First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Wait

United States

#2 Mar 29, 2012
I lost something somewhere. I thought we used to have an animal control person named Lynn, that the City let go due to budgetary reasons, now we have this one? How? Who does she know?
Stop Corruption wrote:
So I happened across a website called 19th ward Politics, and found a reference to our animal control officer Ruby Wilson.
http://19thwardpolitics.blogspot.com/2012/03/...
Now I don't know how much stock to put into something like this, but I find it kinda curious. I like to think that I judge character pretty accurately, and from what I have seen on the OFTV network, it appears that this narrative would fit my idea of her personality.
Anyone here have experiences with her. Are her actions and responses fair, or does she twist things routinely like this post hints at?
BTW, what does our animal control officer make? Is she a sworn LEO, or not?
Wow, just found this out as well, looks like there is a lawsuit connected to this too;
http://dockets.justia.com/docket/illinois/iln...
I have no connection to this story, but I am thinking about where our city can trim the fat. After the slam of the sales tax hike, we need to really look hard at everyone drawing a paycheck.
Charles

Lansing, IL

#3 Apr 2, 2012
Stop Corruption wrote:
So I happened across a website called 19th ward Politics, and found a reference to our animal control officer Ruby Wilson.
http://19thwardpolitics.blogspot.com/2012/03/...
Now I don't know how much stock to put into something like this, but I find it kinda curious. I like to think that I judge character pretty accurately, and from what I have seen on the OFTV network, it appears that this narrative would fit my idea of her personality.
Anyone here have experiences with her. Are her actions and responses fair, or does she twist things routinely like this post hints at?
BTW, what does our animal control officer make? Is she a sworn LEO, or not?
Wow, just found this out as well, looks like there is a lawsuit connected to this too;
http://dockets.justia.com/docket/illinois/iln...
I have no connection to this story, but I am thinking about where our city can trim the fat. After the slam of the sales tax hike, we need to really look hard at everyone drawing a paycheck.
Two sides to every story, Mr. La**** forgot to mention that a judge ruled that his wife signed a completed relinquishment form, not a blank piece of paper. That he was living with MANY dogs IN his home, over 17 of them. That the dogs relinquished required extensive vet care due to neglect, Anyone can file a lawsuit, even one for malicious prosecution.
Big Guy 2011

Chicago, IL

#4 Apr 3, 2012
Yep thats Ruby's MO alright.... shes used the barking dogs excuse for a long time just to harass people.
Ruby

Lansing, IL

#5 Apr 3, 2012
To clear the air, I am the animal control officer for Oak Forest, no need to hide behind any other names for me.

Walt, for your information, Lin has been gone for three years now, not for budgetary reasons but for other reasons. I knew not ONE person when I was contacted and hired for the position.

I am one of the lowest salaried people on the payroll at Oak Forest and I am a part time employee with no benefits, even tho I work many more hours than a part time position. I care for all of the animals that residents decide are not worth picking up from Animal Control. Those animals stay with me until they can be found homes. The other option is to be shipped off to a local animal shelter where the likelihood of euthanasia is approximately 75 percent for them. Not only do they stay with me, I pay for all of their food and medical care out of my part time salary and along with the volunteers. I come to the animal control on Saturdays and Sundays to care for these animals along with a group of dedicated volunteers who also care that the animals are properly cared for.

There are also elderly residents who have a difficult time feeding themselves much less their animals, once again, a group of volunteers and myself make sure that they have enough food for their animals as the animals are usually the only companions they have at their advanced ages.

As for you Big Guy, if there is a barking complaint it comes in through our dispatch system or our animal control phone. All complaints must be addressed, that is why there are different departments in Oak Forest.

Upon reading your "blog spot" that you posted a link to, that complainant is sorely mistaken, There was not a forensic expert in court stating a copy and paste took place, it was ruled an original document signed by his wife. I was there and testified, feel free to take a field trip to the Markham courthouse and look up the ruling. Did a different judge find them not guilty of animal neglect? Absolutely, a completely different judge and different hearing. That due to the fact that their vet testified that the severe matting on their dogs was not painful. Any other vet or groomer would dispute that fact.

