First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Sneaky Kids

Milan, TN

#1 Feb 7, 2013
Of course cops didn't find anything during school search. All the kids breaking the law park their cars/trucks across the street at their"friend's house" so they can't be searched. Parents know too.
Book Worm

Williamsburg, KY

#2 Feb 8, 2013
Sneaky Kids wrote:
Of course cops didn't find anything during school search. All the kids breaking the law park their cars/trucks across the street at their"friend's house" so they can't be searched. Parents know too.
Very True
Coon Dog

Elmwood Park, IL

#3 Feb 8, 2013
Cops can't be solving crimes for looking for a way to denture kids from school I have noticed that sunniest. Rd. has become a drag way from the hwy to just past the beach coming from town the one that lives in sun kist. Cove needs to be ticketed before he kills someone but That is the Sheriff call it will be on his plate after someone sues the county or maybe he will be another Tim Nafieh and Mario case some can still hold jobs that determens how the town will be in the future... There is none for L.C. unless you have old money
Officer Friendly

Williamsburg, KY

#4 Feb 9, 2013
Coon Dog wrote:
Cops can't be solving crimes for looking for a way to denture kids from school I have noticed that sunniest. Rd. has become a drag way from the hwy to just past the beach coming from town the one that lives in sun kist. Cove needs to be ticketed before he kills someone but That is the Sheriff call it will be on his plate after someone sues the county or maybe he will be another Tim Nafieh and Mario case some can still hold jobs that determens how the town will be in the future... There is none for L.C. unless you have old money
Denture ? Lay off the drugs son you make no sense
Guest1

South Fulton, TN

#5 Feb 9, 2013
Coon Dog wrote:
Cops can't be solving crimes for looking for a way to denture kids from school I have noticed that sunniest. Rd. has become a drag way from the hwy to just past the beach coming from town the one that lives in sun kist. Cove needs to be ticketed before he kills someone but That is the Sheriff call it will be on his plate after someone sues the county or maybe he will be another Tim Nafieh and Mario case some can still hold jobs that determens how the town will be in the future... There is none for L.C. unless you have old money
Where is the"sunniest" road?
Wow

Murray, KY

#6 Feb 9, 2013
Lol I think that dude was tweaking lol
Sneaky Kids

Milan, TN

#7 Feb 11, 2013
Coon Dog wrote:
Cops can't be solving crimes for looking for a way to denture kids from school I have noticed that sunniest. Rd. has become a drag way from the hwy to just past the beach coming from town the one that lives in sun kist. Cove needs to be ticketed before he kills someone but That is the Sheriff call it will be on his plate after someone sues the county or maybe he will be another Tim Nafieh and Mario case some can still hold jobs that determens how the town will be in the future... There is none for L.C. unless you have old money
"Coon Dog"...You are attempting to change the subject, in what language exactly, I am not sure but ....maybe you are one of the "dentured" kids who park your trucks and cars off school property during school hours. Sad for you that you are "dentured" at such a young age but drugs will ruin your teeth and gums. It could be the firearms you keep in your vehicle that you don't want found because you "hunt"...OKAY!! I think I could figure out parts of what you were saying but the rest I will have to consult the Redneck Ebonics Dictionary for meaning. Bless your heart.
Guest

Mayfield, KY

#8 Feb 13, 2013
Are the kids that got in trouble the first if year back in school?
Parent

United States

#9 Feb 15, 2013
Some parents don't want their kids car on school property because drugs or "to numerous to list " other items that are not supposed to be on school grounds could be dropped into the back of their truck or placed in their car by someone who has a issue with them or just for laughs. And as we have seen with the kids who were expelled or suspended due to the first bust this year tolerance is zero. Kids screw up and if a joint or inappropriate hunting gear is found in their car or truck it could negatively affect the rest of their lives.
I am sure to draw negative and unrelated to this subject comments but it needs to be known that just because they park off of school grounds does not mean that their parents allow them to do as they please and help them to get away with it. I am sure that the cops that conduct these searches make notes on who's vehicles are parked off campus. So by parking at their friends house they inadvertently draw attention to themselves. But all things that are not allowed on school grounds are not illegal.
Home School Em

