Rainbow Family eyes Carson for gathering

Rainbow Family eyes Carson for gathering

There are 33 comments on the The Santa Fe New Mexican story from Mar 18, 2009, titled Rainbow Family eyes Carson for gathering. In it, The Santa Fe New Mexican reports that:

TAOS a ' Representatives of the Rainbow Family have been talking with Carson National Forest rangers about holding the group's July 2009 gathering near Tres Piedras.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Santa Fe New Mexican.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Crash129

Salt Lake City, UT

#22 Apr 7, 2009
mtnman wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing like a know-it-all from Los Alamos. I live in Tres Piedras, so don't tell me where to invite the Rainbows. I also worked as a wildland firefighter for 6 weeks in May and June 2000 to help save your town during the Cerro Grande Fire. I also had a US Forest Service thinning contract right near the last Rainbow Gathering here in the Tres Piedras area in 1995, and I got shut down by the USFS because they were concerned about the Rainbows safety. Don't assume you know anything about me, Why Not. The address you see is because my IP address is via satellite.
BTW - most of the Rainbows ARE sorta hippies, and they are already here with their seed camp.
Bravo for saving Los Alamos and for all your hard work in wildland firefighting.....Have you seen their seed camp?
Tom Emmons

Denver, CO

#23 Apr 7, 2009
FOREST SERVICE TO ARREST MEDICAL MARIJUANA PATIENTS IN NATIONAL FOREST AT RAINBOW GATHERING
PROTEST AT RAINBOW GATHERING

I am a registered Medical Marijuana Patient in the State of Colorado. I am 58 years old and am now disabled and on SSDI from childhood Polio. I will be coming to New Mexico this summer to camp in the National Forests and to enjoy the Rainbow Gathering..

In light of the Presidents new policy halting raids on medical marijuana dispensaries, I contacted the USFS Regional Offices in Albuquerque. In a series of emails with

Judith Yandoh
Southwestern Regional Office
Recreation Special Use Program

it was made clear that regardless of the President's Policy or New Mexico Medical Marijuana Laws for NM Citizens, the United States Forest Services Law Enforcement plans on making arrests on Medical Marijuana Patients throughout National Forests this summer.
I and other Medical Marijuana Patients from NM, Colorado and other states will protesting at the National Forest Service Office closest to the Rainbow Gatherng.
bodhi

Englewood, CO

#24 Apr 7, 2009
"filthy hippie scum" - do you people really live in the 21th Century?
Despite the obvious intolerance and ignorance being displayed here, I invite everyone reading these words to come out and spend a day out in the forest with the Rainbow Family.
Our purpose in "invading" your area is to gather together and pray for world peace.

Anybody have a problem here with World Peace?

We are a worldwide spiritual family made of of many faiths - Native American, Pagan, Christian(we have hundreds of Christians attending our gatherings) Hindus from India, Rabbis from Israel (check out Jerusalem Camp on Shabbat) Wiccans, New Agers, Buddhists. Thousands of us gathering in a circle on the Fourth of July to pray for World Peace.

Anybody have a problem here with expressing your religious faith in public?

Many attending the gatherings are folks just like you. They're married, have kids, good jobs, and take their summer vacations at the Rainbow Gathering (Check out Kiddie Village)Many attend to stand up for their freedom of Speech and their freedom to gather in public to express their faith.

Anybody have a problem here with the Consistution?

Many of the folks making comments here appear to be bitter and unloved. Come visit us this summer and heal with us out in the forest. We love you.

You may hate us,despises us, and persecute us.
But we still love you.
Human Being

San Diego, CA

#25 Apr 7, 2009
I think most of us know the what happens to people who assume, so I won't spell it out. As to who may come, don't assume you know. Proably when all is said and done, you'll be there having an amazing time. Seems like it happens every year. I know it's scary when your world encounters those of other people.
Peace

Denver, CO

#26 Apr 13, 2009
There is so much ignorance and blind prejudice in this discussion it shames me to think you commentors are from New Mexico, a state I had always found to be more open minded and loving than most, but maybe I am wrong, at least on this discussion there seems to be a bitter bunch. Bitter at life, not any "rainbows" you know nothing about. One thing you won't be able to do is keep the event from happenning, so I suggest you find out where it is at and go there for a couple days so next time you post in a discussion like this you don't all sound like a bunch of Archie Bunkers!

Peace
this

Santa Fe, NM

#27 Apr 13, 2009
Peace wrote:
There is so much ignorance and blind prejudice in this discussion it shames me to think you commentors are from New Mexico, a state I had always found to be more open minded and loving than most, but maybe I am wrong, at least on this discussion there seems to be a bitter bunch. Bitter at life, not any "rainbows" you know nothing about. One thing you won't be able to do is keep the event from happenning, so I suggest you find out where it is at and go there for a couple days so next time you post in a discussion like this you don't all sound like a bunch of Archie Bunkers!
Peace
topix thing attracts the bottom feeders. Don't give it a thought.
In Santa Fe

Los Alamos, NM

#30 Apr 14, 2009
I hope it rains non stop...If nothing else,Maybe it wont smell as bad..
When

Santa Fe, NM

#32 Apr 14, 2009
Freedom Rider wrote:
How do we peacefully and non-violently seize the college of santa fe, the parking lots at the new mexican and the golf courses at Las Campanas?
We vote people into office who will acquire them as parkland of course. Eminent domain. Happens all the time. How in the world would anyone think my post suggested anything else?
you talk crazy and ramble on incoherently about some off the wall revolution, expect to be misunderstood.
Stay

Santa Fe, NM

#33 Apr 14, 2009
In Santa Fe wrote:
I hope it rains non stop...If nothing else,Maybe it wont smell as bad..
away yourself, that would help.
the girl

Albany, OR

#35 Apr 24, 2009
we love you

“You probably already know me.”

Since: Sep 08

Santa Fe

#36 Apr 24, 2009
And this might be part of the problem.
the girl wrote:
we love you
Karin

San Diego, CA

#37 May 13, 2009
For the real information on what's happening with this gathering, visit http://newmexicogathering.blogspot.com
i know

Mernda, Australia

#39 Mar 21, 2013
mtnman wrote:
There are some real ignorant wingnuts out there. The Rainbow Gathering is a bunch of hippies coming together from all over the country to trip on acid and dance naked in the woods. They don't have anything to do with ACORN or the Rainbow Coalition. Some of you folks seem really confused...
well they anit that organized and are not hippes although they appear to be as there agenda is to undermine old spiritulism and cultres under the guise of helping them!! self centred fk wits where as hippes are not

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tierra Amarilla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New construction? on 285 north of Tres Piedras Apr '17 Highlander 1
finding your own business to worry about Jan '17 gyver 1
truth about dulce (May '13) Oct '16 iowa boy 3
News Book: Extraterrestrials create Hell Underground... (Dec '11) May '15 New Perspective 6
Dulce to be featured on Wednesday, March 25 His... (Mar '09) May '15 Wiki 2
News Jicarilla jingle dress (Feb '06) May '15 Wanda 2
News Fatal DWI prompts probe of buisness (Jul '13) Jul '13 Noneya 1

Tierra Amarilla Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tierra Amarilla Mortgages