Early voting locations in Central Florida

There are 12 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jan 15, 2008, titled Early voting locations in Central Florida. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Here is a list of early voting locations in Central Florida counties: BREVARD COUNTY Early voting is available at each of the five Brevard County elections offices.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Mary M

Orlando, FL

#1 Jan 15, 2008
Why don't we get to have our vote count? Is it true that the DNC is not going to let the Florida democratic primary count? Does that mean we are being disenfranchiesed YET AGAIN from an election? Why are voters being penalized for the stupid mistakes of local party officials or a spat with the DNC?
AJN

Winter Park, FL

#2 Jan 19, 2008
We tried to vote early today, but we were told that all the voting machines in Orange County were down. Unless you had your sample ballot, you were not able to vote. Did anyone else encounter this? I haven't seen it covered on the news.
GWashington2008

Chapel Hill, NC

#3 Jan 21, 2008
WAKE UP REPUBLICANS / CONSERVATIVE / MODERATES!
MITT ROMNEY IS THE BEST CANDIDATE
--He was at the top of his class at Harvard (McCain was in bottom 5 of Naval Academy).
--He is awesome with people (without having to being a joker).
--He is expert at rescuing failing organizations and makes them successful.
--He is awesome at getting things done in organizations (turn around artist)
--He has the best plan for the economy and illegal immigration (unleash economic capital, reduce the burden on older Americans, illegal aliens need to get in line like everybody else).
--He knows how to deal with the big elephant (China).
--He has worked with top business leaders in over 40 countries (foreign experience)
--He has been a chief executive (McCain is an old Washington insider)
--He is not a Bush war monger.
--He is pro-family and pro-life.(Both McCain and Huckabee have flipped AND flopped on taxes, illegal’s, spending, etc. McCain personally filed charges against Right to Life to shut them up near an election).
--He has only had one wife.
--He won the Evangelical vote in Nevada and Michigan.
--He has won the MOST conservative, republican VOTES in all primaries so far.
--He has the MORE DELEGATE VOTES than the others.
--Reagan did NOT win in SC either.
--He will not embarrass us like Clinton did and McCain does.
--He is being ganged up on by both McCain and Huckabee (a moderate pack against one conservative).

WHAT MORE COULD WE WANT?
--PS: Huckabee - Restructuring our tax structure is a side show. Where is the beef?
--PS: Huckabee – BILL CLINTON RETREAD. He has the whole Clinton Kit: slick talker, attacks others religion, raises taxes, thinks constitution should be a living breathing liberal document, from Hope AK, 12 ethical charges filed against him, wants Americans to subsidize illegal aliens college instead of your kids, likes to play a guitar.
--PS: McCain – supports AMNESTY, rejects tax cuts, parties with Hillary and Kennedy and other liberals.
--PS: McCain – WANTS PEOPLE TO SHUT UP TALK RADIO. That is CALLED THE MCCAIN-FEINGOLD LAW. McCain authored and passed the first successful, major shut-up bill in the history of the country. McCain-Feingold was ABRIDGES FREE SPEECH AND TALK RADIO. It limits freedom of expression for citizens and lets George Soros-type billionaires to pool money into anti-conservative defeats using a big loop-hole like 527s.
--PS: McCain – HAS TURNED HIS BACK ON CONSERVATIVES MANY TIMES. Loses his temper, gets mad easily, TAKES PRIDE IN snotty and snide remarks to fellow republicans.
--PS: McCain – SOLD MILITARY INFO TO GET BETTER POW TREATMENT.
Julia

San Diego, CA

#4 Jan 24, 2008
If you are smart and PRO-American; your voting for Mitt Romney! THE BEST CHOICE FOR AN "OVERALL" PRESIDENT.
moderaterep

United States

#5 Jan 24, 2008
As a lifelong Republican, I would encourage central Florida voters to punch their chads next week for Mitt Romney--the only Republican who can beat Hillary in the general election, and the strongest conservative in this race so far. Romney opposes all amnesties for illegal aliens (unlike Amnesty McCain), wants to empower our Border Patrol, would make Bush's tax cuts permanent, opposes abortion except in the case of rape, does not coddle terrorism suspects (unlike Amnesty McCain, who accuses our boys and girls overseas of being "torturers") and would win in Iraq quickly and bring the troops home, and would establish a national disaster fund. No candidate is perfect, but this time around, no major candidate comes closer to Ronald Reagan than Mitt. VOTE ROMNEY, TUESDAY JANUARY 29.
moderaterep

