Baby's remains found in box in empty ...

Baby's remains found in box in empty Tijeras lot (5:03 a.m.)

There are 42 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Mar 29, 2010, titled Baby's remains found in box in empty Tijeras lot (5:03 a.m.). In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Investigators are looking for clues after a baby's remains were found in a box in a vacant lot in the mountains east of Albuquerque, N.M. Bernalillo County Sheriff's Deputy Lawrence Koren says a man who recently bought the unfenced lot was clearing debris Sunday when he discovered the box, about 30 yards west of New Mexico highway 14.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Disturbing

Las Cruces, NM

#1 Mar 29, 2010
Wow this is so sick! What kind of person would leave a baby in a box?

Since: Jun 08

Las Cruces, NM

#2 Mar 29, 2010
Disturbing wrote:
Wow this is so sick! What kind of person would leave a baby in a box?
The same kind of person who would kill a baby before it was born.
poor thing

United States

#3 Mar 29, 2010
oh poor baby. may you finally rest in peace!
also, may the person(s) that gave you such a sacreligious grave suffer terribly.

my theory is, it was probably a very young mother that didnt know any better.

“Irony, metaphor, film @ eleven”

Since: Feb 08

Old Mesilla/New Las Cruces

#4 Mar 29, 2010
This found box was intended to be found by someone, at some time. Accidentally. Who ever put this box and dead baby there must have glanced over into that direction every single time they passed by.

And they will, still, long after the baby has
been buried in it's new nameless "Baby Doe" grave.

Somehow, I do hope the mother is caught & punished appropriately for such a heartless way of disposing of "her problem".

“Eys so hendsum!”

Since: Jun 09

Ol' Juarez

#5 Mar 29, 2010
Thomas F Schraad wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong!!

Las Cruces, NM

#6 Mar 29, 2010
fmer505-1951 wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong!!
You do not say why I am wrong. In both cases the mothers killed their child. Two mothers who did not want their child. Two mothers who did not love their child. Two mothers where the child was an inconvenience. Two children dead.

Morally speaking, one killed her child and the other hired someone to kill her child.
Disturbing

Las Cruces, NM

#7 Apr 6, 2010
Thomas F Schraad wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed!

“Eys so hendsum!”

Ol' Juarez

#8 Apr 6, 2010
Thomas F Schraad wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not say why I am wrong. In both cases the mothers killed their child. Two mothers who did not want their child. Two mothers who did not love their child. Two mothers where the child was an inconvenience. Two children dead.
Morally speaking, one killed her child and the other hired someone to kill her child.
If you can't figure it out why your statement is incorrect, can't help you, because it is as plain as the nose on your face.

Las Cruces, NM

#9 Apr 6, 2010
fmer505-1951 wrote:
<quoted text>If you can't figure it out why your statement is incorrect, can't help you, because it is as plain as the nose on your face.
No, I cannot figure it out why you think my statement is incorrect. So I ask you again, why?

Disturbing wrote:
“Wow this is so sick! What kind of person would leave a baby in a box?"

I replied:
"The same kind of person who would kill a baby before it was born"

You claim I was wrong and I answered:
"You do not say why I am wrong. In both cases the mothers killed their child. Two mothers who did not want their child. Two mothers who did not love their child. Two mothers where the child was an inconvenience. Two children dead."

I will also add - Two mothers who will live the rest of their lives knowing that they killed a living human being. Sad.

“Eys so hendsum!”

Ol' Juarez

#10 Apr 6, 2010
Thomas F Schraad wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I cannot figure it out why you think my statement is incorrect. So I ask you again, why?
Disturbing wrote:
“Wow this is so sick! What kind of person would leave a baby in a box?"
I replied:
You claim I was wrong and I answered:
"You do not say why I am wrong. In both cases the mothers killed their child. Two mothers who did not want their child. Two mothers who did not love their child. Two mothers where the child was an inconvenience. Two children dead."
I will also add - Two mothers who will live the rest of their lives knowing that they killed a living human being. Sad.
Abortion is not murder, it is a woman's right to choose. It is not a baby but a fetus. If you and the rest of the anti abortion people don't want women to have them, then take all these fetuses in, and you support them monetarily, regardless of whether you can afford it or not. The thing that I find more amazing is that you all sit there and judge, but WHO made YOU ALL GOD? Whether right or wrong, in the end we will all be judged but certainly not by any of you.

