Thieves target Tijeras water

Full story: KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico

Thieves are targeting the Village of Tijeras, but they're not interested in electronics or jewelry.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Hello De La Muerta”

Since: Dec 08

Die Die Die Die Kitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2009

Water ya gonna do?
cactus jim

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2009

Judged:

hey all those useless horses have to have water and hay .do you want to be called cruel to animals? that will get you more prison time than murder .oh lord how did we get like this? do gooders.
Drippy

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2009

Judged:

Wow, that looks like a real heavy duty lock. That lock should be able to keep anyone and anything out? LOL

“Liberal Patriot”

Since: Sep 08

Rio Linda, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2009

Judged:

Why isn't Sheriff White on top of this. Put a camera somewhere with a microphone and he will jump in front and comment on the problem. He will claim that the problem was worse before he became sheriff and that the problem is illegals.
electric

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2009

Judged:

Throughout the west, for centuries, more people have fought and died over water and water rights than anything else, including fighting over women, horses and cattle.

Drought will only get worse if we do not tackle global warming.
No H2O

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2009

Judged:

"Global Warming"... LOL... keep drinking the coolaid
electric wrote:
Throughout the west, for centuries, more people have fought and died over water and water rights than anything else, including fighting over women, horses and cattle.
Drought will only get worse if we do not tackle global warming.
Charles

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2009

Judged:

New Mexican wrote:
Why isn't Sheriff White on top of this. Put a camera somewhere with a microphone and he will jump in front and comment on the problem. He will claim that the problem was worse before he became sheriff and that the problem is illegals.
You no absolutely nothing what you are talking about. But your address in California says it all.
cactus jim

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2009

Judged:

Charles wrote:
<quoted text>
You no absolutely nothing what you are talking about. But your address in California says it all.
when will people get it through your heads that the i.s.p. address is not the location of where the comments originate . mine says several locations none of which are near where i live. so as the motto of the college in Animal House says"Knowledge Is Good ".
electric

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2009

Judged:

No H2O wrote:
"Global Warming"... LOL... keep drinking the coolaid
<quoted text>
I don't care for coolaid, thanks anyway.

So the polar ice caps are supposed to be melting?
And we will lose the polar bears because their melting is part of a natural cycle?
Dave

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2009

Judged:

One can see water trucks in broad daylight At any time of day tapping the hydrant on 66 entering Tieras.

Send a cope over there and make an easy bust.
Dave

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2009

Judged:

Geez, the cops run a speed trap at this location from time to time.

You'd think they could catch the water thieves working in broad daylight.
desert dweller

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2009

Judged:

Electric....yea, it is a natural cycle. What's so hard to understand? This has been going on since the beginning of time. Why all of a sudden are people freaking out about it?
This global warming crisis is nothing more than hype from those who are making a profit off it. Boy, are they ever, too! Just look at Al Bore. Long as people like you keep up the hype he'll be rolling in the dough!Too bad you got sucked into it! But it's not too late to get your head screwed on right!
MichaelMichael

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2009

Judged:

I still don't know where the water is going to! Who could you sell it to? Unless it's being halted Southward!

“The Travelling Grandpa!”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2009

Judged:

Chavez says the village has had to raise water rates to make up for the missing water.
This tells you that the village is more concerned about the revenue they may lose than they are about the residents basic need for water.
Dave

Irvington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2009

Judged:

Ren wrote:
Who owns a water truck????
Isn't a water truck pretty easy to spot?
Anyone who's ever driven East on 66 towards Tijeras around noon time has seen water tankers filling up at the hydrant.

There are plenty of people living in East mountain who must have water trucked in.

I'm sure some of these water tankers are making easy money selling stolen water.

APD should go after the trucks filling up at the hydrant along 66 instead of running a speed trap.

Dave

Irvington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2009

Judged:

Who would question these trucks filling up at a hydrant anyway?

As far as most people are concerned, its just another state government operation.

Stealing water close to Tijeras and hauling it a short distance and selling to East Mountain residence would be an easy scam.

No H2O

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2009

Yep, all part of the natural cycle.
electric wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care for coolaid, thanks anyway.
So the polar ice caps are supposed to be melting?
And we will lose the polar bears because their melting is part of a natural cycle?
electric

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2009

No H2O wrote:
Yep, all part of the natural cycle.
<quoted text>
Well. If that's true...well. It is not all right with me, for the poles to thaw, etc. It simply isn't okay.

Mommy Nature did not check with me first!

Seriously, though. I think there's something to the global warming theory. I'm trying to make my home as green as possible, and to have as much water collection as possible, to try to save my trees, shrubs, roses. Maybe if I live to be extremely old, I'll be collecting rainwater for drinking. I think we could be heading into such conditions. Hope I'm wrong. But I'm worried.
Richard

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2009

do not steel Tijeras gov.hates compition
LAF

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2009

The Mayor of Tijeras says this is water theft is stealing from the "taxpayers" when as I understand it, people there pay for their water; therefore she meant citizens. Another dumb Chavez mayor. Mayor Chavez indeed,

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Tijeras Discussions

Search the Tijeras Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Adults tortured kids with battery (Jun '09) Jul 4 Noneofyourbusiness 31
Review: Main Street Muscle & Fitness Center Jun 18 Michelle 3
NM Republican Martinez claims NM governor's seat (Nov '10) May '14 kyle richards 232
Los Lunas chief dealt with similar case to that... (Aug '09) May '14 Steve Garcia 9
Review: Saint Anthonys Home Health Care Services May '14 Maira Aponte 1
im looking for an old friend (Feb '07) Apr '14 env 14
Sherif Louis Burkhard Apr '14 Mario Vega 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Tijeras Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••