Train Wrecks
RR Hobo

Albany, GA

#1 Feb 8, 2010
When will people learn that trains CAN NOT STOP on a dime. As many may know, not only did we have one train wreck yesterday, we actually had two with in hours of each other. I send my condolences to the family of the teenagers killed in Tifton and at the same time I ask "why." "Why" did the driver try to beat the train: when the crossing lights are activated; the driver sees the train, sees the trains headlight and ditch lights flashing; the driver hears the horn and bell sounding. "Why" not take the time to stop and wait less than 10 minutes to let the train pass and then go about their life. So many unanswered questions and a lack of patience. For those of you that do not know it can take a train over a quarter of a mile to stop. When approaching RR grade crossings please STOP,LOOK, LISTEN and LIVE. The life you save may be your own. When you try to beat a train not only are you affecting your life, but also your loved ones and the train crew. Any and all wrecks affect the train crew physically, emotionally and psychologically. We do not intentionally try to go hurt or kill anyone and we try our best to clear any and all crossings as quickly as possible while at the same time handling our train in a safe manner and within the limits of the federal law. PLEASE members of the community remember: 1)When approaching RR grade crossings STOP, LOOK, LISTEN and LIVE...THE LIFE YOU SAVE MAY BE YOUR OWN, 2)It takes a train going track speed at least a one quater mile to come to a complete stop and that we CANNOT STOP ON A DIME, 3) Have a little patience and DO NOT TRY TO BEAT A TRAIN.
RR Hobo

Albany, GA

#2 Feb 9, 2010
I can't believe that there is no comments and feedback. I guess noone in Tifton trys to beat the train so the community and train crew are safe from future wrecks...YAY!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tifton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Honey Bee Swarm Removal Tifton & Surrounding Co... Mar 13 Happy Gardner 1
Ty Ty Music Thread (Apr '14) Mar 12 Musikologist 9
Bowling alley Mar 12 Jason 1
anyone know a victoria dalton/folsom (Sep '09) Mar 7 Demore 51
Looking for a relative of Kyleen Burdick Feb 25 Clint Likker 3
Taco bell on 82 is racist (Aug '17) Feb 25 Clint Likker 3
Allen Davis Feb 25 Clint Likker 3

Tifton Jobs

Personal Finance

Tifton Mortgages