Las Cruces, NM

#11 Apr 6, 2010
fmer505-1951 wrote:
<quoted text>Abortion is not murder, it is a woman's right to choose. It is not a baby but a fetus. If you and the rest of the anti abortion people don't want women to have them, then take all these fetuses in, and you support them monetarily, regardless of whether you can afford it or not. The thing that I find more amazing is that you all sit there and judge, but WHO made YOU ALL GOD? Whether right or wrong, in the end we will all be judged but certainly not by any of you.
I never said abortion was murder although some legal systems are charging those who kill the unborn, with murder.

Yes, our laws state that a woman can pay for the killing of her unborn living human being. If she kills her living unborn human being herself, she can be legally charged.

You do not know if the child in the box was killed after birth or during birth. As the abortionist kills the child during a partial birth abortion so the woman could have done the same thing. So the big new question is really “why do people think that it is terrible if a mother kills her child when it is not a big thing if she pays someone to kill her child.

Maybe we should do like they do in the Netherlands and if the parents agree, they can kill their child up to the age of twelve. Now if we passed a law saying this was now legal in the United States, would you think it would be terrible if you found some dead children (under twelve) in your backyard?

Now getting back to the main question, "What kind of person would do such a terrible deed" and my answer is still correct, a mother who either pays someone or kills her unborn child because her baby is an inconvenience. A very selfish, irresponsible, unloving mother committing a terrible serious sin. SAD.

“Eys so hendsum!”

Ol' Juarez

#12 Apr 6, 2010
Thomas F Schraad wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said abortion was murder although some legal systems are charging those who kill the unborn, with murder.
Yes, our laws state that a woman can pay for the killing of her unborn living human being. If she kills her living unborn human being herself, she can be legally charged.
You do not know if the child in the box was killed after birth or during birth. As the abortionist kills the child during a partial birth abortion so the woman could have done the same thing. So the big new question is really “why do people think that it is terrible if a mother kills her child when it is not a big thing if she pays someone to kill her child.
Maybe we should do like they do in the Netherlands and if the parents agree, they can kill their child up to the age of twelve. Now if we passed a law saying this was now legal in the United States, would you think it would be terrible if you found some dead children (under twelve) in your backyard?
Now getting back to the main question, "What kind of person would do such a terrible deed" and my answer is still correct, a mother who either pays someone or kills her unborn child because her baby is an inconvenience. A very selfish, irresponsible, unloving mother committing a terrible serious sin. SAD.
Oh come on lets get real. You are trying to hard to justify the fact that you are an anti abortionist, you're "scare" tactics are to far fetched. So my question is, Are you willing to go and tell say 100 women that are planning to have an abortion, that if they don't, that you will pay all their medical costs, they legally allow you to adopt and in a legal contract that you will support and provide for the fetuses when they are born and considered children. You will provide all necessary medical, dental and education for them. Are you willing to do such? Not just words but actually doing it.

“26.2”

Since: Feb 08

Santa Fe, NM

#13 Apr 6, 2010
Thomas F Schraad wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion is legal in the United States of America, whether you like it or not, and it does not appear likely that the law will be repealed anytime soon. Feel free to move to a country with a theocratic government, like Iran, where they don't have to worry about separation of church from state.

Since: Oct 09

Los Alamos, NM

#14 Apr 7, 2010
Abortion is legal, but I'll play devil's advocate and say, so is his right to speak out against it.

Me, I'm not a woman, so it really <shouldn't> concern me, and where I do take offense is anti-abortionists killing the doctors that perform the abortions.

