New School Superintendent

New School Superintendent

Posted in the Tiptonville Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Benton, KY

#1 Nov 9, 2012
Has anyone attended the meeting to meet the new superintendent? What are your thoughts?

I am even more concerned about our schools. This man rambled and talked in circles. Not once, did he talk about his plans for our school system but just presented countless slides showing test scores. He isn't very well spoken and seemed only be there to try and convince the community and himself that he was qualified for this position.

He isn't very well spoken and the whole presentation was a mess.

I saw him brush people off who attempted to engage him in conversation.

No people skills, no presentation skills, not well spoken, no plans for our future...
Change

Memphis, TN

#2 Nov 9, 2012
Guest wrote:
Has anyone attended the meeting to meet the new superintendent? What are your thoughts?
I am even more concerned about our schools. This man rambled and talked in circles. Not once, did he talk about his plans for our school system but just presented countless slides showing test scores. He isn't very well spoken and seemed only be there to try and convince the community and himself that he was qualified for this position.
He isn't very well spoken and the whole presentation was a mess.
I saw him brush people off who attempted to engage him in conversation.
No people skills, no presentation skills, not well spoken, no plans for our future...
Why can't everyone give the man a chance? The board gave the last director a chance who wasn't qualified, caused a BIG STINK because she couldn't get her way. You negative people get over yourself and quit whining because you aren't getting your way now. Instead of complaining on this site why don't you put your concerns into helping the school system. One more thing atleast he is giving the public what is actually going on with the test scores and the office staff that hasn't never been brought to our attention.God don't like ugly!
david

United States

#3 Nov 9, 2012
We needed someone more qualified. Looks like some teachers need to be held accountable for low test scores especially whoever teaches algebra. Btw. God don't like stupid either
Guest1

Mayfield, KY

#4 Nov 9, 2012
david wrote:
We needed someone more qualified. Looks like some teachers need to be held accountable for low test scores especially whoever teaches algebra. Btw. God don't like stupid either
Have you ever even SEEN one of the standardized tests? I have. The students go through them just marking any answer. That's not the instructor's fault!
Change

Memphis, TN

#5 Nov 9, 2012
david wrote:
I believe this man has more qualifications than either of the past 2 directors. If you were at the meeting you would have seen that. It takes a special person to want to move into this county and try to make a differnce. I agree God don't like stupid either, so get involved with school system instead of putting them down.Yes the teachers need to be held accountable and so does the parents of these children. It is a two way street for the school system to run properly and it takes everyone pulling together for the best interest in the education of our children. Instead of you thinking we needed some more qualified person why don't you jump on board and help out and see what you can do....

Brownsville, TN

#6 Nov 9, 2012
I had a short meeting with Mr. Robinson and I was very impressed with the man, I'm sure he is gathering all the facts and will then take whatever action in necessary at the right time, no need to rush in and make mistakes. I just hope after he knows the county and some of the people here, he will still want to be here. May God bless him in all that he does and protects him from people that will stab him in his back.
YOU GO MR. ROBINSON, DON'T LET THEM RUN YOU OFF.
Correction

Dallas, TX

#7 Nov 9, 2012
Change wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't everyone give the man a chance? The board gave the last director a chance who wasn't qualified, caused a BIG STINK because she couldn't get her way. You negative people get over yourself and quit whining because you aren't getting your way now. Instead of complaining on this site why don't you put your concerns into helping the school system. One more thing atleast he is giving the public what is actually going on with the test scores and the office staff that hasn't never been brought to our attention.God don't like ugly!
For many years, the test scores have been presented at meetings that are open to the public.
Change

Memphis, TN

#8 Nov 10, 2012
Correction wrote:
<quoted text>
For many years, the test scores have been presented at meetings that are open to the public.
You are WRONG!!!!!!! They kept it a secret and only wanted you to think everything was going great to cover up there buddy system.
Citizen

Mayfield, KY

#9 Nov 10, 2012
Change wrote:
<quoted text>
You are WRONG!!!!!!! They kept it a secret and only wanted you to think everything was going great to cover up there buddy system.
This post is totally FALSE! I attended one of the presentations, paid attention, and learned quite a bit. You should check before you give out such misleading statements.
Low SAT

Middlesboro, KY

#10 Nov 10, 2012
Guest1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever even SEEN one of the standardized tests? I have. The students go through them just marking any answer. That's not the instructor's fault!
Parents fault.
Traycy Sinsins

Middlesboro, KY

#11 Nov 10, 2012
Uhmmmhe looks so fine I know he wants to hire me I mean back . I can help the boys basketball and football team again like the good old days ..ahh those old busrides......you know my motto the boys come first
guerst

Princeton, TX

#12 Nov 10, 2012
it's obama's fault.
Correction

Keller, TX

#13 Nov 10, 2012
Change wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are wrong. The test scores were presented just as they were received: the good, the bad, and the ugly. There was never a cover up. Not only were they presented in meetings that were open to the public, they were also published in the newspaper. They were the same scores that were on the state website. If you're going to find fault, at least make sure you know what you're talking about.

