Next Last
WarForOil

Grapevine, TX

#1 Aug 17, 2012
Vote for Romney and his four wives.

He'll change the tax rates to 13% for everyone
( who deserves it ). He pays a lot of taxes
like the rest of us.$13 million on every $100
million he makes annually. That's got to hurt.

Vote for Romney. He'll protect privilege.

He should not have to show how much he made.
We'd feel bad if he did.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2 Aug 17, 2012
half of the country doesn't even pay income taxes.
pappy

Dallas, TX

#3 Aug 17, 2012
antiatheist wrote:
half of the country doesn't even pay income taxes.
Anti, every one that buys things in a store pays some type of taxes. You have a sakes tax in OK. Also property taxes, income taxes. And Romney if yopu listen closely Romney and wife just says they pay taxes,income taxes are not mentioed at all. And it is a proven fact that he did not pay taxes in Mass. as he paid them in Utah when he wanted to become Gov of Mass. He said he had paid taxes there but it was proven he did not. He paid them by updating his tax records for Mass So he padi his taxes for that state after he wanted to run for gov to establish his residentcy and it was allowed. So I have to agreewith you that not all people pay thier taxes. But eeven the lower income folks pay taxes. But all people pay taxes of some sort.
Ayreshire

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Aug 17, 2012
pappy wrote:
<quoted text> Anti, every one that buys things in a store pays some type of taxes. You have a sakes tax in OK. Also property taxes, income taxes. And Romney if yopu listen closely Romney and wife just says they pay taxes,income taxes are not mentioed at all. And it is a proven fact that he did not pay taxes in Mass. as he paid them in Utah when he wanted to become Gov of Mass. He said he had paid taxes there but it was proven he did not. He paid them by updating his tax records for Mass So he padi his taxes for that state after he wanted to run for gov to establish his residentcy and it was allowed. So I have to agreewith you that not all people pay thier taxes. But eeven the lower income folks pay taxes. But all people pay taxes of some sort.
LIAR! Are you an Obama Brainwashed Zombie! After going to both Harvard Business School and Harvard Law School simultaneously, Romney passed the Michigan bar, but never worked as an attorney.

As a venture-capitalist, Romney's first major business deal involved investing in a start-up office supply company with one store in Massachusetts that sold office supplies. That company, called Staples, now has over 2,000 stores and employs over 90,000 people.

Romney or his company Bain Capital (using what became known as the "Bain Way") would go on to perform the same kinds of business miracles again and again, with companies like Domino's, Sealy, Brookstone, Weather Channel, Burger King, Warner Music Group, Dollarama, Home Depot Supply, and many others.

Got your calculators handy? Let's recap.

Volunteer campaign worker for his dad's gubernatorial campaign 1 year.

Unpaid intern in Governor's office 8 years.

Mormon missionary in Paris 2 years.

Unpaid bishop and state president for his church 10 years.

No salary as president of the Olympics 3 years.

No salary as MA governor 4 years.

That's a grand total of 28 years of unpaid service to his country, his community and his church. Why? Because that's the kind of man Mitt Romney is!

And in 2011 Mitt Romney gave over $4 million to charity, almost 19% of his income....Obama gave 1%

Joe Biden gave $300 or .0013%

This is real character vs....well you know what!

Romney may not be the best representative the Republicans could have selected. At least I know what religion he is, and that he won't desecrate the flag, bow down to foreign powers, or squander my money on vacations. I know he has the ability to turn this financial debacle that the "Spending President" has gotten us into. We didn't know that when Obama said he'd give us change, he meant nickels and dimes, and he would get the big bucks. We won’t like all the things necessary to recover from this debt, but someone with Romney’s background can do it.

But, on the minus side, He never was a "Community Organizer", never took drugs or smoked pot. Never got drunk. Did not associate with communists or terrorists. Nor did he attend a church whose pastor called for God to damn the US.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5 Aug 17, 2012
did you hear what I just said pappy???? I said INCOME TAXES. You only hear what you wanna hear apparently
WarForOil

Grapevine, TX

#6 Aug 18, 2012
Ayreshire wrote:
<quoted text>
As a venture-capitalist, Romney's first major business deal involved investing in a start-up office supply company with one store in Massachusetts that sold office supplies. That company, called Staples, now has over 2,000 stores and employs over 90,000 people.

That's a grand total of 28 years of unpaid service to his country, his community and his church. Why?
I personally invested in Apple once myself, look at what
a success I've made it. Romney has exported more jobs than
he's created.

He's volunteered for 28 years of unpaid work because he's
rich and bored. What a guy !! Volunteer work is so
demanding.
Silver7

Chicago, IL

#7 Aug 18, 2012
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally invested in Apple once myself, look at what
a success I've made it. Romney has exported more jobs than
he's created.
He's volunteered for 28 years of unpaid work because he's
rich and bored. What a guy !! Volunteer work is so
demanding.
So you aren't a conservative. That's about all you said. You don't care about all the effort he has put forth because he is conservative. Okay.