Do I assist other agencies? All the time. Midlothian, Tinley Park, Cook County, DNR to name a few. Its not uncommon at all. Do I come in when I'm off duty if I am called out to handle a situation. Absolutely, with no overtime. I do my job and I do it well, not for the money, trust me, but because I truly care about what happens to the animals.

I certainly hopes that answers all of your questions, if not, feel free to contact me thru the animal control number.
Dina

Tinley Park, IL

#6 Apr 3, 2012
Are you freaks for real !!! Apparently none of you know Ruby.She has been the Animal Control Officer for 3 years in Oak Forest.She works part time and does not get ANY benefits.The ANIMALS that are dumped or not claimed Ruby finds them a home.In the mean time Ruby spends her own money to feed them and her own money if they need medical attention.Paul you can tell any story to anyone you want.YOU DID NOT take care of your ANIMALS !!! They were in such BAD shape you couldn't even tell what kind of dogs they were.You can sue anyone that does not mean a damn thing.You didn't get the DOGS back so that should TELL everyone the truth.Before Ruby worked for Oak Forest Animal Control she was a VOLUNTEER at a few Animal Shelters.Please read VOLUNTEER..She also was an Humane Investigator.She truly DOES not deserve getting slammed from you ignorant people.The people that have ANYTHING NEGATIVE to say about her are the ones that need to look in the mirror.If you didn't NEGLECT OR ABUSE your animals there would be NO reason for your COMMENTS!!!
Oak Forester

Oak Forest, IL

#7 Apr 3, 2012
Dina wrote:
Are you freaks for real !!! Apparently none of you know Ruby.She has been the Animal Control Officer for 3 years in Oak Forest.She works part time and does not get ANY benefits.The ANIMALS that are dumped or not claimed Ruby finds them a home.In the mean time Ruby spends her own money to feed them and her own money if they need medical attention.Paul you can tell any story to anyone you want.YOU DID NOT take care of your ANIMALS !!! They were in such BAD shape you couldn't even tell what kind of dogs they were.You can sue anyone that does not mean a damn thing.You didn't get the DOGS back so that should TELL everyone the truth.Before Ruby worked for Oak Forest Animal Control she was a VOLUNTEER at a few Animal Shelters.Please read VOLUNTEER..She also was an Humane Investigator.She truly DOES not deserve getting slammed from you ignorant people.The people that have ANYTHING NEGATIVE to say about her are the ones that need to look in the mirror.If you didn't NEGLECT OR ABUSE your animals there would be NO reason for your COMMENTS!!!
Dina is correct. Ruby is a credit to her position, and should be made full time. As usual, posters jump the gun without knowing what they are talking about or are pissed off because they got in trouble with Anumal Control or the police. Ruby, don't put any stock in what these idiots say, they have no credit. Big Guy 2011 doesn't even live in Oak Forest.
Dawn

Tinley Park, IL

#8 Apr 3, 2012
I am a resident of Oak Forest and also run an animal rescue. My adopted dog was rescued by Ruby. If she would not have taken him in and cared for him far past the time that anyone would have expected, he would have been euthanized. Now, he is happy, healthy and loved. This is because of Ruby. I have also volunteered to help her with the animals. I have seen first hand how she cares for these animals. I have seen a lot of animal control officers, and believe me, they do not care what happens to the animals. It is just a job to them. If you are going to judge, you need to have the facts first hand. Volunteer to help at Oak Forest Animal Care and Control, buy some food for the animals, take the dogs for a walk. This is a woman's life and reputation that you are jeopardizing. Please realize how easily your life could be up on the internet for all to see and judge. I don't think any of us would want that to happen us.
Mike- Oak Forest

