New School Superintendent
parent

Trenton, TN

#62 Nov 16, 2012
giid wrote:
<quoted text> S.T.F.U! u must be one of the incompetent, fucktsrds in the.proverbial "crosshairs" of the new board! GIVE EM HELL! SHANE,TONY,MIKE,WARREN,RICKY,K RISTIE,VIVIAN,MS.CORA! there is sheer jubilation across lake county for the jobs u are doing that shoulda been done years ago! LAKE COUNY IS BEHIND U 100%
very well said!!! I second that and when election time comes bet you the board stays the sameway ...we as parents wanted this to surface for many years but never had a board to back us.According to the out pour of attendance at the meetings the new superintendant called it finally looks like we as patents finally feel like part of the program!! Your board and superintendent have to work together with not only the staff but the parents...we haven't had this for along time and now we do so show your support not your ignorance!! We finally have a person to stand for what is best for our children. Help and be the bigger person and support this change!!
Guest15

Benton, KY

#63 Nov 16, 2012
How do you know what this man stands for? I like to see actions and not words.

Most of these people on the board and uneducated rednecks who get a thrill on bullying people.

Mike Parker is trash and does exactly what his wife says. Look where she came from...her aunt was a murdered and her uncle was arrested for molestation and don't get me started on Macie.

Ricky never even graduated from high school. He cannot keep a job and married poor Tammy and uses her from day one. He doesn't even have teeth, what an embarrassment. He hasn't even managed to hold down any job in 25 years. What about what he did to Lisa Ligons.

Tony is a bully who feeds on what his wife tells him. Didn't he cheat on his wife and vandalize her car?

Warren is a big bubba from way. Ever met his parents?? Enough said.

Shane and Tony are cut from the same pattern. Drinkers and adulterers go get off bullying people.

What a disgrace to have a bunch of redneck bubbas on the board.
sports fan

Benton, KY

#64 Nov 16, 2012
Everyone blames Amy for all this, but Joey Hassell got all his people in place before he left. Two of the principals and Amy worked for James Tolar and the were all big budies of Joey. He started all this shit, not Amy. I am not taking up for Amy, because I am glad she is gone. This new man has just touched the tip of the problems and there is more to come. Todd is a good man, but he has been riding that $80,000.00 a year long enough and they have an athletic director that wasn,t good enough to coach the team, but he can run programs. This is just two examples of what is going on in our school system. We are paying big money to alot of people to do nothing. I hope this man comes in an puts his foot down on alot of the problems and makes LCHS the high school use to be.
outlaw mafia

United States

#65 Nov 17, 2012
Guest15 wrote:
How do you know what this man stands for? I like to see actions and not words.
Most of these people on the board and uneducated rednecks who get a thrill on bullying people.
Mike Parker is trash and does exactly what his wife says. Look where she came from...her aunt was a murdered and her uncle was arrested for molestation and don't get me started on Macie.
Ricky never even graduated from high school. He cannot keep a job and married poor Tammy and uses her from day one. He doesn't even have teeth, what an embarrassment. He hasn't even managed to hold down any job in 25 years. What about what he did to Lisa Ligons.
Tony is a bully who feeds on what his wife tells him. Didn't he cheat on his wife and vandalize her car?
Warren is a big bubba from way. Ever met his parents?? Enough said.
Shane and Tony are cut from the same pattern. Drinkers and adulterers go get off bullying people.
What a disgrace to have a bunch of redneck bubbas on the board.
very well said
test

United States

#66 Nov 17, 2012
sports fan wrote:
Everyone blames Amy for all this, but Joey Hassell got all his people in place before he left. Two of the principals and Amy worked for James Tolar and the were all big budies of Joey. He started all this shit, not Amy. I am not taking up for Amy, because I am glad she is gone. This new man has just touched the tip of the problems and there is more to come. Todd is a good man, but he has been riding that $80,000.00 a year long enough and they have an athletic director that wasn,t good enough to coach the team, but he can run programs. This is just two examples of what is going on in our school system. We are paying big money to alot of people to do nothing. I hope this man comes in an puts his foot down on alot of the problems and makes LCHS the high school use to be.
Keep in mind that a large chunk of the "good money" that was being paid to Mr. Todd and others was state money, not local money. And I really have a problem when people say that someone is "making too much money" when all they have done is worked hard for 40+ years and gotten 40+ years of state and local raises to get to that point. I think it's really a sad situation when the school board wants to get rid of someone just because they think they're making too much, and they can't come up with any other real justification than that.

