West Jefferson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Which is the worst grocery store-market in Watauga County?
The worst food

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

The Food lion beside walmart is by far the nastiest i have went inside. The two best are Earthfare and Harris teeter ,both of those are very clean and well maintained. The Ingles, food lion on 421 and lowes are all pretty good as well.
dafuq

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

who the eff asks that question??
brian

Banner Elk, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

the food lion near walmart always smells like vomit
goofier

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

dafuq wrote:
This is called topix. Asking about grocery stores is a topic of conversation.
jerry

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

dafuq wrote:
district managers trying to feel good about themselves
Boone Mom

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

I have always shopped at lowes but they are currently remodeling and have brought in the rudest management team I have ever seen. My last few experiences have been less than pleasing. I love their produce section but customer service has gone down the drain lately. many more bad shopping trips and I will be looking for somewhere else to spend my money.
turtle

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

I have to agree on Lowes...also their buggies have been so nasty as of late...exsp the ones used for infants!
nasty

Elk Park, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

Lowes is pretty filthy as of late and the people working there are total azzes as you all have said, super super rude. The Ingles on 105s workers are so much nicer than most places, The fellow that looks like david carradine is probably the nicest store workers i have ever met though i cant remember his name.
jo_lynn

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

Judged:

bare essentials. they dont even sell ciggarettes. KNOW YOUR MARKET PEOPLE
Not Shocked

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Judged:

So jo_lynn, you're complaining that Bare Essentials doesn't sell cigarettes? You sound like the yokels who buy their kids a Pepsi for breakfast along with a bag of cracklin' You and Walmart are a match made in heaven.
Vicki

Zionville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

Judged:

Jim wrote:
Which is the worst grocery store-market in Watauga County?
Without a doubt the Lowes Foods Store in New Market Center. They are in the process of a re-model, but as Sarah Palin once said "you can put lip stick on a pig, but you still have a pig". This use to be a very good store to shop back when Robert Edmisten and Reed Brown were there. They were always out working and talking to the Customers because both born and raised in Watauga County and know everyone. Not sure where these folks are from that are there now, but no personality if you ever see them, and the employees attitudes are bad. The store always looks bad and you can't find what you need most of the time. I switched to Harris-Teeter and so have a lot of people that use to shop Lowes.
Blowing Rock Mom

Zionville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

I would have to agree that Lowes Foods is pretty bad. It was the place where I always shopped and now I can never find what I went in there for and the Organics is almost non existent. I will pay the higher prices at HT and Earth Fare to get what I want. Employees were not friendly or polite and I left feeling unappreciated.
goofier

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

nasty wrote:
Lowes is pretty filthy as of late and the people working there are total azzes as you all have said, super super rude. The Ingles on 105s workers are so much nicer than most places, The fellow that looks like david carradine is probably the nicest store workers i have ever met though i cant remember his name.
His name is Danny. A wonerful person.
Boone Concerned Citizen

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

I like the selection of cucumbers at Lowes Foods. They seem to be much longer and thicker, which suits my particular needs. ;)
bob

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

I used to shop at Food Lion because the prices are a bit lower, but I found that the management and employees are not friendly or helpful.

I got annoyed by the way they would close and lock one of the entrances after 10PM. I would always park and have to walk around to the other door when the first one was locked. The final straw for me came when I asked the night manager if they could put a sign up on the door, so that customers could see which door to park near. I mentioned it at least 3 times and no one ever acted on it. Now I shop at Walmart and Harris Teeter.
Steve

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

God forbid you have to walk.what you weigh 300 pounds?
Teresa

Zionville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

I am a local Native of Watauga County and for all of us born here you can relate to me. If you look at Business' here in the County we can all identify names and faces that we know and supported through the years. The late Mack Brown, Norman Cheek and Bill Winkler of Chevrolet,Toyota, and Ford dealers. John Stacy of Boone Drug, Sterling Carroll of Carroll Leather, Russell Swift of A&P, Harvey Trivette and Ronnie Hayes Winn-Dixie, Don Hunt, David Michaels of HT, Robby Edmisten and Reed Brown of Lowes, Larry Tester of Food Lion, Duane Oliver with Lowes Home,the late Carrol Garland and Charlie Wallace at BB&T, Mike and Mary Hall of Bandanas, Murrey Broome with Peddler. All of the folks are names and faces of their Business and for those of that know these people made their place's of Business what they are and a pleasure to patronize. It's really all about the people that makes the difference.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Todd Discussions

Search the Todd Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 45 min waco1909 54,905
Boone Fire 21 hr Dave 1
Ridiculous Hourly Rates Fri anon 11
Boone and the ETJ Thu Ann 18
Brit Springer for D.A. Jul 9 curious 91
Virginia Foxes grandson Jul 9 DemoDan 4
mr original gyros closed Jul 9 concerned citizen 7
•••
•••
•••
•••

Todd Jobs

•••