Frankfort, IL

#9 Apr 3, 2012
I have worked with Ruby for over seven years,both at PAWS-TP(where she was the Humane Investigator-an unpaid position),and at her current position.I know of no one who is more compassionate and dedicated to animals than Ruby.She donates her time and spends her own money to care for animals that no one else cares about.
I think that no one should jump to erroneous conclusions until all the facts are ouy.
Big Guy 2011

Chicago, IL

#10 Apr 4, 2012
Oak Forester wrote:
<quoted text>
Dina is correct. Ruby is a credit to her position, and should be made full time. As usual, posters jump the gun without knowing what they are talking about or are pissed off because they got in trouble with Anumal Control or the police. Ruby, don't put any stock in what these idiots say, they have no credit. Big Guy 2011 doesn't even live in Oak Forest.
Yes, I do live in Oak Forest... and make her full time for what??? her job got easier since she doesnt have to take in the Wild animals anymore.
Dina

Tinley Park, IL

#11 Apr 4, 2012
Big Guy 2011,as Dawn said if you know it ALL.Why don't you go to the Animal Control Office and spend a day there and see exactly what Ruby does.Do you have any CLUE how many stray animals are picked up??There is NEVER a time when that place has NO ANIMALS that are stray or dumped?Why are you hiding behind your real name?Maybe because you are a BIG GUY with a BIG MOUTH !!!Do you do ANYTHING to help the ANIMALS that are picked up in Oak Forest since you say you live there.Are you one of the LOSERS that was arrested for Animal ABUSE OR ANIMAL NEGLECT.Sure sounds like it!! Or are you one of the IDIOTS that does not want a racoon or skunk in your yard??
Big Guy 2011

Chicago, IL

#12 Apr 4, 2012
No i would never abuse an animal.Im just someone who wants what i pay for in property taxes.
Oak Forester

Oak Forest, IL

#13 Apr 4, 2012
To bad you don't pay those taxes to Oak Forest.
Big Guy 2011

Chicago, IL

#14 Apr 4, 2012
The H@ll i dont. The County of Cook Collector begs to differ with you
Lori from Oak Forest

Chicago, IL

#15 Apr 4, 2012
BIG GUY is unfortunately misinformed and very sadly mistaken. Ruby is the kindest most knowledgeable person I have ever dealt that truly loves animals and has had many years of experience in her field. It is easiery to sit on your soapbox and bark crap-no pun intended-then actually back up your facts or as above suggested experience a life in the day of Ruby. But the mst amazing thing is that she loves doing it because it sure as heck is not for the money and lack of any benefits. I have seen and experienced first hand her in action and how she handles these scared, hungry and sick animals on a 24/7 basis. You have options BIG GUY-Stop your complaining or move. It is that simple.

“JPR”

Since: Nov 09

Oak Forest

#16 Apr 4, 2012
I knew the previous animal control officer very well.
I dealt with her as city administrator and she helped me evict a mother raccoon from the attic in my home.
She rescued a few dogs in my neighborhood, and skillfully handled the unlawful traps set by one of my neighbors.
They were live traps set, but ignored so any animal caught would simply die from lack of food or water.
I'm aware of the circumstances of her departure and was quite disappointed with that decision by the city.
I have never met the current animal control officer, but from the sound of the posts, I sure would be honored.
What I do know is people that perform those types of jobs have a real, sincere love of animals.
Given the animal incidents this city is faced with, I do believe it's appropriate that we would have a FULL time animal control officer.

Jim Rossi
jprinbox-topix@yahoo.com
04/04/12 12:35

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#17 Apr 4, 2012
Ruby, When I go to dinner at Aunt Bea's tonight I will tell Andy I want my bullet back for my gun and I will back you up!
Regards,
Barney
Robby