Manchester, KY

#10 Feb 15, 2013
Parent wrote:
Some parents don't want their kids car on school property because drugs or "to numerous to list " other items that are not supposed to be on school grounds could be dropped into the back of their truck or placed in their car by someone who has a issue with them or just for laughs. And as we have seen with the kids who were expelled or suspended due to the first bust this year tolerance is zero. Kids screw up and if a joint or inappropriate hunting gear is found in their car or truck it could negatively affect the rest of their lives.
I am sure to draw negative and unrelated to this subject comments but it needs to be known that just because they park off of school grounds does not mean that their parents allow them to do as they please and help them to get away with it. I am sure that the cops that conduct these searches make notes on who's vehicles are parked off campus. So by parking at their friends house they inadvertently draw attention to themselves. But all things that are not allowed on school grounds are not illegal.
Hell half of the poor parents use drugs and most of the well off kids use drugs and most of the black kids use drugs
Parent

Dallas, TX

#11 Feb 16, 2013
Home School Em wrote:
<quoted text> Hell half of the poor parents use drugs and most of the well off kids use drugs and most of the black kids use drugs
Is that a comment on what I said?Because I fail to see the relevents. And it's not a white thing or a black thing. I see it as a small town thing. There is nothing for the kids to do in this town. And nothing is more dangerous than a bored kid. Gas is to high to go out of town more than once in a while. The parents who choose to have their family here do it either because their family has leverage in a County this small or they don't make enough money to take them to a better town. I am included in the last statement. If we would elect leaders that were concerned with building a nice small town community instead of furthering their own self interest we would be proud to live here. It's sad that we continue to elect the same people. The textbook definition of insanity is as follows: Continuing the same actions expecting a different result. It's time to get rid of those in charge. Thanks for reading.
defined

Manchester, KY

#12 Feb 16, 2013
Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that a comment on what I said?Because I fail to see the relevents. And it's not a white thing or a black thing. I see it as a small town thing. There is nothing for the kids to do in this town. And nothing is more dangerous than a bored kid. Gas is to high to go out of town more than once in a while. The parents who choose to have their family here do it either because their family has leverage in a County this small or they don't make enough money to take them to a better town. I am included in the last statement. If we would elect leaders that were concerned with building a nice small town community instead of furthering their own self interest we would be proud to live here. It's sad that we continue to elect the same people. The textbook definition of insanity is as follows: Continuing the same actions expecting a different result. It's time to get rid of those in charge. Thanks for reading.
The textbook definition of insanity must have your picture by it then! How would the governemnt make tour kids life any different ? It is the parents fault if the kid fails not the idiots in office. There aint nothing wrong with the town it is a nice small town community it is the poor people in it like you who look the other way on drugs, crime and other problems, and expect the government to raise you kids. Its Saturday night where are your kids at right now ? Macie cant babysit your kids ...he cant even run the County right.
Parent

Dallas, TX

#13 Feb 16, 2013
My kid is at home with me. If my opinion is different than yours i don't see why that makes me insane. I was mistaken in thinking that I could have a respectable debate with someone on here without it getting nasty. Parents can't follow their kids around all the time. If Lake County would invest in things for the kids to do around here then they would have other options than drugs and drink. I don't turn my head to drugs I try to see things from my kids point of view as well as my own. I drug test my kid every three weeks. Although my kid has not as of yet tested positive I have made him understand that I am looking out for his future until he is mature enough to do it for himself. My kid is grounded for a while because he was stopped for speeding. The officer who stopped him ask to search his car and my son had no problem with it according to the officer. Nothing was found and he was let go with a warning because he was so respectable to the officer. He came home and told me about it that same day. I had a chance to talk to the officer and was told the same story. This happened in Troy. So I feel like maybe I just might being doing something right.
Parent

Dallas, TX

#14 Feb 16, 2013
And I should also clarify that we do have some people In office that want better for the residents. But they are few and powerless without public support.
Guest1

