Lake County Coaches Show No Falcon Pride

Posted in the Tiptonville Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
I_Bleed_Green_Go ld

Murray, KY

#1 Jan 13, 2013
For several years now Lake County Athletics have had students defecting to attend Dyer County High School because they will have so much more opportunity. For years, this has been a hot topic among the sports fans of Lake County. Recently there has been a trend for those students to realize that the grass is not greener on the other side. In the last year, there have been four students transfer back to Lake County High School. Three of them have had to sit out a year before playing which I have no problem with. However, I attended a basketball game this weekend and was terribly upset to see a Dyer County student who found a loophold and circumvented the system. He transferred back to Lake County High School this past Monday and only 5 days later is playing in the varisity basketball game ahead of students who have remained faithful to this County and remained in this school system. The Coach cares only about winning and nothing about the pride of staying in your home county, working hard and being dedicated to the Green and Gold. What kind of message are we sending to future students who may consider leaving for another school. Apparently the message is go ahead and betray us. We will be glad to take you back and move you up the roster ahead of all of the hardworking, loyal, dedicated Lake County students who have put their time and sweat in daily. Apparantly these coaches know nothing about loyalty to their players who give them everything they have. These coaches have forgotten the idea of "Don't Tread on Me" or is it they they don't care as long as they look good. Come on Coaches!!!! Where is your FALCON PRIDE????? Apparantly we are now the Falcons and the Choctaws who couldn't cut it!!!!(By the way, after playing the past 3 years for Dyer County High School, I bet he starts every game his senior year for LCHS.)
mrbigster

Houston, TX

#2 Jan 14, 2013
Haven't got to see the teams play lately but hope to tomorrow night.Who ended up skirting the rules?The only way I can see someone playing is if he actually moved to dyer co with a parent and moved back.If he never moved and went to dyer Co and came back he would be ineligible unless he never played any sports at Dyer co.Even if he played baseball,basketball or football at Dyer Co he would be ineligible to play basketball at Lake Co.So don't know the situation but I'm expecting he moved.
I_Bleed_Green_an d_Gold

United States

#3 Jan 14, 2013
mrbigster wrote:
Haven't got to see the teams play lately but hope to tomorrow night.Who ended up skirting the rules?The only way I can see someone playing is if he actually moved to dyer co with a parent and moved back.If he never moved and went to dyer Co and came back he would be ineligible unless he never played any sports at Dyer co.Even if he played baseball,basketball or football at Dyer Co he would be ineligible to play basketball at Lake Co.So don't know the situation but I'm expecting he moved.
Davante Hill is the student. He has lived in Ridgely all of his life. Played last three years at Dyer Co. High while living in Ridgely. Transferred to Trenton Peabody a few weeks before Christmas and then to LCHS on the first day of school. I hope this does not come back to bite us later!!

Since: Apr 10

Ridgely

#4 Jan 14, 2013
I'm usually pretty keen on the rules and really don't know how he could have played at Trenton unless a move was made.If he lived in Ridgely and never moved ,and went to Dyer Co ,don't think he could have played at Trenton.Or did he go to Dyer Co for two years and then sat out his third year.But still would have had to move to Trenton.Now maybe he didn't play but the first semester at dyer Co in his third year and went to Trenton but didnt play ball.That would have sat him out for 1 full year.So I'm figuring that's what happened.If he was on the team at Trenton,don't think he;d be eligible unless he made an actual move or maybe his guardian took ill or he got a hardship.Doubt Coach B would have allowed him to play unless the TSSAA cleared him.Also believe Dyer Co and Trenton had to sign off.My son was allowed to come to Lake Co his junior year without sitting because he didnt play any sports at Dyer Co.Eddie Cain tried to argue with me that he couldnt play baseball his junior year without sitting but I told him he had never played any sports at Dyer Co.So I had a TSSAA official call him and tell him he was eligible.Had he played basketball,football or baseball he would have been ineligible,Cant play in any sports.Can't have an athletic record at all.So unless a move was made or he or sat out a year,don't think he would be eligible.But I bet he didnt play any sports the last calender year,being the last semester at Dyer Co his junior year or the first half semester at Trenton.
mhill

White Oak, TX

#5 Jan 14, 2013
Go with god, mind your buissness ,and don't worry about devante hill. He did live in Trenton with a realitive, he did play in Trenton. See if you went to the lake co game when lake county played Trenton you would have saw devante hill. So get a life and go to god cause u have nothing better to do.
Of Course

United States

#6 Jan 15, 2013
mhill wrote:
Go with god, mind your buissness ,and don't worry about devante hill. He did live in Trenton with a realitive, he did play in Trenton. See if you went to the lake co game when lake county played Trenton you would have saw devante hill. So get a life and go to god cause u have nothing better to do.
Apparently you missed the point which was that a kid used a loophole which I dont think is what the TSSAA had in mind when they allow kids to play when there is a change of address. Everyone knows that he actually never moved to Trenton. He would have to have his legal guardian move with him for it to be legit. He was too good for the Lake County Athletic program 3 years ago and now he wants to come back and expect everyone to accept him with open arms. I dont!!... I support the kids who remain loyal to LCHS!!!
mhill

