First Prev
of 2
Next Last
fred

Leavenworth, KS

#1 Sep 1, 2010
Not to start any kind of trouble but I read about alot of stuff that happens on Ivy Bend road. Car wrecks, thefts etc. Can anyone tell me why? Where is Ivey Bend located?

Since: Dec 08

Monticello, AR

#2 Sep 2, 2010
It's a place rarely spoken of. People go in but don't return. The cops, when called approch in fear and procede only in numbers. I remember they went in to retrieve an axe murderer. They had him hand cuffed and stuffed in the back seat of a police cruiser and when they came out and got to the police station......he was gone. Just vanished!!!No one can really explain the weird happenings that goes on in there. The locals seems protected but non-locals especialy from K.C. area beware. be afraid, be very afraid!
fred

Leavenworth, KS

#3 Sep 2, 2010
Listen I did not want a smart as! answer and I stated that when I asked the question. Is there anyone with a brain and the truth to answer this question? It si in the papers all the time and I want to stay clear of any real estate there if I need to.
Friend

Dixon, MO

#4 Sep 24, 2010
Fred - let me answer for you. Yes, there are a lot of things that happen in Ivy Bend but there are a lot of bad things that happen in any town. Ivy Bend is located south of Stover down 135. Not for sure exactly how many miles but lets say 12 to 15 maybe. Ivy Bend Road is also Lake Road 135-12. There are a lot of places pushed in to the woods and a lot of very run down places. However, there are also some beautiful homes located right on the lake. And there are some very nice people that live in Ivy Bend. I know several of them personally. I would have to say that the places where the "bad" stuff happens are most likely the very, very poor places. I, personally, have never been afraid to go down there. I live in the city limits of Stover and my children have some very good friends that live in the Ivy Bend area. Just like any town...there are places to avoid. But just because of that it doesn't mean the whole place should be avoided. Hope that helps!
Next Mayor

Sheridan, AR

#5 Sep 24, 2010
"The Bend," like all areas has its ups and downs. Yes, Friend is right, there are some wonderful homes and areas in the 135-12 area.

You must also know the people of the surrounding area, primarily Stover, look down upon Ivy Benders since everyone has to think they're superior to someone, anyone.

The Stover community has a population that ranks pretty low in Missouri's rankings for education level, household income and health care. Note if you're low in Missouri's rankings, you're amoung the lowest averages in the entire country. No need to explain further, just be ready for a freak show.

Try a trip down here yourself and stay a while. Beautiful part of the country, we visist for extended stays every Summer/Fall and this is our 11th year.

P.S. THE 135-12 road is an "Ozark Special." Just don't fall asleep like Sleepy Bill and go insane. Avoid!
Friend

Crocker, MO

#6 Sep 25, 2010
Next Mayor wrote:
"The Bend," like all areas has its ups and downs. Yes, Friend is right, there are some wonderful homes and areas in the 135-12 area.
You must also know the people of the surrounding area, primarily Stover, look down upon Ivy Benders since everyone has to think they're superior to someone, anyone.
The Stover community has a population that ranks pretty low in Missouri's rankings for education level, household income and health care. Note if you're low in Missouri's rankings, you're amoung the lowest averages in the entire country. No need to explain further, just be ready for a freak show.
Try a trip down here yourself and stay a while. Beautiful part of the country, we visist for extended stays every Summer/Fall and this is our 11th year.
P.S. THE 135-12 road is an "Ozark Special." Just don't fall asleep like Sleepy Bill and go insane. Avoid!
Personally - I'll rather not be lumped in as a big whole in that you say Stover people look down on the folks from Ivy Bend. I am from Stover. As I said, I live within the city limits and I DO NOT look down on the folks from Ivy Bend. I know a lot of people down there. My husbands best friend from high school lived down there and they are friends to this day. My children have very close friends down there. So I would simply ask that you don't consider Stover as a whole as people that look down on others.
old ivy bender

Dixon, MO

#7 Sep 26, 2010
Ivy Bwnd is like any other place.. Good & Bad.. Yes.. there are some very dumpy places down there...But theres some very nice places there to.. Some wonderful people lives there..I like Ivy Bend.. know some good people there... In fact im from there.. Any place you go theres some kind of trouble.. so Ivy Bend is no different from your town or any town..Come down and judge for your self.. Bet you"ll like it..
fred