I wish we had a 15% flat tax across the board, no deducts, no give backs - over the poverty level, of course. It would end class warfare and up compliance and lower costs. IMHO
Silver7

Chicago, IL

#8 Aug 18, 2012
BTW - Romney pays income tax on investments. That is why his tax rate is so low. He only earns from his investments.

Obama is far outclassed by Romney's experience and character. Obama isn't a godd person to start with. He also hasn't done much while president except subvert the Constitution by the 900+ executive orders he has signed

Seriously. You can't make this stuff up.
notlocal

AOL

#9 Aug 18, 2012
Ayreshire wrote:
<quoted text>LIAR! Are you an Obama Brainwashed Zombie! After going to both Harvard Business School and Harvard Law School simultaneously, Romney passed the Michigan bar, but never worked as an attorney.
Romney or his company Bain Capital (using what became known as the "Bain Way") would go on to perform the same kinds of business miracles again and again, with companies like Domino's, Sealy, Brookstone, Weather Channel, Burger King, Warner Music Group, Dollarama, Home Depot Supply, and many others.
That's a grand total of 28 years of unpaid service to his country, his community and his church. Why? Because that's the kind of man Mitt Romney is!
And in 2011 Mitt Romney gave over $4 million to charity, almost 19% of his income....Obama gave 1%
Romney may not be the best representative the Republicans could have selected. At least I know what religion he is, and that he won't desecrate the flag, bow down to foreign powers, or squander my money on vacations. I know he has the ability to turn this financial debacle that the "Spending President" has gotten us into. We didn't know that when Obama said he'd give us change, he meant nickels and dimes, and he would get the big bucks. We won’t like all the things necessary to recover from this debt, but someone with Romney’s background can do it.
But, on the minus side, He never was a "Community Organizer", never took drugs or smoked pot. Never got drunk. Did not associate with communists or terrorists. Nor did he attend a church whose pastor called for God to damn the US.
Wow, really well said and informative. And all indisputable. Way to go.
notlocal

AOL

#10 Aug 18, 2012
Silver7 wrote:
BTW - Romney pays income tax on investments. That is why his tax rate is so low. He only earns from his investments.
Obama is far outclassed by Romney's experience and character. Obama isn't a godd person to start with. He also hasn't done much while president except subvert the Constitution by the 900+ executive orders he has signed
Seriously. You can't make this stuff up.
You are absolutely right about the class, experience and character. And Obama hasn't done much except dole out stimulus $ to his and Biden's buddies.

I am unsure of executive orders, but I think he only invoked executieve priviledge once. To cover his AC Holder's ass and probably his own on F&F.

Most presdients have used it to protect secret intelligence information.

Obama makes sure our intelligence gets leaked in an effort to make himself look effective.

The leaks are inexcusable. Six or eight years from now we will have verification that he was aware and involved and it cost lives.

He doesn't like American anyway.
notlocal

AOL

#11 Aug 18, 2012
pappy wrote:
<quoted text> Anti, every one that buys things in a store pays some type of taxes. You have a sakes tax in OK. Also property taxes, income taxes. And Romney if yopu listen closely Romney and wife just says they pay taxes,income taxes are not mentioed at all. And it is a proven fact that he did not pay taxes in Mass. as he paid them in Utah when he wanted to become Gov of Mass. He said he had paid taxes there but it was proven he did not. He paid them by updating his tax records for Mass So he padi his taxes for that state after he wanted to run for gov to establish his residentcy and it was allowed. So I have to agreewith you that not all people pay thier taxes. But eeven the lower income folks pay taxes. But all people pay taxes of some sort.
Pappy, we're talking about taxes on income.

My state has no sales tax and the true is for other states. Yes, I pay property tax, but it is low and goes only to my state for state services.

Of course, anyone on welfare does not pay any income tax at all, nor, in 99% of the cases, property tax. And we have a lot of people on welfare now.

Another 40% of wage earners do not pay income tax, but get all their withholdings returned to them.

MANY citizens who do work, do not pay income tax and are rewarded with a income tax return check in EXCESS of what they have had withheld.

I believe I said before, I did a tax return for one single mother of one child. She earned $10,000. and $1,000. in federal tax was withheld. She received a federal tax return in the amount of $4800.00. Her actual federal tax rate was 38.12% PLUS.

Along with that she receives food, energy, health coverage for herself and her daughter and daycare assistance.

Her daughter is 3 years old, adorable, smart and precocious. It pains me to know that in 18 years she will be her mother all over again.

Now multiply that by the number of unwed mothers we have and the amount of children. And in most cases, the baby daddy, or some other man, is living with them, working under the table and collecting unemployment at th same time. Which, by the way, since 2008, if you have collected ANY unemployment, the fedral government added another $800.'make work credit' to your tax return.

A 13% flat tax across the board sounds great to me.

The effective tax rate in France is approaching 75%. That is where we are going to be if we keep down this road.

Entitlements are killing us finacially and creating a society of unskilled and, worse, unambious people quite satisfied to live on the dole. Sit in front of the TV and play video games, which they always seem to be able to afford.

