Tazmanian Devil

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2011

Is this a good program , for addicts? Does anyone know personally?
Disabled American Veteran

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2011

Tazmanian Devil wrote:
Is this a good program , for addicts? Does anyone know personally?
Someone I grew up with is the intake coordinator. I can only vouch for him. I know he has been anywhere a recovering addict can possibly. If the rest of the staff is as knowledgable as him, then yes I would say it is a good program.
John Henry Holliday

Loveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2011

Judged:

Disabled American Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>Someone I grew up with is the intake coordinator. I can only vouch for him. I know he has been anywhere a recovering addict can possibly. If the rest of the staff is as knowledgable as him, then yes I would say it is a good program.
I will vote NO on all programs that enable these loafers
Friend of the Doc

Fairborn, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2011

Judged:

John Henry Holliday wrote:
<quoted text>
A fake!

Stinks like Harvey Daye Jr.

The REAL John Henry Holliday is registered and supports all the Military.

I bet you can't even support yourself.
Tazmanian Devil

Winfield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2011

Thank you DAV for your honest answer. I am sincere and want only honest answers and not crackpots who dont have a clue. Drug addiction is a very real epidemic and the addicts need real help.
DrNo

Orrville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2011

The Salvation Army is one of the few, and may be the only, that does not have it's hand in the federal government's pockets for money. Recently, however,they have accepted a small amount of federal funding. The person who runs this organization makes peanuts compared to people who run United Way, Goodwill and other community service organizations. IMO, the Salvation Army is a very good organization so this program is probably also very good.
Stormy

Winfield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2011

DrNo wrote:
The Salvation Army is one of the few, and may be the only, that does not have it's hand in the federal government's pockets for money. Recently, however,they have accepted a small amount of federal funding. The person who runs this organization makes peanuts compared to people who run United Way, Goodwill and other community service organizations. IMO, the Salvation Army is a very good organization so this program is probably also very good.
Again, I thank you for your honest answer. I know it takes dedication, patience and compassion to deal with addicts; to take them in at no cost, only asking that they work for the Army, and that is certainly a plus as addicts find it very hard to find jobs. Not too many people will hire recovering addicts unless they have been clean for a very long time. work is part of recovery . It costs thousands of dollars to feed, house, clothe, and work the recovery program for addicts. My hat is off to the Salvation Army!
GANNON FAKE BLDG PERMIT

Loveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2011

Judged:

John Henry Holliday wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll get off your dad's couch and stop sucking his tit. I am calling APS on you, beetch
Stormy

Apple Grove, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2011

GANNON FAKE BLDG PERMIT wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll get off your dad's couch and stop sucking his tit. I am calling APS on you, beetch
Wow, you got some real "cooks" in Dayton. Hope you all have a mental health center there.
true

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2011

my 19 year old son is about to go there. what can u tell me
Stormy

Milton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2011

My son went there a few months ago and only stayed 6 weeks. It is a great place; nothing bad about the place, he just thought he could not finish the program. He is much older , so, I think your son will adapt much better. They do have rules as all rehabs do but none they cannot abide by. They have a nice facility, great food, faith based teaching and they have to work there to pay for their keep. I would recommend it highly. My son has been to several rehabs, so I know what I am saying. Good luck to your son. God Bless
The Hawk

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2011

Stormy wrote:
My son went there a few months ago and only stayed 6 weeks. It is a great place; nothing bad about the place, he just thought he could not finish the program. He is much older , so, I think your son will adapt much better. They do have rules as all rehabs do but none they cannot abide by. They have a nice facility, great food, faith based teaching and they have to work there to pay for their keep. I would recommend it highly. My son has been to several rehabs, so I know what I am saying. Good luck to your son. God Bless
will they take Dennis?
INTHEKNOW

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

The salvation does a wonderful job if the addict sticks to the program. Have known of a few that went there and are still successful in their recovery many years later. Also a few recent ones who are in a much better place. And twice this program has helped two people very close to me. One is currently there. I hope he is as successful as the other who went through over 25 years ago. You do have to be willing to work though which some are not, and just want a free ride.
Dennis Gannon

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Waste of money!
Lisa

Miamisburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Never shop or donate to the SA!!! All of these people are gold diggers and do not help the poor! The drug program is against gays and homosexuals and will not help them!!! They make the person in these programs work 40 hours a week and take their SSI checks if they have one! Their program doesn't work! They also charge them for their meals while they are staying there!!! It's craziness! How does this help these people?? If you google Salvation Army scams you will find all mind of employees stealing large amounts of donated money!! And some of these employees are CEO's of the company! They are greedy! They take the donated things and sell it and research it...the Big CEO over this company is filthy rich!!! Give to the Red Cross! The people who really give and help!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Tipp City Discussions

Search the Tipp City Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
tattoo parlors 5 min CMS 10
What is Aspergers Syndrome? (Sep '11) 1 hr CMS 191
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr ha ha 25,331
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr Samuel 17,744
I need a rice cooker and a backpack... 5 hr CMS 3
Are Hookah Bars good for you? 7 hr The Duke of Hazard 2
Sen Reid(D) is anti American,need to go! 7 hr The Duke of Hazard 2
•••
•••