Mayfield, KY

#14 Nov 11, 2012
Change has no idea what's going on. He/She just wants to stir up trouble by spouting off whatever comes to mind. Next week it'll be something else. Count on it!
concerned

Murray, KY

#15 Nov 13, 2012
well we see what the guy is made of now, he listened to a black woman "that works at the school" bitch and grip about a good principal and then " of course he is black also" he goes and demotes the woman on the words of a woman that this principal just caught stealing from the school, the black lady should have been fired not wrote up, if she will steal food she will steal more, so mr new black guy you need to get rid of the thieves before you start listing to them
karmatraindonest opped

Tyler, TX

#16 Nov 13, 2012
its about damn time they FINALLY hired somebody with a pair! these people in the schools have been cliquing for years. the cover has finally been pulled off of them!!! you have people in positions that werent even qualified to be in them in the first place...and they were removed.they have terrible attitudes from some teachers to the principals and some office workers. most them were appointed by amy floyd because they were her buddies.and who cares what color the man is? hell he has made more tough decisions in two weeks than the white superintendents made collectively in the last 10seven years, and YES i am white! GO COL.ROBINSON! LC is behind u clean that social club up! and as long as he has a majority support of the board which he does except carolyn hayes ain't a damn thing nobody can do, not even the rich farmer that threw his weight around with amy! this NEW BOARD aint gonna tolerate it! GO FALCONS

Urengoy, Russia

#17 Nov 13, 2012
karmatraindonestopped wrote:
its about damn time they FINALLY hired somebody with a pair! these people in the schools have been cliquing for years. the cover has finally been pulled off of them!!! you have people in positions that werent even qualified to be in them in the first place...and they were removed.they have terrible attitudes from some teachers to the principals and some office workers. most them were appointed by amy floyd because they were her buddies.and who cares what color the man is? hell he has made more tough decisions in two weeks than the white superintendents made collectively in the last 10seven years, and YES i am white! GO COL.ROBINSON! LC is behind u clean that social club up! and as long as he has a majority support of the board which he does except carolyn hayes ain't a damn thing nobody can do, not even the rich farmer that threw his weight around with amy! this NEW BOARD aint gonna tolerate it! GO FALCONS
I would like an explanation on how certain people weren't "qualified" to be in positions from which they were removed. Are you saying they did not have the required education, training and experience...or did they just make you mad at some point?
outlaw mafia

United States

#18 Nov 13, 2012
Change wrote:
<quoted text>
lol..sounds just like the Obama administration ...keep it all hush hush
karmatraindonest opped

Tyler, TX

#19 Nov 13, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like an explanation on how certain people weren't "qualified" to be in positions from which they were removed. Are you saying they did not have the required education, training and experience...or did they just make you mad at some point?
so do u genuinely think that just because a certain person has a degree in a specific. field or area of concentration that they are the best suited person for the position? do u really think that sherry, Suzanne,and vanessa are the best that LC could find? goes back to the cliche it ain't what you know its who you know! and to answer your question they havent done anything to me but i think they have tried there best and need to move on to something else. truth be known they would have been gone had amy floyd not been there. and did u know that in the majority of schools in tn the principals were first assistant principals? so accept it there is a new boss in town and the old regime is slowly crumbling to its knees!

Urengoy, Russia

#20 Nov 13, 2012
karmatraindonestopped wrote:
<quoted text> so do u genuinely think that just because a certain person has a degree in a specific. field or area of concentration that they are the best suited person for the position? do u really think that sherry, Suzanne,and vanessa are the best that LC could find? goes back to the cliche it ain't what you know its who you know! and to answer your question they havent done anything to me but i think they have tried there best and need to move on to something else. truth be known they would have been gone had amy floyd not been there. and did u know that in the majority of schools in tn the principals were first assistant principals? so accept it there is a new boss in town and the old regime is slowly crumbling to its knees!
A few things:
-Sherry was hired as MNES principal by Roland Pope more than 15 years ago, so your "clique" argument doesn't hold water there.
-Did anyone else apply for the vacancies at LCHS, Lara Kendall and Margaret Newton? If so, who?
-The position of assistant principal at LCHS wasn't created until 2001, and the position of assistant principal at Lara Kendall didn't come along until about 6-7 years after that. And Suzanne was assistant principal before becoming principal.
-A requirement of the school board for many years has been that all administrators are required to live in Lake County. Others from Dyersburg, Union City, etc., have been interested in the positions but were not willing to move.
-The people that are being fired/reassigned are among the few currently within the system that have the state requirements for holding administrative positions.
-With the last two statements in mind, who in their right mind (from outside the "clique", as you call it) would want to come to Lake County and work for a trigger-happy superintendent and school board?
-It is clear to anyone with half a brain that the school board is directing every move Col. Robinson has made. The man has been here for less than two weeks and certainly could not have possibly had time to make his own evaluations of the current state of the system. He walked in and fired Howard Todd in the first 10 minutes of his first day on the job, for goodness sakes! Therefore, it's obvious that Tony, Shane and Ricky are telling him exactly who to fire and when. I'm sure numerous state and local laws have been violated over the last two months, Tennessee Open Meetings Laws in particular.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tiptonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2018 election 21 min damn 2
Terry Jamison (Jan '17) 8 hr TRUTH 76
Tay Tay 12 hr Mama bear 15
Susan l 13 hr Family 1
Terry Moore 15 hr SexyFatGurl 3
Get these meth heads help 16 hr Ges 19
Pregnant little girls 22 hr Petty 27

Tiptonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance