WNC economy painfully slow

There are 3 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from May 7, 2008, titled WNC economy painfully slow. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Index finds activity in March down 0.2% by Mark Barrett * mbarrett@ashevill.gannett.com * published May 8, 2008 12:15 am Comments on Topix forums : BOONE Economic activity in 25 mountain and foothills counties ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

Homer Simpson

United States

#1 May 8, 2008
We need more illegal Mexicans and fat old retired people to move here.Then we will all make bags of money.
j a m e s i n g l e

Casar, NC

#2 May 8, 2008
i knew we were in a recession at the end of o5. I could tell it the way gas prices were rising the consumer having to pay ridicouls taxes.The rich man does not feel recision cause he uses plastic money instead of real money like the normal people do.In short some people need to learn that you cant eat steak on hamburger salary.
Truckin

Greensboro, NC

#3 May 8, 2008
Tourism will spike activity in the area.....

Also, taxes for this region are incredibly low compared to other places in the U.S.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Todd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Been on your own since 17 22 hr Matt 1
Local Politics Do you approve of Judy Porter Poe as Commissioner? May 3 Nancy 1
Review: Hedrick Kepley Attorneys May 3 ronson 007 154
does anyone know katie eckard n madison eckard? (Nov '13) May 1 Cameron 2
Why is it so hard to be a white man? (Feb '14) Apr 30 Man 11
Target in Boone (Jun '13) Apr 30 An opinion 25
Has Anybody hired Vaughn Investigations (Dec '08) Apr 28 Ice Cold 44
More from around the web

Todd People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE