Comments
1,781 - 1,800 of 6,593 Comments Last updated Saturday Aug 2
purple squirrel

Pismo Beach, CA

#1953 Sep 18, 2012
purple squirrel wrote:
randy for sheriff
LOL! At least you spelled "squirrel" right this time!! Do you folks not have schools there in the backwoods?

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Thanks hillbilly!
seriously

Mattoon, IL

#1954 Sep 18, 2012
That Romney quote about people in the 47 percent not taking responsibility for their lives made me so angry I almost cried. I'm in that 47 percent. My household hasn't paid income taxes in ten years - not since my husband became seriously disabled and could no longer work. How dare Romney tell me I'm not taking responsibility. I've been nothing but responsible - responsible for raising three children and caring for my husband for five years until he died, through some very tough times. I worked part-time through much of this, but SSDI and private disability insurance made it possible for my family to survive financially. My two sons received federal loans for college. One is now a public school teacher, and a darn good one - a worthwhile investment, I'd say. The other is still in college. My third child is disabled and continues to receive SSDI, and I'm still responsible for her. I work full-time, pay payroll taxes, property taxes, sales taxes, gas taxes. But I work for a not-for-profit and don't receive the kind of salary people of my abilities earn in investment banking.

"The stuff that happened to me - a spouse who died prematurely, a child with a genetically-based disability - these things can happen to anyone. Anyone."

— A member of the 47%

Mitt Romney has shown his total disdain for people like the woman above. He lumps people like her with people who are too lazy to work into one category, and then dismisses them.

The majority of people who don't pay federal income taxes are retired seniors, the disabled, the working poor and students. Republicans see all of them as freeloading moochers.
seriously

Mattoon, IL

#1955 Sep 18, 2012
guess what wrote:
<quoted text>your mamma looks like the hooker i sawwalking down the street --o wait IT WAS HER!!!
Sounds like you live in a nice area.

Sawwalking? Is that what you call it when you go trolling the streets searching for some companionship.

By the way, my mother has been deceased for years. I suspect your comment was a Freudian slip resulting from a sever case of Oedipal complex.
seriously

Mattoon, IL

#1956 Sep 18, 2012
purple squirrel wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! At least you spelled "squirrel" right this time!! Do you folks not have schools there in the backwoods?
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Thanks hillbilly!
Indiana is a strong Republican state, so it's safe to say there's a lot of inbreeding there. He probably doesn't know he's posting on the wrong thread.
seriously

Mattoon, IL

#1957 Sep 18, 2012
Helpful Harry wrote:
<quoted text>
Today I had to go to Sears. As I approached the entrance, I noticed a driver looking for a parking space.
I flagged the driver and pointed out a handicap parking space that was open
and available.
The driver looked puzzled, rolled down her window and said,''I'm not
handicapped!''
Well, as you can imagine, my face was red!
''Oh, sorry" I said, "I saw your Obama sticker and just assumed...''
She gave me the finger and yelled some nasty names at me.
Boy!------ Some people - and when you're just trying to help them out!
Most people who hog handicapped parking places are overweight old white people. Typical Romney supporters.
seriously

Mattoon, IL

#1958 Sep 18, 2012
On the leaked Romney video:

More than anything else, what makes this video damaging is that it confirms what most Americans already suspect about Romney: he holds at least half the country in contempt, including many of the people that normally vote Republican. It isn't just that Romney expresses contempt and pity for “anyone who isn't going to vote for him.” What makes this stand out as exceptionally arrogant is the fact that he clearly has contempt for many of the people who were likely to vote for him. This is another self-inflicted wound that comes from Romney’s willingness to say whatever his supporters want to hear regardless of the merits, and it’s another reminder why more Americans dislike Romney than like him. It remains to be seen how many will opt to sit out this election, but this could hardly have come at a worse time for a flailing, wounded campaign.
-The American Conservative

Romney is too stupid to realise his speech insulted millions of retired Americans too. Considering that a high percentage of retirees are regular voters. Not a wise thing to do, but Romney is proving he's not running a wise campaign.