Mayfield, KY

#15 Feb 16, 2013
Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that a comment on what I said?Because I fail to see the relevents. And it's not a white thing or a black thing. I see it as a small town thing. There is nothing for the kids to do in this town. And nothing is more dangerous than a bored kid. Gas is to high to go out of town more than once in a while. The parents who choose to have their family here do it either because their family has leverage in a County this small or they don't make enough money to take them to a better town. I am included in the last statement. If we would elect leaders that were concerned with building a nice small town community instead of furthering their own self interest we would be proud to live here. It's sad that we continue to elect the same people. The textbook definition of insanity is as follows: Continuing the same actions expecting a different result. It's time to get rid of those in charge. Thanks for reading.
We didn't have people concerned with keeping young people entertained when I was a kid. Why does the community have to fork out hard earned tax dollars to entertain lazy kids? Let their parents keep them busy! Mine had no trouble finding something for me to do if I ever made the mistake of saying I was bored. Get a hobby, read a book, learn a skill, entertain yourself (and not at the expense of someone else).
Tired

Mayfield, KY

#16 Feb 16, 2013
Parent wrote:
My kid is at home with me. If my opinion is different than yours i don't see why that makes me insane. I was mistaken in thinking that I could have a respectable debate with someone on here without it getting nasty. Parents can't follow their kids around all the time. If Lake County would invest in things for the kids to do around here then they would have other options than drugs and drink. I don't turn my head to drugs I try to see things from my kids point of view as well as my own. I drug test my kid every three weeks. Although my kid has not as of yet tested positive I have made him understand that I am looking out for his future until he is mature enough to do it for himself. My kid is grounded for a while because he was stopped for speeding. The officer who stopped him ask to search his car and my son had no problem with it according to the officer. Nothing was found and he was let go with a warning because he was so respectable to the officer. He came home and told me about it that same day. I had a chance to talk to the officer and was told the same story. This happened in Troy. So I feel like maybe I just might being doing something right.
With gas prices as high as they are, if you've got the money to let your kid have the car then you've got the money to pay for his entertainment. Don't expect the county to do it.
Hope N Change

Manchester, KY

#17 Feb 17, 2013
Parent wrote:
My kid is at home with me. If my opinion is different than yours i don't see why that makes me insane. I was mistaken in thinking that I could have a respectable debate with someone on here without it getting nasty. Parents can't follow their kids around all the time. If Lake County would invest in things for the kids to do around here then they would have other options than drugs and drink. I don't turn my head to drugs I try to see things from my kids point of view as well as my own. I drug test my kid every three weeks. Although my kid has not as of yet tested positive I have made him understand that I am looking out for his future until he is mature enough to do it for himself. My kid is grounded for a while because he was stopped for speeding. The officer who stopped him ask to search his car and my son had no problem with it according to the officer. Nothing was found and he was let go with a warning because he was so respectable to the officer. He came home and told me about it that same day. I had a chance to talk to the officer and was told the same story. This happened in Troy. So I feel like maybe I just might being doing something right.
It is not the communities job to turn pay for babysitters for teenagers the parent is the person for that you are your childs activity coodinator. What about the people in this community who have raised thier kids or do not have kids do they have to pay more taxes for lazy parenting. We are in according to Federal data anywhere from the 5th to the 10th POOREST COUNTY IN THE "NATION". Where is all this babysitting money supposed to come from? I have an idea seeing how most of the poor people in this county are jobless and on welfare, subsidized housing, pay no utilities or medical bills, free cell phone and most sell thier foodstamps why dont you get these people who do nothing 24/7 together and keep these teenagers occupied with proactive dont end up like me speeches. And you kid had enough gas money to be in Troy and you are supposed to be poor, did I miss something or is Obama giving out free gas cards now also. Give us a break and get off Topix and supervise your kid who probably has not seen or know his father and is not getting child support from him like 99% of the train wreck females in this town. We the taxpayers are paying the child support so at least get off your jobless do nothing 24/7 rearends and raise your own 4658damn kids.
guest