United States

#6 Jan 24, 2008
PS: A vote for Giuliani or Huckabee is throwing your vote away. Yeah, they may be decent candidates (although I do think both, especially Rudy, are kind of liberal), but neither one can win the nomination or beat Hillary/Barack in November. Their poll numbers are dropping by the hour; in the last month, Giuliani has gone from leading the FL polls to a very distant third. Voting for anybody besides Mitt Romney IS A VOTE FOR JOHN "AMNESTY" MCCAIN.
Dan

Granite City, IL

#7 Jan 25, 2008
THE TRUTH ABOUT MCCAIN:

This traitor is trying to hijack the conservative party.
Dan

Granite City, IL

#8 Jan 26, 2008
"John McCain is Bob Dole minus the charm, conservatism and youth. Like McCain, pollsters assured us that Dole was the most "electable" Republican. Unlike McCain, Dole didn't lie all the time while claiming to engage in Straight Talk." --Ann Coulter

"If nominated, John McCain will destroy the Republican Party."- Rush Limbaugh

"Florida will be the beginning of the end of Juan McLame's career of fighting for amnesty, teaming up with liberals against tax cuts, giving your social security away to illegals and being the single biggest backstabber to the conservative movement."- Me

Let’s count McCain’s “conservative credentials”:

-he wrote the bill granting amnesty to illegal immigrants (co-sponsored by Ted Kennedy)
-he voted to give your social security money to illegal immigrants
-he voted against the Bush tax cuts multiple times (he has since flip-flopped and has campaigned as a lifelong tax-cutter)
-he routinely engages in Democratic class warfare against big companies in America
-as recently as December 2007 he admitted “he doesn’t know the economy very well” and needed to get better at it
-he wrote the McCain-Feingold campaign finance bill that was declared to be an unconstitutional infringement of the 1st Amendment (co-sponsored by ultra-liberal Democrat Russ Feingold)
-he was called the “worst 2nd amendment candidate” by the president of the NRA
-wrote a bill (co-sponsored by his buddy Lieberman) imposing a massive tax on energy which, according to the Heritage Foundation, would drastically raise the price of gasoline and put many US companies out of business
-supports radical global warming legislation which involved him voting with every Democrat
-he joined forces with Democrats (“Gang of 14”) to block the Senate Republican’s attempt to confirm conservative, strict constructionist judges
-he joined liberals to fight against a federal marriage amendment supporting the institution of traditional marriage
-campaigning in 2000, he famously described Christian leaders as “agents of intolerance”
-he filed an amicus brief against pro-life advocates in Wisconsin
-he met with leading Democrats in 2004 to discuss the possibility of being John Kerry’s Vice-President
-with most of these positions, unfortunately, McCain hasn’t flip-flopped and vows to fight for these liberal causes as president
-if I wanted to elect a Democrat, I’d vote for Hillary or Obama

Let’s now look at some of his endorsements:

-New York Times
-Geraldo Rivera
-Joe Lieberman
-Bill and Hillary Clinton
-nearly every member of the liberal media (most Newspapers have endorsed him for this very reason, phrasing his strength as an ability to “attract the support of liberals”)

If you’re a Republican, do not let the most liberal elements of the media tell you who to vote for and who is “electable”. Electability polls fluctuate wildly every week (+16 this very week in favor of Romney). A recent example: Bob Dole was considered far and away the “most electable” Republican because he was respected by Democrats and because of his military service.

Voters in Florida and around the country, if you’re a conservative, consider whether McCain’s career record of liberal positions and ineptitude is actually the best you can hope for. Consider if he’s the most electable candidate even if many prominent conservatives have vowed to “sit out” this election if he’s the nominee.

Spread the word to other conservatives before the liberals on TV and in the newspapers steal this election away from the conservative movement (lower taxes, stronger families, stronger military, no amnesty).
scottcenfla

AOL

#10 Jan 26, 2008
Rudy Giuliani is the best option for both, the domestic economy and national security. He has the best plans for tax cuts and will transform the US from welfare-to-work, like he did with NY, to bring jobs back to the U.S.
ZEVYESHA

UK

#11 Jan 27, 2008
John McCain is a divisive figure. He would like to legalise illegal aliens, grant them amnesty and would like to see family reunion programs that will do untold harm to the fabric of the U.S.

The very left-wing John McCain worked together with his best buddy Teddy Kennedy to grant freedom for illegals.

John McCain supported the bombing of so many innocent Serb men, women and children.

John McCain supports the creation of a Muslim terrorist state in the heart of Europe, an Albanian Muslim terror state; he supports the Albanian Muslims terrorists against the heroic Serbs.

