Ski season Question???

Posted in the Todd Forum

Slack App Ski Mtn

Boone, NC

#1 Nov 28, 2012
Help me figure this out.... High Country Blizzard late October - Sugar opens... One month later and App Ski Mtn. hasn't opened yet. You've had the cold weather and time to get open but 4+weeks later and slack App is still giving excuses.... Next week..... This weekend...... And so forth.... I think they've lost it. A month wasted if your a ski pass holder.... And your still not open..... Shall I say it again? I think they are just geared for the Southern tourist with deep pockets and screw the dedicated local who' have been ready and waiting. App has definately taken the Beech Mt. reputation for opening.... Over rated Slack App takes the Loser Award!!!
Funker

United States

#2 Nov 28, 2012
[QUOTE .... Over rated Slack App takes the Loser Award!!![/QUOTE]
If you're a devout skier, why would you go there anyway? It's mainly for beginners and ASU students. Sugar is open.
Lame app mtn

Lenoir, NC

#4 Nov 30, 2012
I'm with funker here. If you've waited and waited to ski...
App. Mtn??? Really??

I love Sugars terrain but Beech has the best lifts, which on busy days, makes a huge difference.

OP is right about one thing tho...App. is super lame.
ASU FAn

Salisbury, NC

#6 Dec 2, 2012
Donavan you don't have to buy tickets, Suger rules mostly but their prices are high
Baba Booey

Boone, NC

#7 Dec 3, 2012
App sets an opening date and never attempts to get open before that. They tell their employees what the opening date is going to be. It would be hard to try opening before that when your employees are set to start at a later date. They also try opening with good conditions. Have you seen what Sugar looked like most of the time they've been open? Hardly with paying what Gunther is charging. Stop complaining and go to Sugar if that's what you want.
Baba Booey

Boone, NC

#9 Dec 4, 2012
Sugar is great....for learning how to speak Spanish.
Thumper

Sparta, NC

#10 Dec 4, 2012
But who wants to ski on slush in December? App needs a thicker base to get open and stay open due to its elevation. It does suck for season ticket holders tho.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Todd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gyms in Boone (Jun '12) 19 hr Tina 16
vote Sat Kerry 1
Event Venue May 19 cruzinitup14 1
Review: Hedrick Kepley Attorneys May 19 gordon 173
Durham Murders (Aug '10) May 15 Ttt 41
Dependa May 12 Mick 1
drug dealers in boone (Mar '11) May 11 liz 135
More from around the web

Todd People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE