Road rage incident spotlights rising ...

Road rage incident spotlights rising temperature of Pocono motorists -

There are 9 comments on the Pocono Record story from Aug 1, 2012, titled Road rage incident spotlights rising temperature of Pocono motorists -. In it, Pocono Record reports that:

You could be having a stressful day or just be in a bad mood. Or you could be in a rush.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pocono Record.

Lee

East Stroudsburg, PA

#1 Aug 2, 2012
The problem with road ragers is that they are arrogant and think they have more rights than anyone else and don't think that what they are doing infringes on other people's rights. It's one thing to beep a horn, short shout, or gesture; but it's another thing to actually confront another driver or become an aggressive driver toward the other person. So what if someone is driving slow, get over it. You don't know why they are doing it and you have probably done the same thing at least once in your life. Maybe the person is having car trouble, maybe they are in an unfamilar area, maybe they are tired/stressed out and want to enjoy thier ride, or maybe they are actually doing the speed limit and you are the problem. You should have left early, if you're in a hurry. Also if you're in a hurry, please do not race down back roads as a short cut. Back roads are meant for slower drivers, who want to take the "scenic route," not for people to use as a race way sliding into trees and ditches.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#2 Aug 2, 2012
The problem with pokey drivers is they are arrogant and think they have more rights than anyone else and don't think what they are doing infringes on other people's rights. It's one thing to slow down or pull over to let traffic flow at or near posted speed limits, it is quite another to drive 20mph below speed limit and flip others off who want to get around you. Also if you are in no hurry please don't poke down back roads as these are meant to be short cuts for those who know how to drive and want to stay off the rookie routes.

“Hmmmmmmmm!”

Since: Sep 09

Wilkes-Barre

#3 Aug 2, 2012
They have posted speed limits. Do at least that, if not pull over. I have Med conditions but have to drive. I will pull over!
rambler

Frisco, NC

#4 Aug 2, 2012
Gringo1 wrote:
They have posted speed limits. Do at least that, if not pull over. I have Med conditions but have to drive. I will pull over!
Kinda like the people who get in the wrong lane at the bottom of Main near KFC. Your only choice is to TAKE A [email protected]! Go up a block and turn around, don't shoot across and cut somebody that knows what they are doing!

Oh, need I mention what kind of plates those folks have?*L*
Hope all's well.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#5 Aug 3, 2012
The only times I do 20 mph under the speed limit is when some nutcase is 2 inches off my back bumper. And they don't know how to go around me even in a passing zone.
rambler

Frisco, NC

#6 Aug 3, 2012
Larry in VT wrote:
The only times I do 20 mph under the speed limit is when some nutcase is 2 inches off my back bumper. And they don't know how to go around me even in a passing zone.
yeah, we used to call that playing turtle. Problem is, in the pokes you might get shot by some gang-banger wannabe....

Location hidden

#7 Aug 3, 2012
rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, we used to call that playing turtle. Problem is, in the pokes you might get shot by some gang-banger wannabe....
That'll stop when they ban guns, right?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#8 Aug 3, 2012
rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda like the people who get in the wrong lane at the bottom of Main near KFC. Your only choice is to TAKE A [email protected]! Go up a block and turn around, don't shoot across and cut somebody that knows what they are doing!
Oh, need I mention what kind of plates those folks have?*L*
Hope all's well.
I'm sure they are just unfamiliar with the road. I would like to see you on the BQE or Belt Parkway trying to find your way as efficiently.

Location hidden

#9 Aug 3, 2012
Thst's what I like about you Slush.

You'll take someone's opinion and argue just for the sake of argument. And when you get backed into a corner you start name calling.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tobyhanna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The old Hop Inn Dec 8 Frank 1
Cab drivers Dec 1 DVM 1
Looking to breed our Yellow Labrador Retriever. (Mar '11) Nov 26 eclipse 3
CuriousGeorge Nov '17 CuriousGeorge 1
News Write to Know: Does anyone remember Manitou Cot... (Aug '08) Nov '17 Alan Ford 91
News Extreme Commuter: Poconos to NYC (Jul '08) Sep '17 Leydi love 21
News Monroe man facing rape charges Aug '17 Talulah 1

Tobyhanna Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tobyhanna Mortgages