Man fatally shot by sheriff's deputie...

Man fatally shot by sheriff's deputies near Tijeras

There are 88 comments on the KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico story from Jun 9, 2008, titled Man fatally shot by sheriff's deputies near Tijeras. In it, KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico reports that:

A man has been fatally shot by Bernalillo County sheriff's deputies after he led them on an automobile chase in Tijeras Canyon east of Albuquerque.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Oopsy Daisy Albuquerque

AOL

#1 Jun 9, 2008
The sheriff says the man's car was stopped after the car's tires were punctured by a spike belt on old Route 66, and the man was shot.

Oh, oh! If the sheriff stops you with a spike belt that punctures yiur tires he/she gets to shoot you?
Oopsy Daisy Albuquerque

AOL

#2 Jun 9, 2008
your
Smart Aleck

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Jun 9, 2008
shot
East Mountain Driver

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Jun 9, 2008
You neglect to mention that the police closed old 66 for at least 5 hours last night. Someone coming East on I40 trying to get to Cedar Crest would get off at Tijeras only to find they had to drive back to Carnuel, get on I40 to Sedillo Hill (Zuzax is closed due to construction), and then come back to the North 14 exit. A round trip total of 24.3 miles. In any other state, the police would have opened one lane of traffic rather than force so many drivers to go so far out of their way.
Walker

San Jose, CA

#5 Jun 9, 2008
East Mountain Driver wrote:
You neglect to mention that the police closed old 66 for at least 5 hours last night. Someone coming East on I40 trying to get to Cedar Crest would get off at Tijeras only to find they had to drive back to Carnuel, get on I40 to Sedillo Hill (Zuzax is closed due to construction), and then come back to the North 14 exit. A round trip total of 24.3 miles. In any other state, the police would have opened one lane of traffic rather than force so many drivers to go so far out of their way.
The sheriff’s department had to shot man and your upset because you were inconvenient by 24.3 miles. Boy, aren’t we a little self-centered.

“RIP Murphdog 1/17/65-6/5/07”

Since: Apr 08

Perth Amboy NJ

#6 Jun 9, 2008
My condolences to the family. I am sorry for your loss.
concaseo

Meridian, ID

#7 Jun 9, 2008
East Mountain Driver wrote:
Who cares about anyone in the east mountains?
Ivan Sanchez

AOL

#8 Jun 9, 2008
When sirens sound off and lights are flashing and you know it’s for you and you refuse to stop, you pretty near have chosen your fate! So let’s stop blaming cops for one’s stupidity!
I give credit to our law enforcements for trying to protect our communities in which some of us just don't seem to appreciate at all!
BooHoo

Montgomery, AL

#9 Jun 9, 2008
our policemen do not get paid enough money to be killed by some dope.
this is one for our police.
dagnabit9

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Jun 9, 2008
Oh, and it's OK for trigger-happy law enforcement officers to indisciminately snuff out a human life? I think the reason to use deadly force after 'some sort of altercation' needs a bit more justification, don't you?
George

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Jun 9, 2008
Anything for some paid time off it seems. Be careful out there folks.
hisownself

Gulfport, MS

#12 Jun 9, 2008
No....doing that chase thingy with blood on ya pretty mcu tells me you ain't up to no good, probably....stop, cooperate, get a ticket, and move along....run under those circumstances and any sudden move....BANG, BANG! Probelm resolved!
Linda

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Jun 9, 2008
I don't know if I missed something here but I don't recall seeing any explanation as to why the individual was shot. But I see a whole lot of people ready to condem the deputies involved. These deputies put their lives on the line (do you remember the deputy killed a year or so ago in Tijeras on a routine traffic stop?)every day. They are not trigger happy. The nightmares suffered by anybody who has had to shoot another person are unbelieveable. Ask any Veteran. You folks weren't there - you don't know what happened!
dan

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Jun 9, 2008
I still want to know where the blood came from that was on this guy in the first place.I don't think this story is over yet.
shoot straight damn it

Phoenix, AZ

#15 Jun 9, 2008
Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
The sheriff’s department had to shot man and your upset because you were inconvenient by 24.3 miles. Boy, aren’t we a little self-centered.
You are so right Walker. One other thing I'd like to mention - perhaps, just perhaps now, the road was closed as a security measure to protect citizens from harm. I believe that is one of the responsibilities of the Sheriff's Department. How would you feel "East Mountain Driver" if they allowed one lane to be open and some innocent traveler got shot? Would that be a huge inovenience to you?

Since: May 08

Rio Rancho, NM

#16 Jun 9, 2008
Linda wrote:
You folks weren't there - you don't know what happened!
While true, that's what this board seems to be about. A bunch of people, ignorant to the facts, jumping to conclusions. Rarely a day goes by that a court case or investigation is completed via a news report. What we get are bits and pieces of a story. Enough to make us curious.

Most of us are intelligent enough to get that. But, as you see, others either aren't that intuitive or they just act dumb :-)

I think if people were made to identify themselves, you'd see less nonsense and spouting off on here. That, or some people just don't mind looking the fool...

“say congrats I'm a new grandpa”

Since: Dec 07

Dulce NM

#17 Jun 9, 2008
This story is badly written...
Reading it I was thinking the cops only stopped the man so they could shoot him... Guess its lots easier to do if he's not moving....

Just last week my teen son was covered in blood... he had a nose bleed from it being so dry lately... Good thing the deputies didn't see that...
Truth B Told

Sterling Heights, MI

#18 Jun 9, 2008
This was suicide by police. The blood was from a domestic incident that occured minutes before. He was on parole and had a past record of domestic violence, substance abuse, and steroid use. In his mind he had no choice. If he had been shot in the leg or knee his drama would continue with court and eventually prison. Now he's at peace. Regardless of what peole think this was the best outcome. He is with God now who is all merciful and forgiving.
S_T_f_u

Albuquerque, NM

#19 Jun 9, 2008
good shoot,FTW.
concaseo

Meridian, ID

#20 Jun 9, 2008
The police can shoot anyone they want. Thats why I carry cash an am always ready to pleasure an officer if so ordered.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tijeras Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Court rules Gov. Martinez vetoes invalid Aug 12 more 3
Starbucks in Los Lunas "Warning about a Golddig... (Jan '17) Aug 8 Carl W 6
Child molestor ALERT Aug 7 The more you know 1
News New Mexico Public Education Secretary Skandera ... Jul '17 oakie 13
Los Chavez Tweakers (Dec '16) Apr '17 chainz 2
News Los Lunas homes showing foundation problems (Jan '08) Apr '17 HOHI 195
News Breeder under fire for running 'puppy mill' (Jan '09) Apr '17 Debra Buckhorn 228

Tijeras Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tijeras Mortgages