Palmerton woman to face court on DUI,...

Palmerton woman to face court on DUI, crash charges

There are 11 comments on the The Morning Call story from May 12, 2006, titled Palmerton woman to face court on DUI, crash charges. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

A Palmerton woman who police say was drunk and high on cocaine when she rolled a car on Route 443 in Lehighton on March 12, injuring herself and three passengers, has waived a preliminary hearing and was ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

TO BoB Layo

Blandon, PA

#1 May 13, 2006
I just want you to know that if you are going to write a story you should make sure the facts are correct before you print the story. Hasn't she been through enough, why don't you write a story about somebody else maybe somebody who killed somebody or did something worse then drove drunk. Everybody should be happy that everyone in the car is ok and they are moving on with their lives so you should leave them alone.
TO BoB Layo

Blandon, PA

#2 May 13, 2006
The times news sucks and small town hillbilly drama and have nothing better to do with their lives then reprint the same shit only different wording and add things as you go along I hope the times news gets a lawsuit for slander and defimation of character!
Anomonus

Sussex, NJ

#3 Jun 21, 2006
This is one of the girls that was in the accident. Yes, we have all recovered and are doing fine...I would like for everyone to stop hounding Sandra...We all went out for a night of fun and it didn't end up the way we wanted it too. They're called accidents for a reason...
A Grown up

Lehighton, PA

#4 Jun 30, 2006
Anomonus wrote:
This is one of the girls that was in the accident. Yes, we have all recovered and are doing fine...I would like for everyone to stop hounding Sandra...We all went out for a night of fun and it didn't end up the way we wanted it too. They're called accidents for a reason...
A nite of fun could have killed someone. This is why people like this should be hounded by people like us. We pay for your stupidity.
Anomonus

Hamburg, NJ

#5 Jun 30, 2006
And what you don't think they have to pay for what they did. No one was killed or seriously injured, that we are brain dead...So hound the people that do kill someone! Don't wait outside of court rooms and put cameras in their faces! They don't need that...
A Grown up

Lehighton, PA

#6 Jun 30, 2006
NO WE ALL PAY by higher insurance premiums I don't care what they pay they deserve it.
DROD

Phoenixville, PA

#7 Jul 1, 2006
Simple Terms that Sanduh can understand. Question is was this just a girls night out? Answer: Ingesting an illegal substance, illegal; Possession of cocaine, illegal; Delivery of cocaine ( any one think she was the only one to use it?), illegal; Drinking until legally stupid, I mean drunk, illegal; Operating a motor vehicle under the influence of a controlled substance, illegal; Driving with a BAC over the limit, illegal; Risking the lives of the stupid passengers, unfortunately illegal; Motor vehicle violations, a few and illegal, causing good people to respond to the CRASH to help this idiot, irresponsible; Tasking many people in the legal system to process this incident, irresponsible; Causing the expenditure of tax dollars, irresponsible; Allowing a Defense Attorney to question the Police Investigation and charge our Commonwealth because SanDUH is probably BROKE, Should be a life sentence!!!! Hope the girls had a good time and from all of us, WAY TO GO SANDUH!!!!!!
A Grown Up

Lehighton, PA

#8 Jul 2, 2006
DROD my words exactly only I didnt have time to type it all in the other day.
trauma nurse

San Jose, CA

#9 Sep 28, 2006
Why are cocaine and other illegal drugs allowed to get into the county,be sold and not be addressed as drug- related problems by the state authorities? Were these young women tested for HIV,Hepatitis and other communicable diseases at the time of treatment?Does anyone have an accurate estimate of COST OF CARE following drunk driving as well as potentiality for harm to the caregivers? TRAUMA is NO accident.An accident cannot be prevented.Drunk driving and use of illicit drugs can be prevented , and should carry maximum penalty with permanent removal of driver's license.No insurance company should pay for damages or injury to drunk drivers.This is clearly a public health problem that should be addressed.
Another Tax Payer

Englewood, CO

#10 Oct 19, 2006
That ANYONE can defend an idiot who drives while having a blood alcohol of more than 2 times the legal limit is disappointing. Shame on you. Unfortunately, these people who come to this drunk idiots defense are probably doing the same things themselves (be honest, you know you are). Should we wait to criticize only after someone has been killed, like in the accident on 534 -- where another drunk idiot, Mary Katherine Driesse, smashed her SUV head-on into 16 year old Jason Ammon of Kunkletown? Her BAC was also more than twice the legal limit, and she had 2 prior DUI convictions. What does it take to learn the lesson that drinking and driving kills? It's stupid to do even if you make it home safely, or wreck your car into something like a tree and don't get hurt. Remember, the first thing to go when you drink is your judgement -- so get smart and make a plan to NOT DRIVE - NO MATTER WHAT if you plan to drink. Otherwise, you're just playing Russian Roulette -- and if you're driving on the roads, you risk the lives of everyone else on the road, but we don't have a choice in your stupid game. Sandra was selfish and ignorant -- she deserves anything bad that happens as a result of her obnoxious, coke-fueled alcohol binge. Yes, thank God no one was killed...that time.
Joey

Philadelphia, PA

#11 Sep 16, 2013
Wow. 2 times the limit

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tobyhanna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who was Roger King? (Feb '08) Mar '17 Elaine 40
Getting Healthy Jan '17 staystrong 1
Does anyone know Bill Ritch Jan '17 Brian Jalbert 1
News Write to Know: Does anyone remember Manitou Cot... (Aug '08) Jan '17 Jimmy T 89
News Extreme Commuter: Poconos to NYC (Jul '08) Jan '17 One4themoney 20
News Trail of Trash on I-380 (Apr '16) Jul '16 Graba 2
News Monroe County prison employees arrested on sex ... (Mar '07) Jul '16 Anne Trezegnie 38

Tobyhanna Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tobyhanna Mortgages