John McCain will be a disaster for the U.S. He is an utter disgrace, as someone who is very anti-Israel and praised Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton’s foreign policy initiatives (at a 2001 debated in Iowa), which have done untold harm to the U.S. and Israel.

John McCain is such a phoney, fake figure – not a conservative or a real Republican, but a very old liberal politician.

John McCain is much like Barack Hussein Obama and Hilary Rodam Clinton in his political, social and economic views.

John McCain supported John Kerry for president, he praised him tremendously!

John McCain voted against President Bush’s tax cuts.

John McCain is totally unacceptable and irresponsible. He has to be opposed and Romney supported as a candidate.
joe comment

Bossier City, LA

#12 Jan 28, 2008
Huckabee would be the best based on ending the IRS and social security and the like. It would be the economic boost we need. Can he win is the question. Romney or Guiliani would be the drop back and punt vote in order to keep the democrat Mccain from getting in.
Two thoughts of mine. 1. Guiliani would beat Hillary in New York. This would be huge for a republican canidate.
2. I may be wrong and quite brash for saying that I don't believe that the USA will actually vote a woman or a black person in as president. Honestly, there are too many bigots nationwide. In this case, the bigots work in favor of the USA because Hillary is a chronic liar and Obama is not American and both are into raising taxes to spend on thier programs. Thats my 2 cents. Love to hear your comments regarding this post.
James P

Orlando, FL

#13 Jan 28, 2008
First, let me say that I am a voter who previously has declared no party affiliation and have recently switched to the Republican Party, specifically to vote for Dr. Paul in the Presidential Primary. While I agree with a majority of Dr. Pauls stance on issues as diverse as healthcare, taxes, immigration, limited Federal government, and general personal responsibility, I do not agree with his specific view on an immediate withdrawal from Iraq. I do agree with his general foreign policy plan on not interfering in other countries internal affairs, trading with all peaceably and not being the worlds policeman.
In my view on the constitutionality of intervening in Iraq, we were wrong to go into that country without a formal declaration of war by Congress, which has abrogated its collective responsibilities with the War Powers Act and by not holding the previous Presidents accountable. But, now that we are there, we need to stay and see it to a successful conclusion, cleaning up our mess before we depart. Disagreement with Dr. Paul on this one, albeit major, point still makes him the candidate who most reflects my wishes for a chief executive of this country. All that being said, I am a little disillusioned by his low results in the caucuses in Iowa and Wyoming and now the primary in New Hampshire.
I had hoped that Dr. Pauls message of a return to a more limited Federal government, closer adherence to the U.S. Constitution and personal responsibility would have inspired voters. So far it does not appear to have done so. I feel that Dr. Paul needs to lavishly spend his newly acquired campaign largesse on advertising in some of the larger states such as California, Texas, New York and Florida. He still seems to lack name the recognition required to get people to vote for him. I feel the overly strident followers that comprise a small minority of his overall base, are reflecting poorly upon him. I myself am off put by the 9/11 conspiracy nuts and those that bemoan the lack of main stream media attention found in the ranks of his supporters. I agree that Dr. Paul doesnt get enough media attention but in keeping with his beliefs on personal responsibility, maybe he should step it up and grab that attention himself with a media blitz and by confronting the negative things, such as racism and UFOlogy, that are said about him.
I proudly wear my Ron Paul button and continue to donate to his campaign. At least once a week I am approached by someone wanting to know who he is, what party he represents, and what his stances on the issues are. As Americans, we owe it to our country to become informed, select the candidate that most represents our views, and vote. Also remember that candidates for local offices have as much or more impact on your lives than the flashy national ones. Some people have told me that I am throwing my vote away on a candidate with no chance of winning. As long as you go to the polls, you are winning. I will always vote my conscience and never give my vote to a lesser candidate out of political expediency. At the very least, Dr. Pauls campaign has focused attention on the Fair Tax, suddenly espoused by Gov. Huckabee, and reducing Federal spending.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Titusville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: May Groves Indian River May 21 john 1
News Bithlo: Evolving from joke to beauty: Front & C... May 13 kathy 1
Any single teens wanting to mingle Apr 29 Unknown 1
News Two Orlando teens arrested for starting brush fire (May '07) Apr 28 Vml 6
GCA services , I regret ever working for them! Apr 27 Bill 1
need a male for my purebred cocker spaniel Pen Apr '15 Fed Up Taxpayer 2
Daje' Justice (Jul '12) Apr '15 Diddy 2
More from around the web

Titusville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE