Watauga County Road Conditions and Weather Updates

Posted in the Todd Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Joseph

Fleetwood, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jul 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Who cares I know Kenneth or KR personaly and he is a stand up guy. He is also the same KR that is on my country 106.1
Joe Blow

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 11, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

I'm sure that he is a good guy. I think it's a little screwed up how he sponsors himself, and then gives his other business a shout out. And most of the stuff he posts is junk. Only about 10% of it is actually anything of interest.
Joseph

Fleetwood, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 12, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Well it is pretty simple really if you don't like his page then don't go there. Something tells me you are one of those people that have to have something or someone to complain about. Didn't your mom and dad ever teach you if you don't have anything good to say don't to say anything at all?

As I said before who cares and what does it matter if he likes him self on his own page. Remenber no one is making you go look at his web pages.
Joe Blow

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Well, the thing is, I get his tweets on my phone. 90% of what he sends out is junk. The other 10% is good stuff, like traffic backups, or accidents. The 10% is why I still use his service. It's the other 90% that he needs to work on.
Joseph

Fleetwood, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Did you ever stop to think that just because you think 90% of what he sends out is junk that other people find it useful or interesting? Have you tried to contact him and let him know how you feel instead of putting him down on this site?
Joe Blow

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Actually, I have sent him a message. He said something about the Twitter account and Facebook account being linked, hence the duplicate messages. But that doesn't explain why he has to give his own business a shout out. It's road conditions and weather updates, not everything going on in the county, and sometimes the country. There's news, and then there's this page. And no, I don't need tomorrow's forecast at 12:30 AM.
Joseph

Fleetwood, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 13, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Like I said before if you dislike it so much no one it making you use it
Andrew J

Banner Elk, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Joe Blow wrote:
Actually, I have sent him a message. He said something about the Twitter account and Facebook account being linked, hence the duplicate messages. But that doesn't explain why he has to give his own business a shout out. It's road conditions and weather updates, not everything going on in the county, and sometimes the country. There's news, and then there's this page. And no, I don't need tomorrow's forecast at 12:30 AM.
It's his site. He can use it however he sees fit. Do you own a competing business? Sounds like sour grapes to me.
Obama08

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Nov 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

For what we know. Joseph and Joe Blow could be KR talking to himself about himself increasing the effectiveness of his shout out to himself. He is very sneaky and we will never know.
Casey

Casar, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Nov 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

If you don't want to receive his tweets on your phone, then don't follow him. Wouldn't that make more sense then complaining? But Joseph is probably right, you're one of those people that have to have something or someone to complain about.
Karisa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Nov 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Hey Joe, I know something you can blow.

Kenneth is wonderful . He should like his own page , he should like and be proud of everything he does. Besides being a single dad , he runs his own company, and still makes time to comment and or post about things related to the community and the community responds,that's why his site is so popular and he continues to post . If all you want is traffic updates then listen to a local radio station , I think its immature and distasteful to call an individual out on the web , over something so ridiculous. He is a good man who juggles a lot and he should be praised . What do you do Joe?
Joe Crisp

Jefferson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Nov 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Well, I've know Kenneth about 10 years or more and the reason he does that kind of thing is, he's a take charge kind of guy who takes pride in everything he does, and he's a personal friend of mine, not to mention we played together in Broadstone for almost 4 years, like everyone else said "Joe Blow" if you don't like it, get over it, stop commenting about it, and in the words of Mad Max, quit ruining our lives......Seacrest out!
Joe Blow

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Nov 28, 2012
 
Aww, looks like little Kenneth got butt hurt and had to go cry to everybody.
Bob

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Nov 28, 2012
 
Kenny either needs to drop his tweeting service or drop his trucking biz. He's failing at one. It's about impossible to get a hold of the guy for some gravel. My buddy said he's been waiting for months for a load of dirt. I mean, it's cool to run two businesses, even though I don't consider Watauga Roads a business. Does he even make money off of it? He could have an easy 150 bucks if he'd just get off social media long enough to deliver some gravel.
KREESE

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Nov 29, 2012
 
I'll get you that graver
Jeff

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Dec 21, 2012
 
Oh yeah! We got some flurries! Now I can get a play by play of every snow flake that falls in the county!
Mountain Woman

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Dec 21, 2012
 
KR does a great job keeping Watauga County informed and also shares info with surrounding road conditions and weather pages. As difficult as it is for small businesses to keep going, if he chooses to promote his business on the weather page (which he does as a public service) that's fine. Before these pages were started on FB, you were pretty much on your own when you got in the car and headed down the road in bad weather. Now, neighbors help keep neighbors safe. As one of the other users said, if you don't like the info, don't subscribe to it.

I don't even know KR personally, but I know what he does is important to many area residents, even the trolls which lurk under bridges.
Jeff

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Dec 22, 2012
 
He shares "no sh!t" information. Like, "The roads are covered in snow. Be careful driving" No sh!t the roads are covered in snow! And yes, whenever the roads are covered in snow, I make it a point NOT to be careful. "It's really windy out." NO SH!T! I do have two eyes!
Joseph

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Feb 12, 2013
 
Thank god Ray joined twitter. No more retarded posts in my twitter feed!
Concerned

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Feb 12, 2013
 
I am thankful for "Watauga County Road Conditions and Weather" because it provided me with information as to the conditions of the roads and warnings about fog. I drove for three years from Lenoir to Boone to work. Without this information I would have had no accurate information about the road and weather conditions. The weather can be fine in Lenoir and terrible the further you travel up the mountain.
I depended on that site and even though I presently do not travel to Boone on a daily basis, I still read this information everyday. Other people make this drive everyday and are greatful to have this information.
Keep up the good work Kenneth! We appreciate what you do!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Todd Discussions

Search the Todd Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 10 min State of Florida 49,534
Springer to run for district attorney (Aug '13) 4 hr 23 years an attorney 16
baymont inn 10 hr hey yall 1
Justin Woodring (Mar '11) Sat lisa 29
Humane Society (Oct '12) Fri Bill 13
WaterPark (Jan '13) Fri Inquiring Mind 9
Tickets to Merlefest Fri boonemom 7
•••
•••
•••
Todd Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Todd Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Todd People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••