Ohio VA hospital: 9 tested positive for hepatitis | The Columbus Dispatch

Officials at a Veterans Administration hospital in southwest Ohio say nine patients have tested positive for hepatitis in screenings conducted because of a dentist who failed to change gloves and sterilize instruments properly between patients. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Don

Dayton, OH

#65 Jun 21, 2011
Fedacct said that he went to the associate director twice and went to HR a number of times for help. Sounds to me like he tried to do something but couldn't get help from anyone. So, where's the incentive to stay if you see that changes aren't going to occur? I don't call that wimping out.

BTW, your reply is inappropriate and unprofessional.
fed union wrote:
Sorry for your experience. You should have enlisted our help, we could have helped make changes with you. Management and union can be quite effective together. But you took the easy way out and left. If it was truly that bad for your employees, who is left there to fight for them. Sounds like you wimped out to me, what is what most ineffective managers do. Congratualtions, i bet you got a promotion when you left.
<quoted text>
Chatterbox

Hamilton, OH

#66 Jun 21, 2011
I have had some excellent health care at the Dayton, Oh VA hospital, just some of the desk people were rude.
Hmmmm

Grove City, OH

#67 Jun 21, 2011
The care at Dayton and Columbus is hit and miss. Depends on the doc, I suspect. If they don't want to do more than they HAVE to, many don't.

The standard of care at the VA is quite a bit lower than it is in the Standardized Care - For Profit facilities. But then, the VA has a captive audience.

And that nonsense on every wall in any VA installation about treatment options...all propoganda. The attitude is 'do it my way or get out.' We're forced to take meds that will kill us to keep their records clean. Most recently, they blew out my kidneys. Yet, I'm told by the patient advocate that I can change docs as often as I want until I find the one I hate the least. That looks real bad...on paper. Because I want to live, I'm known as a difficult patient with a myriad of mental issues.
fedacct

Dayton, OH

#69 Jun 22, 2011
It appears you've violated several policies by posting this including:

VA policies

1. Internet usage
2. Unofficially representing the VA

and the federal policy

1. Misused of official government time.

You're obviously not really a union representative. Likely, you are one of my old supervisors. In addition, the Brunswick, OH location incriminates you as having done this on a VA computer.

Dr. Thome has been notified of this post. IRM will be putting a trace on this, and we are going to find out exactly who you are!
fed union wrote:
Sorry for your experience. You should have enlisted our help, we could have helped make changes with you. Management and union can be quite effective together. But you took the easy way out and left. If it was truly that bad for your employees, who is left there to fight for them. Sounds like you wimped out to me, what is what most ineffective managers do. Congratualtions, i bet you got a promotion when you left.
<quoted text>
Fed Union Rep

Baltimore, MD

#70 Feb 26, 2013
fedacct, before you go on a witch hunt I should warn you that those same "tracers" that you claim to be ready to unleash can be, and will be unleashed on you. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.
Taz

West Chester, OH

#71 Feb 27, 2013
You run into a couple rude west dayton desk clerks at the VA hospital but otherwise the health care is good.
Fedacct

United States

#72 Feb 27, 2013
To Fed Union Rep: ohhhhh! I'm so scared!!

Look, bud! I have print outs of my emails to back my story, and that doesn't lie. So, before you go shooting out your mouth, you better have your case lined up!
Fedacct

United States

#73 Feb 27, 2013
Fed Union Rep wrote:
fedacct, before you go on a witch hunt I should warn you that those same "tracers" that you claim to be ready to unleash can be, and will be unleashed on you. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.
Bring it on, asdhole!

Ohhhhhh! I'm so scared!!

Look, bud! I have print outs of my emails from that prevoius psych Financial Director named Cynthia Gress disparaging me to subordinate level employees that will back up my story, and that doesn't lie. So, before you go shooting out your mouth, you better have your case lined up
fedacct

Troy, OH

#74 Feb 27, 2013
Fed Union Rep wrote:
BTW, Mark Kidd really screwed your guys over, didn't he? HA HA HA! I had a hand in that.
Learn to treat you employees better next time, and things like that won't happen.
Also, why are you responding to this after almost two years? Get over it! PLEASE!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tipp City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
When will Leon Harrison take the ALS Ice Bucket... 1 hr The Duke of Hazard 2
Test (Oct '10) 1 hr The Duke of Hazard 3
Leon Harrison brand urinal cakes (Jul '13) 1 hr The Duke of Hazard 20
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr UnderstandPeople 19,376
How much will Jeff Fowle's taxi ride cost us? 3 hr The Old Cold Warrior 2
Dayton-area defense firm fighting to keep $80M ... 3 hr The Old Cold Warrior 1
looking for a text buddy (Nov '12) 9 hr David 55
Tipp City Dating
Find my Match

Tipp City Jobs

Tipp City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Tipp City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Tipp City

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]