This same girl goes to an expensive seafood take out place, uses her food stamps to buy crabs at $80.00 per half bushel and then openly sells them in the parking lot for $50.00 cash. And she's not the only one. The seller doesn't care. He's got his $80.00.

Pappy, I have read too many of your posts to believe you agree with or support that way of life.

As PM Thatcher said,'sooner or later you run out of other people's money.'

We're there. Give up on your boy and let someone else take the helm. It can't get worse. We are in real danger here. A financial collapse like you have never seen or imagined is on the horizon.

God Bless.
notlocal

AOL

#12 Aug 18, 2012
Silver7 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you aren't a conservative. That's about all you said. You don't care about all the effort he has put forth because he is conservative. Okay.
I wish we had a 15% flat tax across the board, no deducts, no give backs - over the poverty level, of course. It would end class warfare and up compliance and lower costs. IMHO
I totally am on board with a flax tax and perhaps even a federal VAT (value added tax) of 1% on every item sold in this country.

An aside, War For Oil is absolutely vile. Sorry to see him back. Nothing he says is true and you are wasting your time with him. But, you'll seen for yourself.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#13 Aug 18, 2012
a flat tax AND a vat tax? Every time we turn around the gov is trying to tax us on something. You can't even die in this country without the gov taxing your estate that you ALREADY paid taxes on.
WarForOil

Grapevine, TX

#14 Aug 19, 2012
antiatheist wrote:
a flat tax AND a vat tax? Every time we turn around the gov is trying to tax us on something. You can't even die in this country without the gov taxing your estate that you ALREADY paid taxes on.
That's where your ignorance shows. Estate taxes
aren't on the deathee who's already paid taxes.
Estate taxes are on the HEIRS, Dilbert.
It's new income to them that's being taxed.

Understandably that's a difficult concept for you
but brighter people understand it.
WarForOil

Grapevine, TX

#15 Aug 19, 2012
Silver7 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not conservative, I'm intelligent. Romney doesn't work
so he volunteers, that isn't saintly.

Dream on about ending class warfare. My class has already won
and you don't have any weapons. We rule for a reason, you're
incapable.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#16 Aug 19, 2012
Ummmmm you mean the dead person doesn't have to pay taxes??? Really????? You make yourself look like an idiot. I know its on the heirs you moron. Its still double taxation. The taxes on the house, car, etc. has already been paid then the heirs have to turn around and pay them again? This death tax is a joke and just another way for the government to get money.
asdf

Perkins, OK

#17 Aug 19, 2012
notlocal wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, really well said and informative. And all indisputable. Way to go.
Yeah, gotta pass that one around.
Fu Que

Chicago, IL

#18 Aug 19, 2012
notlocal wrote:
<quoted text>
You are absolutely right about the class, experience and character. And Obama hasn't done much except dole out stimulus $ to his and Biden's buddies.
I am unsure of executive orders, but I think he only invoked executieve priviledge once. To cover his AC Holder's ass and probably his own on F&F.
Obama makes sure our intelligence gets leaked in an effort to make himself look effective.
The leaks are inexcusable. Six or eight years from now we will have verification that he was aware and involved and it cost lives.
The Western Center for Journalism recorded Obama has made more than 900 executive orders so far. That's where I got that number.
asdf

Perkins, OK

#19 Aug 19, 2012
notlocal wrote:
<quoted text>
Well actually it's been way more than once. He even said in on of his speeches that since Congress wouldn't do what he wanted them to do, he would do it on his own and start signing orders to get it done. This is what started the "We Can't Wait" slogan. He did the same thing with the Immigrant work visa/basically the dream act, a few weeks ago.

You can look at the White House website and see how many there are and read them.

Google Obama's executive orders and you will see everything he has done by a stroke of a pen that have people pissed. There are reasons for EO's, but he has way overstepped his bounds. IF Congress tells you now, then you have to accept that. That's why we have 3 branches of government, to keep the other 2 in check and to keep someone from saying, well that's not what I want, so I'll just make it what I want, which is exactly what Obama does.
pappy

Dallas, TX

#20 Aug 19, 2012
Ayreshire wrote:
<quoted text>LIAR! Are you an Obama Brainwashed Zombie! After going to both Harvard Business School and Harvard Law School simultaneously, Romney passed the Michigan bar, but never worked as an attorney.
Ayreshire, he went to paris to avoid the Viet Nam war draft, he got a favor for hi dads political connections. A mormon doe not have it in their religion to be against war---I know one guy ,a mormon that went to Viet Nam. Politics count CAT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tishomingo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma (Jul '13) Wed karl44 7,553
Do men wear women's panties (Jan '12) Tue Panty guy 80
snapchat usernames! (Nov '13) Tue mac7313214 325
Corruption in the Public Defenders Office (Aug '10) Tue Heartbroken mother 9
your name is steve sister is tammy Tue lookingforoldfriend 1
City Of Bethany.....Corrupt and Unprofessional ... (May '06) Mar 28 Senator INBRED IN... 351
News Watch Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert's Adora... Mar 19 Rosalie 1
More from around the web

Tishomingo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]