Camps must improve security

Camps must improve security

There are 3 comments on the Journal story from May 28, 2013, titled Camps must improve security. In it, Journal reports that:

Recent violence at two local man camps have led Williams County officials to ask the housing facilities to improve security or risk shutting down, the Associated Press reported last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Journal.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1 Jun 4, 2013
The man camps are full of what the people who have lived around here their whole life, filled with oilfield trash. They bring death, traffic offences, all kinds of crime that was nearly not existent before these man camps moved in. I watch the paper every single day, and there s always crime, and death. These guys drive like retards. Way over the speed limit. I just went to Bismarck and back yesterday, and it was raining like mad all damn day, but the oilfield veichles, were going hell bent down the highway. Throwing up spray so bad you could not see half of the time to drive.
Dennis Durfee nee Hickel

Springfield, OR

#2 Jun 8, 2013
My mother was Marvel Bangs and my father was Duane Hickel, both from Ray. We wanted to drive through there last month on my way home to Oregon from visiting our kids in St. Paul and Indianapolis. A young man in Williston advised me to avoid Hwy 2 because of the oil folks and their driving. Wife and I returned through SD. Easy driving, but SD has too many tacky tourist traps, like Wall.
([email protected])

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#3 Jul 19, 2013
Dennis Durfee nee Hickel wrote:
My mother was Marvel Bangs and my father was Duane Hickel, both from Ray. We wanted to drive through there last month on my way home to Oregon from visiting our kids in St. Paul and Indianapolis. A young man in Williston advised me to avoid Hwy 2 because of the oil folks and their driving. Wife and I returned through SD. Easy driving, but SD has too many tacky tourist traps, like Wall.
([email protected])
You were very wise to avoid highway 2. I live one highway 2 not far from Ray, ND.
These oilfield idiots don't know how to drive, and have been the cause of more deaths than there has ever been up in this area. Plus more crime. This morning a woman was shot in the thigh in the Wal-Mart parking lot. Stuff like this was unheard of before they stated drilling in this Bakken range. This oil boom is not good for this area. I say that is a curse from Satan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tioga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News No Matter Who the President Is, Islam Is an Ame... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Rosa_Winkel 20
Bobby Bynog (Sep '11) Mar '16 Edavinky 9
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in North Dako... (Oct '10) Mar '15 Nidoe 25
News Search begins for new Tioga auditor (Oct '14) Oct '14 brandy t 1
News Riding the Pipelines (Feb '14) Feb '14 Mixa 3
News Farmer finds oil spill the size of SEVEN footba... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Elly May Clampett 1
News Tesoro: 4,500 barrels recovered in 20,000-barre... (Nov '13) Nov '13 diesel donkey 1

Tioga Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tioga Mortgages