As for the athletic director comment, not sure what you mean by that. By rule, each school has to have an athletic director. Mr. Todd did that along with being principal when he was there, then Bret Johnson took it over when he was there, and Eddie Cain has been handling it since. Pretty sure they don't get any extra money for being AD, all it really means is that they sign all the contracts, go to the state meetings, go to all the ballgames in various sports and handle situations as they arise. If he gets a supplement for being AD, it's not much.

You are, however, spot on when saying that most of the blame for having certain people in certain positions falls on Joey, not Amy. She maintained the status quo in most situations, but Tony, Shane, and Ricky (and Nicky Leland before that) couldn't stand it that women were running the school system.
BooHoo

Maury City, TN

#67 Nov 17, 2012
Excellent writing skills, thank you!
Change

Flower Mound, TX

#68 Nov 17, 2012
It's not about being a bully or who is in control (man/woman). The problem is having the backbone to stand up and do whats right even if it's your friend that is doing wrong. Which neither Joey or Amy could do. What I can see is the new Director has a strong backbone and stands his ground. I will say this again for you idiots that don't understand. Get on board as a parent, teacher, administrator or community member and help with schools instead of putting them down. If you think that the board seats are so easy to sit in then step right on up the next election and see if you can get voted in and make a difference. I bet you don't have the guts to do it. I also don't see where you are saying that the board members are uneducated? I think that all the members went thru this school system. Again I bet you won't say any of this to the board members to there face either you weak coward that hides behind the computer! Get a life loser and welcome to the new way the schools are being run.
PayAttention

Mayfield, KY

#69 Nov 17, 2012
Change wrote:
It's not about being a bully or who is in control (man/woman). The problem is having the backbone to stand up and do whats right even if it's your friend that is doing wrong. Which neither Joey or Amy could do. What I can see is the new Director has a strong backbone and stands his ground. I will say this again for you idiots that don't understand. Get on board as a parent, teacher, administrator or community member and help with schools instead of putting them down. If you think that the board seats are so easy to sit in then step right on up the next election and see if you can get voted in and make a difference. I bet you don't have the guts to do it. I also don't see where you are saying that the board members are uneducated? I think that all the members went thru this school system. Again I bet you won't say any of this to the board members to there face either you weak coward that hides behind the computer! Get a life loser and welcome to the new way the schools are being run.
Please say that you won't be on the ballot for school board. You don't know the difference between *their* and *there*!
Change

Flower Mound, TX

#70 Nov 17, 2012
PayAttention wrote:
<quoted text>
Please say that you won't be on the ballot for school board. You don't know the difference between *their* and *there*!
I do know the difference between right and wrong though! Idiot.....
PayAttention

Mayfield, KY

#71 Nov 17, 2012
Change wrote:
<quoted text>
I do know the difference between right and wrong though! Idiot.....
That's up for debate. You surely don't have good manners. Didn't your mama ever tell you not to call people names? We know your teachers didn't have any luck teaching you certain aspects of grammar!
gulps

Marble Falls, TX

#72 Nov 18, 2012
test wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep in mind that a large chunk of the "good money" that was being paid to Mr. Todd and others was state money, not local money. And I really have a problem when people say that someone is "making too much money" when all they have done is worked hard for 40+ years and gotten 40+ years of state and local raises to get to that point. I think it's really a sad situation when the school board wants to get rid of someone just because they think they're making too much, and they can't come up with any other real justification than that.
As for the athletic director comment, not sure what you mean by that. By rule, each school has to have an athletic director. Mr. Todd did that along with being principal when he was there, then Bret Johnson took it over when he was there, and Eddie Cain has been handling it since. Pretty sure they don't get any extra money for being AD, all it really means is that they sign all the contracts, go to the state meetings, go to all the ballgames in various sports and handle situations as they arise. If he gets a supplement for being AD, it's not much.
You are, however, spot on when saying that most of the blame for having certain people in certain positions falls on Joey, not Amy. She maintained the status quo in most situations, but Tony, Shane, and Ricky (and Nicky Leland before that) couldn't stand it that women were running the school system.
did i read your comment correctly? did you say all that howard Todd did was work HARD for 40 years? i nearly swallowed my false teeth! this man doesnt know what hard work is! when he was.principal he was hunting and fishing more than he was even at the school, how do i know? im glad you asked i taught several years at LCHS. and all he did at the board was ride around town all day long cruising the streets spitting tobacco juice every damn where. he should have been gone but thank God he is and all his wasteful salaries are too
ouji666

