25 apply for Marysville city administ...

25 apply for Marysville city administrator position

There are 10 comments on the ThisWeek Community Newspapers story from Mar 26, 2011, titled 25 apply for Marysville city administrator position. In it, ThisWeek Community Newspapers reports that:

Marysville has attracted a cross-section of public- and private-sector candidates for its vacant city administrator position.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ThisWeek Community Newspapers.

Doctor Phillip 52 Gashole

Richwood, OH

#1 Mar 31, 2011
• Robert Sivick, village attorney of Greeley, Neb., and former Omaha (Neb.) city council member.

THX 4 the clarifyication...I thunk Omaha was in Alabama,,err' somethin ???

UR Hired!!!
disabledamerican 53

Toledo, OH

#2 Apr 1, 2011
A waste of CASH.$3.1 Trillion for NASA's WASTE. http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_money_is_s...

fourth paragarph.

So WHAT could 3.1 Trillion dollars a year buy?

family medical, 3,100,000,000,000.oo (3.1 trillion) divide by 52 weeks $59,615,384,615.oo per Week.

Medical Health care cover,(could cover a total) 701,357,466 Families.

divide by $85 dollars per week per family medical, for the crappie 80/20

Consider, 305,000,000 USA population, 4.5 persons per family, 305,000,000 divide by 4.5 = 67,777,777 in the United States.

3.1 Trillion dollars could cover every Family TEN TIMES.

Talk about a WASTE of LIFE. People whom could have Still been alive Today.

This Waste could cover the population of 7,013,574,660 or the WHOLE population of CHINA.

And what LIES the government tells us. And YOU Believe.
Beth

Columbus, OH

#3 Apr 1, 2011
With a potential change in Mayor in Nov, this sounds like a risky move for these individuals.
First Timer

Columbus, OH

#4 Apr 1, 2011
Erik Roush? Don't you have to be a city resident to take a city job? The last I saw, he lived in Hilliard. I'm sure with his close connections to the Eufinger's, he'll get the job regardless. The guy is a phony and did a terrible job as a Court Administrator. Not one person besides the Judge trusted him. He is a politician through and through. Cares nothing for people, but his own personal gain.
lighten up

Columbus, OH

#5 Apr 1, 2011
First Timer wrote:
Erik Roush? Don't you have to be a city resident to take a city job? The last I saw, he lived in Hilliard. I'm sure with his close connections to the Eufinger's, he'll get the job regardless. The guy is a phony and did a terrible job as a Court Administrator. Not one person besides the Judge trusted him. He is a politician through and through. Cares nothing for people, but his own personal gain.
Wow. Somebody is PO'd. Or has an agenda.

But you said it yourself, the judges trusted him. If I'm in court, that's the person I want to trust the most. So it sounds like he's doing a good job.

No, I do not know him.
Public Resumes

Rocky Mount, NC

#6 Apr 1, 2011
Did any of the applicants expect their name and history be exposed on a billboard for all to see?
Marc

Marysville, OH

#7 Apr 1, 2011
They should have. If you are being paid from tax dollars, we as citizens are entitled by law to know who they are and what their background is that makes them qualified for the job.
Nate

Columbus, OH

#8 Apr 1, 2011
Not very many qualified individuals on that list IMO. I am sure they will pick a good ole bud like they always do and this city will remain in its same state of mind, which is pathetic.
Connie

Columbus, OH

#9 Apr 1, 2011
I just hope they bring in someone with city government experience who is not afraid to ruffle some feathers.

The new Manager needs to take a serious look at the Economic Development going on here or should I say, the lack thereof! The ED Director we have now is a joke!

They also need to focus on taxes and our utility rates, which are astronomical!

This is a time for a good change here and I hope the City goes for change and not the status quo which they are notorious for.
justice4all

Gatlinburg, TN

#10 Apr 2, 2011
it seems there are a lot of "former" city managers in the group? if they are "former" more than once it usually means that they arent good enuff to stay doesnt it? I also believe that it should be a person that is local? good luck marysville looks like your gonna need it; and what kind of decisions need to be made that are outside of commen sense in running a city anyways?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tipp City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 56 min anybody anywhere 21,272
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) Mon NOmoralcompass 32,046
Prentice Richardson (Buddy) Dec 9 jjsparks 2
Down2mycore Dec 6 u need 2 kno the ... 2
A place to hunt Dec 6 Gbbusch 1
I hate gays (Jun '17) Dec 5 Goodlord 19
Any former GM: Moraine Assembly workers here? Dec 4 StackNJack 3

Tipp City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tipp City Mortgages