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

It really is sad that the dolts running this town dont get it that there is a fine line between regulations and crazy! We crossed crazy a few years ago! Just sad now!
The bozz

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

Smart growth does not mean we need every aspect of our lives regulated you dummies. Wake up and do you job town council
The bozz

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

Phd wrote:
From what i hear the problem is mostly Bill Bailey!
I talked to a coworker and he says this guy is an ass and is at heart of most of the towns problems
Snuggy

Jefferson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Dipsticks with kickstands
Calvin

Travelers Rest, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

Has it ever occured to anyone what would motivate our state lawmakers to try to pass laws targeting just Boone or why Ashe County would try to stop Boone from getting water? Well think about it for a while and look through some of the minutes of the town council meetings or at least some of the parts that are not in closed session and it is pretty clear to me!
Jeff

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Why on earth would Ashe County want water taken away from them? Let's see how quickly Boone objects when another county wants to tap into the Watauga River.
brian

Banner Elk, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

Judged:

this is the kind of thing you get when you vote for someone according to there political party instead of voting for the person best suited for the jobs
My 2 pennies

Zionville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

Judged:

When attempt to hold onto something too tight it will almost always get away!
John

Banner Elk, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Boonie wrote:
Boone is such a wonderful, beautiful place. However, if we don't get the tune heads off the Town Council, and get someone in there that knows a little something about the way the government should be run, we will go down before the rest of the country does! By the way, wouldn't anyone else love to know how much The Town of Boone pays in legal fees, consulting fees, and all other "money for nothing to hold" fees?
If you want to know how much they are paying in legal fees, just ask. It's public record.
Trust no one

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Judged:

I recently read an article in the watauga paper saying thay had spent $132,000 fighting templeton! Also heard they paid a lobbiest $250,000 also! Tell me something is not a little crazy going on!
Life long dem

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Judged:

I in the past, like many others have been guilty of blindly voting in a dem in the town but the one thing i am sorry about is we have regulated out any hope a small businees might have inthis town. The very reason i am a dem is to help the little guy and unfortunately all have done is ruin the little guy. I will vote republican locally next time.
Stan

Lansing, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Judged:

No one should even consider voting Republican! Voters should support local Democrats as they are of the same party as President Obama.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of142
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Todd Discussions

Search the Todd Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 3 min waco1909 55,639
need items 4 resale (May '13) 2 hr Too old t 3
Thinking about moving to Boone (Jan '11) 3 hr Too old t 45
Strange noise at about 4 am Monday morning (Jan '12) 4 hr Too old t 17
Why did Gary Knight (formally again of Mac a Br... Mon Whats wrong 3
Jason Cornett for Board of Education? Mon Jerry 4
daniel Sun AyE 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Todd Jobs

•••