Suburban Man Killed in Little Village Shooting

Oct 31, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WBBM-AM Chicago

A south suburban man was shot and killed Saturday night in the Little Village neighborhood.

Comments
1 - 20 of 70 Comments Last updated Apr 10, 2014
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Aug 09

Linthicum Heights, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

That name is familiar. Is he related to the young man that committed suicide and his body was found in the Forest Preserve near 159th and Central??
No gang problem

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

Judged:

Comment from the WBBM website:
Robert Vela was the man, also known as the chief of the Satan Disciples from 24th and Rockwell, he was the highest ranking member and Boss of the Satan Disciples next to spooky, pancho, ghost and lil spookky,All. Resposible for the murder of a young lady nicknamed cherry, word on the street when they apparently ordered lil trigger, & lil bam bam their main gunners to murder the innocent girl. Maybe the world would be better without these guys on the streets these guys ordering murders in the streets,taking our streets hostage with innocent bloodshed,as the bible says “you kill by the sword you die by the sword”

But remember, there is no gang problem in Midlothian...only wannabes :) Also revisit the August Topix post about the 17 yo gang menber that was arrested with a gun...same area
No gang problem

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

http://www.southtownstar.com/news/digest/2852... Also identifies him as a known gang menber
GRP

Harvey, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2010

Ghetto Retirement Plan

“Trust me?”

Since: Jan 10

Oak Forest/Midlothian

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2010

At 35 he was probably one of the leaders, thats great. I think the Chief has changed his mind on that ever since he said that a few years ago. To bad though, as maybe there could have been some plan to deal with this element as it moved into town. Can't say he was a wannabe anymore.
Community Watchers

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2010

Robert Vela was raised in the hood in 24th and Rockwell, I remember he was always gangbangin shooting at rivals, this guy was no wanna be, he was the chief n like the mafia he had his low key home in mithlonian, trust me he was no suburb man! Around there they beef with Latin kings, insane two two boys, n cullerton deuces. I know the area it's a warzone literally! It's like Iraq minus bombs, shootings mostly everyday! That's what happens when you want money n the power!......
Community Watchers

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2010

Dutch Oven Chef wrote:
That name is familiar. Is he related to the young man that committed suicide and his body was found in the Forest Preserve near 159th and Central??
Do you remember his name? Or when it happened, I can find out for you......

Since: Aug 09

Linthicum Heights, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2010

Community Watchers wrote:
<quoted text>Do you remember his name? Or when it happened, I can find out for you......
Nevermind, I looked up the story from Sept of 09. I had the name incorrect. That person's name was not Vela.
shawty aka ricky

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

Judged:

boddy d was my guy even tho i never started bangin wit him he still looked at me like a son. he took care of me for the 3 or 4 years i new him. he was loved by many he had a great family. this is all crazy an i still cant beleive it. even tho me an him had are bad times we always had are good times.but you kno itz all good cuz wat goes around cums around r.i.p bobby D

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2010

Judged:

I call this URBAN RENEWAL!!!!! Good riddance maggot!

Since: Apr 09

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2010

I have to say, I hate to see anyone die young, but if you choose that life you will die young...Period. And if that's the kind of person he was, I'm not sure he deserved the 34-36 years he got. Sorry to say.

“Always willing to lend a hand”

Since: Dec 09

Midlothian, Il

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2010

Judged:

Roboblogger wrote:
A south suburban man was shot and killed Saturday night in the Little Village neighborhood.
Well, if this isn't repetitive, I don't know what is:):):)

Are we running out of material old boy?:):):)
Past Affiliate

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2010

Judged:

Used to interact with Bobby as a 22nd rival back in the late 90's. Hard to process that after all these years he still decided to continue interacting with gangs. Nonetheless, don't wish bad on anybody but the only victim in this story are the kids that are left without a father.

At the age of 35, there is nothing to prove to anyone in the streets but instead something to prove at ones home if responsibilities are present.

Let this be a lesson for gangmembers that it is true that such a path only has 3 outcomes if one doesn't walk away from that lifestyle: dead, shot, or in prison.

Peace!

“Always willing to lend a hand”

Since: Dec 09

Midlothian, Il

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2010

Past Affiliate wrote:
Used to interact with Bobby as a 22nd rival back in the late 90's. Hard to process that after all these years he still decided to continue interacting with gangs. Nonetheless, don't wish bad on anybody but the only victim in this story are the kids that are left without a father.
At the age of 35, there is nothing to prove to anyone in the streets but instead something to prove at ones home if responsibilities are present.
Let this be a lesson for gangmembers that it is true that such a path only has 3 outcomes if one doesn't walk away from that lifestyle: dead, shot, or in prison.
Peace!
Don't fret my good friend, don't fret:):):)

Roboblogger has been known to "sensationalize" things in order to get "hits" as they say:( It is quite possible in my view that this entire story has been completely fabricated. Indeed, the whole premise is quite absurd if you ask me. A "gangbanger" in Midlothian? Perish the thought!

Does this not prove that there are some jobs better suited for man, and some jobs better suited for machines!?:):):)
2BEAR4

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2010

Judged:

All these haters...Go grow some nuttz and put your real name on here. Bobby-D will be missed by me and anybody else who knew him. My prayers go out to his wife and 5 children. You will never be forgotten Bobby. Rest In Peace.
ck 24 rockwell

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2011

Judged:

What's up Puto.
24th rockwell

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2011

And you are

Since: Apr 10

Alsip, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2011

2BEAR4 wrote:
All these haters...Go grow some nuttz and put your real name on here. Bobby-D will be missed by me and anybody else who knew him. My prayers go out to his wife and 5 children. You will never be forgotten Bobby. Rest In Peace.
Im sorry to hear that the man was killed but u said "grow some nuts and put your real name on here". I take it u'r real name is 2BEAR4 or what?
24th rockwell

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2011

W2Bear4 you stole from us. So good he got what he deserve
24th rockwell

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2011

2bear4 you are still claiming 24 th. YOU TOOK OUR NATION MONEY

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Tinley Park Discussions

Search the Tinley Park Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 28 min Joe Rock Extreme Auto 48,920
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 32 min Joe Rock Extreme Auto 3,831
Oak Lawn fire chief to also run Chicago Ridge FD 56 min between the sheets 22
State Rep 28th Bob Rita is not addressing the ... 58 min Oahin 7
City Attorney ShawnTe Raines has No Municipal A... (Jan '14) 1 hr Fest 47
Hog Wild Restaurant 1 hr WTF 27
Why Kurtz? A for profit company 12 hr Part Time FD 8
•••
•••
•••
•••

Tinley Park Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000