The blunders from the Romney camp are now coming daily.
Olive

Carterville, IL

#1959 Sep 18, 2012
seriously wrote:
That Romney quote about people in the 47 percent not taking responsibility for their lives made me so angry I almost cried. I'm in that 47 percent. My household hasn't paid income taxes in ten years - not since my husband became seriously disabled and could no longer work. How dare Romney tell me I'm not taking responsibility. I've been nothing but responsible - responsible for raising three children and caring for my husband for five years until he died, through some very tough times. I worked part-time through much of this, but SSDI and private disability insurance made it possible for my family to survive financially. My two sons received federal loans for college. One is now a public school teacher, and a darn good one - a worthwhile investment, I'd say. The other is still in college. My third child is disabled and continues to receive SSDI, and I'm still responsible for her. I work full-time, pay payroll taxes, property taxes, sales taxes, gas taxes. But I work for a not-for-profit and don't receive the kind of salary people of my abilities earn in investment banking.
"The stuff that happened to me - a spouse who died prematurely, a child with a genetically-based disability - these things can happen to anyone. Anyone."
— A member of the 47%
Mitt Romney has shown his total disdain for people like the woman above. He lumps people like her with people who are too lazy to work into one category, and then dismisses them.
The majority of people who don't pay federal income taxes are retired seniors, the disabled, the working poor and students. Republicans see all of them as freeloading moochers.
Add Mitt Romney to the list of people that don't pay taxes. He would like to end your benefits but wants to receive a $77,000 dollar tax break for his dancing horse. Props to ya for the job you are doing raising a family under those circumstances. Mojo sent.
Helpful Harry

Spring Grove, IL

#1960 Sep 18, 2012
seriously wrote:
<quoted text>Most people who hog handicapped parking places are overweight old white people. Typical Romney supporters.
Yo Mama fool. Can't even let a joke pass without banal, hateful comments. How sad you are.
seriously

Mattoon, IL

#1961 Sep 18, 2012
Helpful Harry wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo Mama fool. Can't even let a joke pass without banal, hateful comments. How sad you are.
Whoa there Henry. What makes your comment any less hateful than mine? How sad YOU are. Hypocrite!
seriously

Mattoon, IL

#1962 Sep 18, 2012
If Romney can't even manage his own campaign for a short period of a few months, what makes people think he can manage an entire country for 4 years?
seriously

Mattoon, IL

#1963 Sep 18, 2012
Here's a serious question for any of you Romney supporters. Why won't Romney and Ryan tell us which tax loopholes they plan to close. Seriously, can anyone answer that question. If Romney wants to be president doesn't he owe the voters an answer to that question? With Romney it's sort of like buying a used car and strictly relying on what the salesman tells you. Show us the Carfax, Mitt.
seriously

Mattoon, IL

#1964 Sep 18, 2012
A brief summary of the Romney campaign to date:

Refuses to disclose his tax returns.

Refuses to tell us which tax loopholes he will close.

Refuses to go on record about his foreign policy plans.

Refuses to disassociate himself with the crazy birthers like Donald Trump and the equally insane Arizona sheriff.

Refuses to tell the truth on the work requirements for welfare.

Refuses to back down on his inane claim that Obama apologised to those who attacked our embassies.

That's just a few of the things he refuses. And yet he wants our votes. I predict that the majority of Americans will refuse to vote for an empty suit whose motto is just trust me.
seriously

Mattoon, IL

#1965 Sep 18, 2012
Stay tuned for release of Mitt Romney's latest position paper. It's titled the "Moocher Theory" on politics. Don't expect any real substance. In the typical Romney style, it will rely on vague platitudes designed to fire up those who are rapidly becoming disillusioned over his lackluster performance to date.
old builder

Granite City, IL

#1966 Sep 18, 2012
seriously,
What government agency do you work for,and are you actually willing to let this country go the way of Europe just to benefit yourself?
Do you like the little dictator making your mind up for you,just govern by decree.
About the tax returns,how many do you want to see,and what does it matter.He pays more taxes than the whiner in cheif makes
You really want to talk foreign policy? Maybe you should watch something besides MSNBC
Disasociate himself with crazies.This is hard,rev Wright,well really just look at his admin.They couldn't pass a background check at USPS.
But what can we expect from a man who doesn't see this magnificent country as exceptional.
I am not trying to change your opinions,just get tired of people repeating garbage because it makes them feel better about themselves
seriously

Mattoon, IL

#1967 Sep 18, 2012
But what can we expect from a man who doesn't see this magnificent country as exceptional.

Instead of repeating a bogus misinterpretation, perhaps you should actually read what the president said about American exceptionalism. I mean his actual words, not the right wing twisted version.

I'm not trying to change anyone's opinions either, just expressing my opinions. It's called freedom of speech. You're free to ignore my comments anytime you like. But like a moth to a flame, you won't.

And speaking of garbage, I see a lot of that from people like yourself who rely on right wing talking points spewed on Fox news and hate-wing radio to make a point.

I would enjoy having an adult discussion on here but so far all I see from the right are comments that lack substance and consist mainly of name calling, erroneous talking points, lies and unsupported claims. Are you up to an adult discussion or is childish name calling all you have to offer?

Meanwhile, I'll continue to post my comments and poke fun at hapless people like yourself who continue to distort the presidents words and actions. Thanks for responding, your comments inspire me to continue.

In closing, let me say I welcome you to try to dispute the validity of anything I post as a fact.
And I'm not referring to the jokes I make such as the Munster comparisons. Can you do that? Most of the Obama bashers haven't able to keep up and have ran off with their tails between their legs. Are you going to be just another in a long list of cowards who have no real substantive comments?
Get a clue

Chicago, IL

#1968 Sep 18, 2012
old builder wrote:
seriously,
What government agency do you work for,and are you actually willing to let this country go the way of Europe just to benefit yourself?
Do you like the little dictator making your mind up for you,just govern by decree.
About the tax returns,how many do you want to see,and what does it matter.He pays more taxes than the whiner in cheif makes
You really want to talk foreign policy? Maybe you should watch something besides MSNBC
Disasociate himself with crazies.This is hard,rev Wright,well really just look at his admin.They couldn't pass a background check at USPS.
I am not trying to change your opinions,just get tired of people repeating garbage because it makes them feel better about themselves
This guy is a lonely nutcase! He lacks social skills and has mommy issues. You can tell he doesn't work, look at the times of his post. He feels entiltled to the disability check that he lives on and feels threatened by anyone who finds his lifestyle appalling. He is the typical sponge Democrat, just ignore him!
seriously

Mattoon, IL

#1969 Sep 18, 2012
Get a clue wrote:
<quoted text> This guy is a lonely nutcase! He lacks social skills and has mommy issues. You can tell he doesn't work, look at the times of his post. He feels entiltled to the disability check that he lives on and feels threatened by anyone who finds his lifestyle appalling. He is the typical sponge Democrat, just ignore him!
You're not to good at the debating thing, are you.

Thanks for making my point. I rely on people like you to do just that.
Get a clue

Chicago, IL

#1970 Sep 18, 2012
seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't debating anything. You are just rambling on and making a fool of yourself! Go back to your pathetic existence in your cyber world. Loneliness must be a bitch!
Not distracted by glitter

Round Lake, IL

#1971 Sep 18, 2012
seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
You really think you are getting the job done for Obama with this condescending, ridiculing crap in nearly every post! He and your handlers must be so proud of you. I am beginning to think you are actually a Republican trying to get people to hate you so they will hate Obama. If not, mission accomplished anyway. You are a total tool.
reader

Herrin, IL

#1973 Sep 18, 2012
seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but you didn't answer the question. Does Romney and Ryan look remarkably like Herman and Eddie Munster?
hey i just had to butt in but yes your right they do look like thatLOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tinley Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 10 min Dick Topick 49,525
Hog Wild Restaurant 1 hr WOWED 37
Praire Ridge Subdivision in Mokena - Nebor Cons... 1 hr Rich and 8
B.I.P.D. needs leadership now 1 hr Andy 16
Berkot's Foods in Midlothian? 2 hr YUCK 70
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 3 hr newpoly 1,905
AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 4 hr Union Corrupt 7,561
•••
•••
•••

Tinley Park Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Tinley Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Tinley Park News, Events & Info