As long as they don't do that, I have no problem with them voicing their opinions.
Tremblor

Clovis, NM

#15 Apr 7, 2010
Probably punishment for being collicky
K Degenerados

AOL

#16 Apr 7, 2010
Whoever the person was, she/he/they also had the perverse sense of humor to place the child in a cardboard box which had the trade name "Parents' Choice". Now, if that doesn't tell you this was a malicious and callous act for which they have absolutely no remorse, I don't know what does! You can't tell me they couldn't find any other box to use if it had just been an accidental death and they acted under duress and diminished capacity!
K Degenerados

AOL

#17 Apr 7, 2010
Thomas F Schraad wrote:
<quoted text>
Buzzer. Nope. Sorry, dude. Wrong answer.

Las Cruces, NM

#18 Apr 7, 2010
fmer505-1951 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh come on lets get real. You are trying to hard to justify the fact that you are an anti abortionist, you're "scare" tactics are to far fetched. So my question is, Are you willing to go and tell say 100 women that are planning to have an abortion, that if they don't, that you will pay all their medical costs, they legally allow you to adopt and in a legal contract that you will support and provide for the fetuses when they are born and considered children. You will provide all necessary medical, dental and education for them. Are you willing to do such? Not just words but actually doing it.
Not a very logical answer. I was also against Obama's health care plan. Does that mean that I would be responsible for all the health care of all the people in the United States that did not have health care? Your reply is flawed. How about the woman be responsible for her actions. Abstinence never fails.

I do not have to justify that I am Pro Life. Even I will defend your right to life. Killing your children because you are inconvenience is selfish.

If your opinion is correct, why not kill anyone that inconvenience you. Your attitude is the reason why our country is sliding down a very slippery slope.

Killing an innocent human being or approving the killing is really very SAD.

Las Cruces, NM

#19 Apr 7, 2010
Lobo Viejo wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion is legal in the United States of America, whether you like it or not, and it does not appear likely that the law will be repealed anytime soon. Feel free to move to a country with a theocratic government, like Iran, where they don't have to worry about separation of church from state.
What does your reply have to do with my comment?

My reply was:

The question was:
What kind of person would commit this terrible deed

In both cases, the mother wanted to kill her child. Both did. You cannot say that one mother done a terrible thing while the other mother is being praised for the same act.

“Eys so hendsum!”

Ol' Juarez

#20 Apr 7, 2010
Thomas F Schraad wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a very logical answer. I was also against Obama's health care plan. Does that mean that I would be responsible for all the health care of all the people in the United States that did not have health care? Your reply is flawed. How about the woman be responsible for her actions. Abstinence never fails.
I do not have to justify that I am Pro Life. Even I will defend your right to life. Killing your children because you are inconvenience is selfish.
If your opinion is correct, why not kill anyone that inconvenience you. Your attitude is the reason why our country is sliding down a very slippery slope.
Killing an innocent human being or approving the killing is really very SAD.
Abstinence never fails, right, well does that mean that if you are married, you aren't going to touch your wife? Or, if you have a committed partner, you are not going to just hold hands? Hello, this is Leave It To Beaver, and by your reply I would assume, please correct me if I am wrong, that you are referring to adolescents? So again, you will complain about women having abortions but yet unwilling to put your money where your mouth is? Am I surprised, no, not even.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tijeras Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Edgewood May '15 Edward 1
Los Lunas parents getting charged for student t... May '15 Dlbrown 1
School board candidate defends high school game... Mar '15 Customer 3
News Parents arrested for kids' truancy (Mar '11) Jan '15 GOPeee 24
Review: Complete Fire Protection Jan '15 advert 2
Review: The Loak Shop (Dec '14) Dec '14 karuna jaya 1
News UPDATE: Failure to communicate? Qwest service r... (Dec '10) Nov '14 Gregory362 80
More from around the web

Tijeras People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Tijeras Mortgages