Plano, TX

#7 Jan 15, 2013
Who are u to say who loyalty? And no I didn't miss the point at all his dad live in Trenton, so upset or yall need to get the facts right cause I don't have time for this are up saying that the kids don't have. the right to decide we're they want to go to school That make them less loyalty if they leave and come back up are playing god it's not judgement day or is it ?These kids will only be kids once they going to make mistake, and for us to call him out I hope u ask Jesus for forgiveness.! Why are up so worry about those that have left and came back what's it to use go do some good with your time instead of running down the school and my son anything you want to know ask me and I'll make sure I don't miss the point may god bless us anyway.
Citizen

Louisville, KY

#8 Jan 15, 2013
mhill wrote:
Who are u to say who loyalty? And no I didn't miss the point at all his dad live in Trenton, so upset or yall need to get the facts right cause I don't have time for this are up saying that the kids don't have. the right to decide we're they want to go to school That make them less loyalty if they leave and come back up are playing god it's not judgement day or is it ?These kids will only be kids once they going to make mistake, and for us to call him out I hope u ask Jesus for forgiveness.! Why are up so worry about those that have left and came back what's it to use go do some good with your time instead of running down the school and my son anything you want to know ask me and I'll make sure I don't miss the point may god bless us anyway.
Thanks goodness he's in school somewhere. If he listened to you, he'd never know how to communicate effectively with anybody. You can't even write an acceptable English sentence! You don't even know that the deity's name deserves a Capital G.
shill

Plano, TX

#9 Jan 15, 2013
Yall people need to mind yall buissness! Find something else to do instead of talking bout' my brother. Your probally jealous cause your son isn't that good, or he probally didn't make the team better yet! Now talk about that!!!!:-P
Pimp Leo

Middlesboro, KY

#11 Jan 15, 2013
shill wrote:
Yall people need to mind yall buissness! Find something else to do instead of talking bout' my brother. Your probally jealous cause your son isn't that good, or he probally didn't make the team better yet! Now talk about that!!!!:-P
Shutup dopehead
willie

Plano, TX

#12 Jan 15, 2013
Shutup................... You ain't got not better to do but talk

“Justice to KSwift and Holly”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#13 Jan 15, 2013
Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
If he is falsely representing the high school, it is our business. We don't need another scandal in Lake County! You need to take some English classes yourself.
The boy will play, and it was legal. Now shut the heckup. It is final. Now move along, so I can enjoy watching the girls/boys play some basketball.
willie

Grapevine, TX

#14 Jan 16, 2013
We got the last word, haha. Jealous people!:-P Now you shut the heck up.
HaHa

United States

#15 Jan 16, 2013
willie wrote:
We got the last word, haha. Jealous people!:-P Now you shut the heck up.
You definitely got the last word Willie. The problem is that the grammar used in your last word was embarrasing. Maybe you need to go back to school as well.....lol.
haha

Dallas, TX

#16 Jan 16, 2013
Shut up. I'm now worried about my grammar right now. Maybe you need to go back to school, and mind your buissness. And by the way I know who this is posting.

Union City, TN

#17 Jan 16, 2013
Martha Flowers Always Think She So High and Mighty. She Sends Her Sons To DC and Andre was ok but that Raheem Doesn't deserve that little white girl he beats the hell out of her damn coon
killer

Union City, TN

#18 Jan 16, 2013
Most of the kids on the bench is where they belong. They r not good. And for the green&gold fool what a joke. What has l.c.h.s done for the kids that u said stay tru g/g. Answer Nothing!!
killer

Union City, TN

#19 Jan 16, 2013
Guest wrote:
Martha Flowers Always Think She So High and Mighty. She Sends Her Sons To DC and Andre was ok but that Raheem Doesn't deserve that little white girl he beats the hell out of her damn coon
if your going to use names put your name on here, an by the way Martha Flowers is High An Mighty to me an her sons,First of all she didn't send Andre' to DC he went because his dad wanted him too! As for Raheem have you seen him beat the hell out of his girl friend?
kenyon johnson

Union City, TN

#20 Jan 16, 2013
Guest wrote:
first of all white trash you dont know nothing about martha flowers, andre went to DC because the coaches and the teachers were a-holes to him,yeah whitby told him if he played football he couldnt play basketball, a certain english teacher said she was gonna be hard on him for no reason at all and the football coach had him third string so yeah he went where he was wanted and raheem is a child so dont hide behind code names and im sure this is gonna stir up a lil something and the more u post someone will let me know who u are so keep my moms name off of this bull. and once more im around all day and yeah she is all that and wants the best for her kids nothing is said when the white people send there kids to dyersburg high and this started back in the 90'S but all yall think the black kids are for is to play sports in LC so get at me ya white Coward or shut up

Union City, TN

#21 Jan 16, 2013
Plz Stp It. Y'all hating cause Ms.Martha is the sh.t she got whatever she want and need. Her Sons and Her The Sh.t. They the best athletics ever came through LC. Shout out To Martha Andrew Kenyon Andre and Raheem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tiptonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Terry Jamison (Jan '17) 1 hr Undertaker 59
Peggy Wiggins Hicks 9 hr Sad 2
Pregnant little girls 12 hr Urkiddingrignt 22
Get these meth heads help 19 hr Itfgjy 9
Constance Thu Constance 23
Keeston Thu YallSeeThat 4
Tay Tay Thu Clean Up 13

Tiptonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance