xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#14077 Nov 21, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
If you care to learn, go to Bing and type "union concessions" and read for a little while. Your anecdotes don't tell the whole story.
Maybe not, but it does tell the story of how we lost work here in Ohio. I"m sure there are unions that make concessions. But that usually doesn't happen until they are sure the door is about to close, and even then, many unions decide to move forward and not back down.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#14078 Nov 21, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm anti-union because of my line of work. Again, I've seen customer after customer close their doors. This is my state. I want to see work stay here. I won't deny that there are businesses that make mistakes, but that's not common.
It's not that I hate every union, but look what they did at Hostess. I bought their products on a regular basis, and now I can't. Why? Because of unions. Now if this union would have given Hostess an option such as not strike or make a fuss about hiring non-union people, then I would be fine with that. But companies don't like hiring scabs because of the publicity and potential violence by union members.
The problem with unions is that they got too greedy and too large. They fail to see that. They don't care. Unions that are reasonable I don't mind.
I have story after story to tell about unions. I entered the workforce in the later 70's so I've seen what those unions have done to businesses when they were at their peak. Nobody told me to hate unions. My father is a retired union bricklayer.
You should educate yourself about the Hostess situation. The union is being used as a scapegoat for bad business and vulture capitalists.

Your dad, unless he's a hypocrite, should be ashamed of you.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#14079 Nov 21, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You should educate yourself about the Hostess situation. The union is being used as a scapegoat for bad business and vulture capitalists.
Succinct, and true.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#14080 Nov 21, 2012
UdintBuildThat wrote:
Then why can't a tv camera find one damn pretty woman at any sporting events in Ohio anymore?
I think they were busy re-electing Obama. At least I've heard that.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#14081 Nov 21, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
No, what I am saying is this is Hostess' second bankruptcy filing in the last 10 years. That during the first, the workers gave back $10 million dollars that wasn't reinvested but rather was used, in part, to give corporate officers 75% raises, paying its CEO $100,000/month. I am saying that Hostess had 6 different management teams over the last 10 years. I am saying that Hostess had stopped paying its employee pension obligations. I am saying that Hostess has been under the control of private equity firms whose business is to load a company up with debt, suck the life out of it and then close.
To suggest that the demise of that company is simply because a union chose not to make a second round of concessions is ludicrous.
Hey!!!

Enough with the facts!!!

We'll have non of that silliness around here.

woof

Since: Aug 12

Westminster, SC

#14082 Nov 21, 2012
Good to see Duke and Che will be thankful for their massive level of envy for CEO pay tommarow.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#14083 Nov 21, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Pop is quite proud of me in fact. We have our political differences, but we all come out just as close as we always were. My father is not a big lib where hatred fuels his positions on subjects like unions and politics. So he says, he always voted Republican most of his life. He didn't change until he got older and allowed the Democrats to scare the hell out of him. Now he's an old man who can't take care of himself if the bottom falls out. Of course he worries.

I've read several articles of the Hostess fallout. They all pretty much say the same thing. But then again, I don't visit liberal rags like the NYT. I'm sure they would never blame the unions. They blame the evil rich guy. So why bother?
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#14084 Nov 21, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Pop is quite proud of me in fact. We have our political differences, but we all come out just as close as we always were. My father is not a big lib where hatred fuels his positions on subjects like unions and politics. So he says, he always voted Republican most of his life. He didn't change until he got older and allowed the Democrats to scare the hell out of him. Now he's an old man who can't take care of himself if the bottom falls out. Of course he worries.
I've read several articles of the Hostess fallout. They all pretty much say the same thing. But then again, I don't visit liberal rags like the NYT. I'm sure they would never blame the unions. They blame the evil rich guy. So why bother?
Perhaps that is why you are always wrong.

You benefit from unions your entire life and then you slander them. What an honorable guy.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#14085 Nov 21, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
True. And when it gets to the point where the money or benefits are no longer worth it, you simply find another job. Closing down the company is no answer. I'm sure there were many employees that would have settled for lower wages just to keep their job. But that didn't matter. What mattered is that the union had to flex their muscles. A game of chicken where both parties lost.
No. They decided to find other jobs.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#14086 Nov 21, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe not, but it does tell the story of how we lost work here in Ohio.
Didn't you just get done telling me how many new jobs there are in Ohio?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#14087 Nov 21, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps that is why you are always wrong.
You benefit from unions your entire life and then you slander them. What an honorable guy.
I've suffered more from unions than what I ever got out of them.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#14088 Nov 21, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
No. They decided to find other jobs.
Not much choice when they close down a company.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#14089 Nov 21, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you just get done telling me how many new jobs there are in Ohio?
Yes I did. But I've been doing this for a long time now. I've seen quite a few things in my time.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#14090 Nov 21, 2012
titonton duvaunte pants wrote:
<quoted text> lol your second hand smoke comment was made without reading what the article was about or what I even referenced from it. I didn't vote because I couldn't see enough of a difference in the two. Everybody said romney was parroting obama. I would say there was a bigger difference between obama in 07 campaign and obama in 2012 campaign, than there was a difference between romney and obama. No? Obama is more like bush
And the neo cons this time around. http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/12/eye-opening-...
http://www.thenation.com/blog/36756/blackwate...
I hear what you say about the simularities & don't strongly but if we looked forward B4 voting we would realize that Obama may be nominating 1-3 NEW Justices. SCARY to me. Then there is at least 1 more point/difference...Obama divides & creates animosity. Doing that isn't even in Romneys DNA. To me, those are TWO HUGH differences. HUGH
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#14091 Nov 21, 2012
UdintBuildThat wrote:
Good to see Duke and Che will be thankful for their massive level of envy for CEO pay tommarow.
I'm thankful that you are not my neighbor.

woof
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#14092 Nov 21, 2012
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You're close, but you've got it a little screwed up.
They don't like the Chinese either.
What they like, is wealth, status, ego, and power.
woof
And China doesn't have wealth?? LOL
WOOOOOF
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#14093 Nov 21, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I've suffered more from unions than what I ever got out of them.
Does Pop have a pension?
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#14094 Nov 21, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
That company died from years of mismanagement.
I am interested in hearing your theories on how the union destroyed the jobs.
The company died because Union greed was reaching for too much while the company was already in reorganization bankruptcy since Jan 2012.
The Union did create some jobs, basically job redundancy. Seperate loading dock workers to load ONLY snack cakes & others to load ONLY Rainbow bread even IF one or the other was just standing around. Then there's the FACT that snack cakes & bread could NOT be delivered from the same truck by the same driver. This created MORE jobs by basically doubling the delivery fleet.
This M.O. went throughout the entire operation creating inefficient duplication of staffing.
So YES, the union created jobs, AND a job pyramid that fell in on itself financially.
So IF management was 'mismanaging' under those circumstances, I guess you're right.
Another mistake of the union was not realizing the flexibility of a family owned company that is already in reorganization compared to a company that has a hugh slow moving board of directors.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#14095 Nov 21, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Not much choice when they close down a company.
You seem to misunderstand. The company wanted them to work for less money and benefits. So the workers made a decision. They decided not to work under those conditions. Exactly what you advocated.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#14096 Nov 21, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>I hear what you say about the simularities & don't strongly but if we looked forward B4 voting we would realize that Obama may be nominating 1-3 NEW Justices. SCARY to me. Then there is at least 1 more point/difference...Obama divides & creates animosity. Doing that isn't even in Romneys DNA. To me, those are TWO HUGH differences. HUGH
Who is Hugh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tipp City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dennis Gannon trying to cover his past! 2 hr happy camper 5
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 13 hr Boro parent 31,281
greene county humane society 14 hr Tina 5
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 20 hr Chuck 19,285
Representative Mike Turner is a Pentagon Pimp 21 hr The New Cool Warrior 1
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 19 Vic 231
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 13 They cannot kill ... 191

Tipp City Jobs

Tipp City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Tipp City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Tipp City

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]