Drug Tests for the Unemployed?

Drug Tests for the Unemployed?

There are 1 comment on the WXIA-TV Atlanta story from Mar 16, 2010, titled Drug Tests for the Unemployed?. In it, WXIA-TV Atlanta reports that:

A bill that would require random drug tests for Georgians receiving unemployment benefits or any other state aid such as food stamps is causing a lot of talk at the State Capitol.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA-TV Atlanta.

Nobody

Commerce, GA

#1 Mar 21, 2010
I say legalize drugs period that's my vote, the jails and prisons are over crowded by non violent addicts, or E.D. Addicts. That leaves no room for serious criminals, and the tax payers suffer. The same thought put into that should be put into the homeless, jobless, and foodless* account. I'm not encouraging drug use or abuse, what I am saying is that most of America has more than one problem and if the pot is stirred *no pun intended*, it will create multiple problems, maybe the values of our entire constitution will fall right beside the huge tax increase it would take to either put all of the people needing food or money *to supply them with necessities to live*, through a drug rehabilitation or to bury them for starving to death, or dieing from other circumstantial conditions. Then people still say well if they had money to get drugs they had money to get food or shelter.. Not always true! Most addicts rely on either other co-dependents, addicts, or enablers to help gather up money, or they steal, and have to resort to any means possible. Addiction is a serious problem I agree!, but !!No i don't think Americans should have to starve or be forced into 3rd world poverty status due to that fact!!!! This is conflicting to me, I understand nobody wants to have people sitting around collecting a check from being unemployed just to have them buy drugs with their money, but at the same time we forget what drugs really are, not just narcotics or the drugs screened for... why not, alcohol, tobacco, caffeine, prescription pills, laxatives even, the list of addictive substances goes on. What I want to make clear is that if there is an embargo placed on programs meant to help people in time of need; due to an addiction or a recreational use of drugs, then what program will be placed to help these people after that? Another issue i have with this is the shifted burdens, why would we think that If we take one problem and add another problem and then add one more problem to it just because the first 2 problems weren't bad enough that it wouldn't provoke some sort of cataclysm on mainstream society as well as indigent society, Yes I meant that as separate because what were doing if this happens is putting a bigger wall to divide us all, its almost as if they are trying to take natural selection to a new extreme..*This Is my opinion*

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toccoa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shepards Hill Farm (Jan '11) Mar '16 Bpot 6
Terry Wellham: SCAM ARTIST! (Nov '15) Feb '16 scammed 4
News More deep cuts, school closure to be considered... Jan '16 aviebaby6282 1
Conman Terry Wellham is at it again! (Sep '15) Dec '15 molested boyfromc... 4
News Deputies Investigate Dispute Involving Police C... (Oct '15) Oct '15 tattletail 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Toccoa, GA (Jan '12) Jul '15 ReckIess Abandon 23
help me find someone (May '15) May '15 Jen 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Toccoa Mortgages