Tiptonville Golf Carts
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
speedO

Millington, TN

#1 Sep 14, 2011
Tiptonville Mayor and police chief have given the ok to drive golf carts in the city. Can't wait to see what happens next!
face

Brownsville, TN

#2 Sep 14, 2011
why not let them drive there 4 wheelers on the streets ,not alot of differences
TH

United States

#3 Sep 14, 2011
face wrote:
why not let them drive there 4 wheelers on the streets ,not alot of differences
There is no difference. But tiptonville likes to make their own laws.
pal

Denver, CO

#4 Sep 14, 2011
The Mayor and Chief do NOT have the authority to allow golf carts on city streets!Where is city attorney on this issue?Tha city of Ridgely would have been one of few trial citys to be allowed to do so IF the legislature would have gone back and ratified but from what i understand the legislature never took issue back up.
hearsay

United States

#5 Sep 14, 2011
pal wrote:
The Mayor and Chief do NOT have the authority to allow golf carts on city streets!Where is city attorney on this issue?Tha city of Ridgely would have been one of few trial citys to be allowed to do so IF the legislature would have gone back and ratified but from what i understand the legislature never took issue back up.
Well they did it . Last night at the city meeting.
hearsay

United States

#6 Sep 14, 2011
pal wrote:
City attorney was there
hearsay

United States

#7 Sep 14, 2011
pal wrote:
And someone just got ran over by a car this past weekend in ridgely .
hearsay

United States

#8 Sep 14, 2011
The people that likes to ride 4 wheelers should protest this because I heard they gave 4 wheel riders tickets for even crossing the road !!!
Flag2

Selmer, TN

#9 Sep 14, 2011
Just wait until some senior citizen or kid gets hurt really bad or killed. The city won't have enough money to pay the damages in a lawsuit. It will serve them right for trying to bypass state law.
wrong

Jackson, TN

#10 Sep 14, 2011
hearsay wrote:
<quoted text>
City attorney was there
to hearsay! the city attorney was about 30 minutes late to the meeting, he was not present when the topic was discussed and it wasn't revisited after he arrived and nothing was granted given the golf carts permission to be on the streets why? because the issue was never voted on either way. so at this point they are still ILLEGAL! despite what danny cook and norman rhodes say!
Mobility Scooter

Florence, KY

#11 Sep 14, 2011
speedO wrote:
Tiptonville Mayor and police chief have given the ok to drive golf carts in the city. Can't wait to see what happens next!
I think it is a good idea if the golf carts are registered and licenced and have brake and turn signals and headlights. The ATV's should not be allowed they were being wrecklessly driven by irresponseable teenagers and others most of whom were drunk and did not obey stop signs , stop lights and other laws. I hope the golf carts are allowed but the city needs to have an ordinance tiptonville has many seniors and responseable adults who should be allowed to use golf carts .
Flag2

Murray, KY

#12 Sep 14, 2011
Mobility Scooter wrote:
<quoted text> I think it is a good idea if the golf carts are registered and licenced and have brake and turn signals and headlights. The ATV's should not be allowed they were being wrecklessly driven by irresponseable teenagers and others most of whom were drunk and did not obey stop signs , stop lights and other laws. I hope the golf carts are allowed but the city needs to have an ordinance tiptonville has many seniors and responseable adults who should be allowed to use golf carts .
I don't understand why people want to take their lives in their hands by riding in these flimsy conveyances! I try to obey the traffic laws at all times. Thankfully, I haven't had an accident. People drive so fast now, and they hardly ever use their turn signals. You have to be a psychic to know what they're going to do next. Cars and trucks may be made out of lighter weight materials like fiberglass, but they're still lots heavier than a golf cart! Why would someone want to put their safety in jeopardy by driving one on the street? I just don't get it. They don't even look comfortable to ride in.

Medina, TN

#13 Sep 15, 2011
maybe Terry needs something to drive when they pul l his license for drunk driving.

South Sioux City, NE

#14 Sep 15, 2011
I do not live in Ridgely, but i do work there. I have never heard of or seen another town that allows golf carts on public streets! They are everywhere, this is so dangerous! I have had to slam on my brakes several times for these people riding on the streets in golf carts! I have seen kids who look no older than 8 driving these things! It's absolutely ridiculous and i think it should be outlawed! Someone is going to get hurt really bad someday! People stay off the streets in those golf carts! If you need to go somewhere that bad, get in your car!
Guest 1

Milan, TN

#15 Sep 24, 2011
They should not be on the streets .They are considered a electric vehicle and that is why they do not have to be tagged ,But they are driven by kids and the elderly ppl that otherwise would have to pay some kind of taxes it is just a way for them to get use of the roadway for free They are no different than any other motorize vehicle
ummmmmmm

Mayfield, KY

#16 Sep 24, 2011
They are vehicles though! They do belong on the streets, and I can't wait to get one to save gas!
Flag2

Murray, KY

#17 Sep 24, 2011
ummmmmmm wrote:
They are vehicles though! They do belong on the streets, and I can't wait to get one to save gas!
Be sure to carry identification so we'll know who the "body" is when they find you mangled in the street! I thought you had better sense that that.
ummmmmmm

Mayfield, KY

#18 Sep 24, 2011
Flag2 wrote:
Be sure to carry identification so we'll know who the "body" is when they find you mangled in the street! I thought you had better sense that that.
Oh, I will, but I will have fun first, out in the streets saving money, and gas!
Flag2

Murray, KY

#19 Sep 25, 2011
ummmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, I will, but I will have fun first, out in the streets saving money, and gas!
That is until someone runs over your cocky ass and leaves you just a memory on Topix!

Memphis, TN

#20 Sep 25, 2011
Mobility Scooter wrote:
<quoted text> I think it is a good idea if the golf carts are registered and licenced and have brake and turn signals and headlights. The ATV's should not be allowed they were being wrecklessly driven by irresponseable teenagers and others most of whom were drunk and did not obey stop signs , stop lights and other laws. I hope the golf carts are allowed but the city needs to have an ordinance tiptonville has many seniors and responseable adults who should be allowed to use golf carts .
you cannot get license plates for a golf cart, there is a reason for that. They are NO different when it comes to an atv on the street. Neither should be allowed. But like so many others have stated, it will sadly take someone getting killed by a car or truck before it is stopped. Tell me oh Great Officials, whom will be at fault? The legal, registered, and insured vehicle and driver, or the "none of the above" golf carts? Humm...I wonder how that will turn out?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tiptonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Raheem Flowers 2 hr Lite Brite 2
Factory 2 hr The Facts 7
Obion police again 3 hr Nuts 7
Braxton Rice 12 hr Kendra 2Fat Johnson 6
tommy and kayla dean 20 hr me 8
Elbridge white trash (Jul '17) Sun Just living 13
northwest correctional complex lockdown Sat thorner 67

Tiptonville Jobs

Personal Finance

Tiptonville Mortgages