Versailles, IN

#73 Nov 18, 2012
hi girl

Benton, KY

#74 Nov 18, 2012
We have a bunch of idiots on the school board. The only thing that would make it complete would be to have Reid Yates and Greg Petty added to the board
asdfasdf

Prattville, AL

#75 Nov 18, 2012
gulps wrote:
<quoted text> did i read your comment correctly? did you say all that howard Todd did was work HARD for 40 years? i nearly swallowed my false teeth! this man doesnt know what hard work is! when he was.principal he was hunting and fishing more than he was even at the school, how do i know? im glad you asked i taught several years at LCHS. and all he did at the board was ride around town all day long cruising the streets spitting tobacco juice every damn where. he should have been gone but thank God he is and all his wasteful salaries are too
Everyone's certainly entitled to their opinion. I'm disappointed that yours is so negative.

Millington, TN

#76 Nov 18, 2012
Macie Roberson for our head football coach
parent

Trenton, TN

#77 Nov 18, 2012
asdfasdf wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone's certainly entitled to their opinion. I'm disappointed that yours is so negative.
I think you have negativity and the truth mixed up...the truth hurts sometimes...
nana

Cambridge, MA

#78 Nov 18, 2012
all i can say is i really hope things will improve for the childrens sake. i cant say ive been too happy with the school over the past several years...actually have givin a whole lot of thought to pulling my child out and home schooling him...but....im hopeful for positive change!
Solutions

Middlesboro, KY

#79 Nov 19, 2012
They should just close down the entire school system and save millions. Its a waste of time haveing all these overpaid officials who get no results. Lets face it the good parents can home school , and the bad parents it does not matter if they read or write most end up reading at a third grade level after twelve years of school and in prison or on welfare. Save the County money and fix the roads and sidewalks and attract tourism. Most of those kids are a waste of money just like thier parents were.
PayAttention

Selmer, TN

#80 Nov 19, 2012
Solutions wrote:
They should just close down the entire school system and save millions. Its a waste of time haveing all these overpaid officials who get no results. Lets face it the good parents can home school , and the bad parents it does not matter if they read or write most end up reading at a third grade level after twelve years of school and in prison or on welfare. Save the County money and fix the roads and sidewalks and attract tourism. Most of those kids are a waste of money just like thier parents were.
Thank you so much for your illuminating response. Your concern is so touching. Perhaps you could enroll in a refresher course in spelling. The words are *having* and *their* not *haveing* and *thier*. See, even you might learn something!
Solutions

Middlesboro, KY

#81 Nov 19, 2012
PayAttention wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you so much for your illuminating response. Your concern is so touching. Perhaps you could enroll in a refresher course in spelling. The words are *having* and *their* not *haveing* and *thier*. See, even you might learn something!
Then I have proven my point ! Its a huge *waste* of money ! Save the state millionsby eliminating these overpaid officials who get no results and shut down the schools like I stated. You will save millions. With the money saved the infrastructure could be improved, and they could put a reading room in NWCX for all the former Lake County graduates of a failure of a school system!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tiptonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Miss Tracy Hinson (Nov '10) 7 hr Cowboy hats and m... 52
School 11 hr negative thinker 2
Girl working at gas station 13 hr Haha 15
Washout 16 hr Guest 6
officers cheating with other employees at north... May 21 Need 411 7
Places to rent? May 21 Wonder 2
Hwy 78 May 21 Guest 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tiptonville Mortgages