Leavenworth, KS

#8 Sep 27, 2010
Friend wrote:
Fred - let me answer for you. Yes, there are a lot of things that happen in Ivy Bend but there are a lot of bad things that happen in any town. Ivy Bend is located south of Stover down 135. Not for sure exactly how many miles but lets say 12 to 15 maybe. Ivy Bend Road is also Lake Road 135-12. There are a lot of places pushed in to the woods and a lot of very run down places. However, there are also some beautiful homes located right on the lake. And there are some very nice people that live in Ivy Bend. I know several of them personally. I would have to say that the places where the "bad" stuff happens are most likely the very, very poor places. I, personally, have never been afraid to go down there. I live in the city limits of Stover and my children have some very good friends that live in the Ivy Bend area. Just like any town...there are places to avoid. But just because of that it doesn't mean the whole place should be avoided. Hope that helps!
Thank you so much for a much respectable answer. You pretty much summed it up and I really do appreciate you.
fred

Leavenworth, KS

#9 Sep 27, 2010
Next Mayor wrote:
Thnak you so much. I am coming down for the applefest this week.
fred

Leavenworth, KS

#10 Sep 27, 2010
old ivy bender wrote:
Ivy Bwnd is like any other place.. Good & Bad.. Yes.. there are some very dumpy places down there...But theres some very nice places there to.. Some wonderful people lives there..I like Ivy Bend.. know some good people there... In fact im from there.. Any place you go theres some kind of trouble.. so Ivy Bend is no different from your town or any town..Come down and judge for your self.. Bet you"ll like it..
Thank you
God

United States

#11 Apr 17, 2011
Ivy Bend is where the chicken hawks f)$k the hoot owls and the hoot owls f)$k the chicken hawks.
Lorent

Rumford, RI

#12 May 2, 2011
fred wrote:
Not to start any kind of trouble but I read about alot of stuff that happens on Ivy Bend road. Car wrecks, thefts etc. Can anyone tell me why? Where is Ivey Bend located?
Hey Fred. There is a lot of poverty there. This video of it shows several houses there. No reason to be afraid there. Poverty simply brings out desperation. There used to b a bridge at the end but it fell apart long ago. I hope it helps

old ivy bender

Rincon, GA

#13 May 22, 2011
dont believe the you tube video.. that dude dont even know about the bend... some was from the bend but not all, so he did do pretty good job on the ozarks part of it... give him high 5 on it.. but it all aint from the bend..
Fred

Leavenworth, KS

#14 May 23, 2011
Lorent wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Fred. There is a lot of poverty there. This video of it shows several houses there. No reason to be afraid there. Poverty simply brings out desperation. There used to b a bridge at the end but it fell apart long ago. I hope it helps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =avq3-lBgyzsXX
Thank you and you are right poverty brings out the worst in people
three time winner

United States

#15 May 23, 2011
Stover brings out the worst in people.
What

United States

#16 Jun 9, 2011
three time winner wrote:
Stover brings out the worst in people.
yes it does, brought you out.
Annon

Kansas City, MO

#17 Sep 28, 2011
Where men are men,women are women,and sheep run scared. There you can find people with a family tree with only one branch. Scary place. Dont let your daughters down there!!!
just saying

Stover, MO

#19 May 28, 2012
The town of stover has more crap going on than the bend.. At least in the bend you know the ppl who to watch out for.
Dale

Warrensburg, MO

#21 Aug 5, 2012
Agreed with Annon. Very scary parts.
pat

Stover, MO

#22 Aug 9, 2012
i live about 3 miles from ivy bend and its just like anywhere else you go you got thieves and dumb asses. there are also alot of smart people that live in ivy bend its like that anywhere you go. ivy bend aint a bad place just the people in it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tipton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Versailles, MO (Aug '10) Dec 17 smoke 11
Did Brian carroll overdose Dec 17 cold 9
Applefest Sep '14 Fred 1
vote for green.. Aug '14 citizn 1
Seeking info on 1963 Adoption Jul '14 Seeking info 1
long lost classmate (Dec '13) Dec '13 Missy 2
Chad Stover (Nov '13) Nov '13 L Brinkam 1
Tipton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web