Evanston, IL

#18 Apr 4, 2012
JimRossi wrote:
I knew the previous animal control officer very well.
I dealt with her as city administrator and she helped me evict a mother raccoon from the attic in my home.
She rescued a few dogs in my neighborhood, and skillfully handled the unlawful traps set by one of my neighbors.
They were live traps set, but ignored so any animal caught would simply die from lack of food or water.
I'm aware of the circumstances of her departure and was quite disappointed with that decision by the city.
I have never met the current animal control officer, but from the sound of the posts, I sure would be honored.
What I do know is people that perform those types of jobs have a real, sincere love of animals.
Given the animal incidents this city is faced with, I do believe it's appropriate that we would have a FULL time animal control officer.
Jim Rossi
jprinbox-topix@yahoo.com
04/04/12 12:35
I also knew and worked with the previous Animal Control Officer! She was a credit to this town! Have not ever met the new person, but again in this community and having so so many mayors it has got to be a difficult job! The last Animal Control Officer was told by the Acting Chief at that time, "Either resign or be fired, there is nothing I can do to save your job!" Some of the same old politics of our town! I hope the new person is a very sensitive Officer, since my cows, pigs and chickens are all very well cared for in my house! Now if only the Animal Control person could get rid of all the over-paid positions in this town, then I would give her a full-time job!
Big Guy 2011

Chicago, IL

#19 Apr 4, 2012
Lori from Oak Forest wrote:
BIG GUY is unfortunately misinformed and very sadly mistaken. Ruby is the kindest most knowledgeable person I have ever dealt that truly loves animals and has had many years of experience in her field. It is easiery to sit on your soapbox and bark crap-no pun intended-then actually back up your facts or as above suggested experience a life in the day of Ruby. But the mst amazing thing is that she loves doing it because it sure as heck is not for the money and lack of any benefits. I have seen and experienced first hand her in action and how she handles these scared, hungry and sick animals on a 24/7 basis. You have options BIG GUY-Stop your complaining or move. It is that simple.
Or ill be the next mayor (Since the present one is outta here) and ill make changes

“JPR”

Since: Nov 09

Oak Forest

#20 Apr 4, 2012
Robby wrote:
<quoted text>
I also knew and worked with the previous Animal Control Officer! She was a credit to this town! Have not ever met the new person, but again in this community and having so so many mayors it has got to be a difficult job! The last Animal Control Officer was told by the Acting Chief at that time, "Either resign or be fired, there is nothing I can do to save your job!" Some of the same old politics of our town! I hope the new person is a very sensitive Officer, since my cows, pigs and chickens are all very well cared for in my house! Now if only the Animal Control person could get rid of all the over-paid positions in this town, then I would give her a full-time job!
I couldn't agree more.
I'm not sure if it was this administration, but the aldermen responsible for her dismissal are still there.
It was politics at it's worst in this town.
We have forest preserves and wildlife on all sides.
She was told to perform illegal acts, and refused.
AND, speaking of pigs.
She and I did manage to help a pot bellied pig remain a resident of this town.
Not sure if the Mayor (my boss) knew, but as they say, it never hurt him.
I can't comprehend why a city surrounded by forest preserves wouldn't support a full time animal control officer.

Jim Rossi
jprinbox-topix@yahoo.com
04/04/12 17:00
Caitlin

United States

#21 Apr 4, 2012
If you don't know Ruby you are missing out. Ruby is the most passionate , hardworking , dedicated , and caring to name a few. I grew up looking up to Ruby , she made me the person I am today. She has definitely changed the lives of many furry and human , by caring so much about these animals. I wish you people wouldn't be so quick to judge her because once you meet her you will eat your words. And to big guy I dare you to take a walk in Ruby's shoes for one day .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tinley Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hey Vargas 26 min City Worker 3
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Cali Girl 2014 49,931
Will Davies resign tonite or will he try to han... (Jul '13) 1 hr Tea Party Warrior 64
cwood vote no on home rule 1 hr CrottyStinks 2
Illinois sparks (Jul '12) 2 hr Baseball King 20
Muslim Outrage? 2 hr Father Clooney 9
Get Out of JAWA NOW 4 hr CASA 1
•••
•••
•••

Tinley Park Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Tinley Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Tinley Park News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Tinley Park
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••