Shreveport, LA

#18 Feb 17, 2013
The parents of some of the kids work in the school system. These parents let the kids know when its coming because they get the scoop before it happens. I think the staffs cars should be searched as well, and drug test them.
Parent

United States

#19 Feb 18, 2013
I own a home in this county and a small amount of land. I pay taxes and support my community in any way ask of me. I was born and raised here when I talk about the county having things here for the kids I am not talking about a babysitter or free things. I mean things to occupy their time like the football and basketball and baseball programs. Not every kid in this county is a athlete. The sports programs are paid for with our taxes should they be stopped?? What I am suggesting is along those same lines. The taxes paid to this county are just as much mine as yours. If you don't agree with me that's fine but why are you being such a ass about it. I have just as much right to my opinion as you do to yours. I am not poor but I have invested my money and my time in this county to the extent that I have to stay here or lose everything I have worked for for the last twenty plus years. You can bet that I have stressed to my kids that they should not do the same. If your opinion is the prevailing opinion in this county then it makes perfect sense why this is one of the poorest and drug infested place in Tn. The people who have already raised their kids or have none pay the same tax for the programs I mentioned above. It's called supporting your community. What small town life was built for. Helping your neighbors and friends. All we have here is a spot on the map where a few families live and they concern theirselves with with their yard and to hell with the rest. Just cuss me for wanting more.
Reform School

Manchester, KY

#20 Feb 18, 2013
Parent wrote:
I own a home in this county and a small amount of land. I pay taxes and support my community in any way ask of me. I was born and raised here when I talk about the county having things here for the kids I am not talking about a babysitter or free things. I mean things to occupy their time like the football and basketball and baseball programs. Not every kid in this county is a athlete. The sports programs are paid for with our taxes should they be stopped?? What I am suggesting is along those same lines. The taxes paid to this county are just as much mine as yours. If you don't agree with me that's fine but why are you being such a ass about it. I have just as much right to my opinion as you do to yours. I am not poor but I have invested my money and my time in this county to the extent that I have to stay here or lose everything I have worked for for the last twenty plus years. You can bet that I have stressed to my kids that they should not do the same. If your opinion is the prevailing opinion in this county then it makes perfect sense why this is one of the poorest and drug infested place in Tn. The people who have already raised their kids or have none pay the same tax for the programs I mentioned above. It's called supporting your community. What small town life was built for. Helping your neighbors and friends. All we have here is a spot on the map where a few families live and they concern theirselves with with their yard and to hell with the rest. Just cuss me for wanting more.
We do not have sports programs paid for by tax dollars in Lake County. In the other post you said you were poor and your kid was a wreckless driver speeding like Tim Naifeh. And being one of the poorest coiunties we do not have money for anything especially the way it is mismanaged remember Kim Keeling ? I am surprised the Library is still open which is great. But Good parenting is the answer. Like it has been said before the at risk kids are the ones with the welfare parents who dont do nothing 24/7 a day. Let these derelicts who claim to want our money organize and use thier 24/7 leisure time to keep thier kids occupied and away from trouble and drugs, but the problem with that is thier parents are the ones in trouble and on drugs. I think we should have all the welfare parents and kids pick up trash and chop cotton and sweep streets to earn their welfare checks and teach both deadbeat parent and at risk kid some of the values of hard work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tiptonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hornbeak sugar daddy (Jun '13) 17 hr 1HotMom 8
stephanie basham (Jul '11) Sat jrb 9
Hiring at little general Jan 23 Ash 2
hottest guy in lake co. (Sep '09) Jan 23 madonna 102
food rite Jan 20 Guest 2
sneaky lil mf'ers Jan 20 dissapointed 2
happiness Jan 20 memphisangel1948 3
Tiptonville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Tiptonville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:31 pm PST

NBC Sports12:31PM
Source: Browns interview former Rams coach Mike Martz
NBC Sports 3:14 AM
Rams won't get chance to interview Rob Chudzinski or Alex Van Pelt
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Why the St. Louis Rams Must Draft Dorial Green-Beckham
NBC Sports 8:37 AM
Nathaniel Hackett interviewing for Rams offensive coordinator on Thursday
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?