Rainbow Family eyes Carson for gathering

TAOS a ' Representatives of the Rainbow Family have been talking with Carson National Forest rangers about holding the group's July 2009 gathering near Tres Piedras. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Charlee Myers

United States

#1 Mar 19, 2009
Can't wait for this one! Living in Tres Piedras, the last Rainbow gathering was a total zoo here. Woke up one morning in 1995 during the gathering to find an abandoned - it turned out to be stolen - truck in my rural driveway. It took hours for any police to show up, and then it took me doing some research to not only find out the truck was stolen but even find the Colorado hay farmer who was the owner. Our little town has never been the same, as quite a few Rainbows found cheap land and have stayed here. I for one can live without it being here...
Santa Fean Hunter

Santa Fe, NM

#2 Mar 19, 2009
The area the Rainbow Family (18,000)camped in has never been the same since. Permits must be obtained for more than 75 persons, this must be inforced. and licensed security
should be made manditory.
stinky

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Mar 19, 2009
will portable toilets be provided?
doinky

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Mar 19, 2009
Rainbow people are so 'free' as to be completely unconcerned with the consequences of their actions.

I hope their permit gets denied.
Absolutely

Santa Fe, NM

#5 Mar 19, 2009
hold them to the same standards of any other group using public lands. Any group that large shouldn't be allowed anywhere where the land can't handle. They should consider renting a convention center.
Get a job

Rio Rancho, NM

#6 Mar 19, 2009
Absolutely wrote:
hold them to the same standards of any other group using public lands. Any group that large shouldn't be allowed anywhere where the land can't handle. They should consider renting a convention center.
They should consider paying attention to personal hygiene. Neither is likely to happen.
ted

Taos, NM

#7 Mar 19, 2009
Maybe ACORN can come also,and the Obama Administration can pay them to register more "voters"?
Judge Roy Bean

Bloomington, IN

#8 Mar 19, 2009
This group needs to be ground up for Soylent Green. Pretty much leech's on society
Vot wit mee an aKorn

Rio Rancho, NM

#9 Mar 19, 2009
ted wrote:
Maybe ACORN can come also,and the Obama Administration can pay them to register more "voters"?
I'm sure our president is way ahead of you.
I never thought

Los Alamos, NM

#10 Mar 19, 2009
that the entire area would be better off flooded or burnt than have these scum leave it the way they did last time...Where are the so called "Forest Gaurdians" now?

“You probably already know me.”

Since: Sep 08

Santa Fe

#11 Mar 19, 2009
When did the Rainbow Coalition become a "Family" anyways?
mtnman

United States

#12 Mar 19, 2009
There are some real ignorant wingnuts out there. The Rainbow Gathering is a bunch of hippies coming together from all over the country to trip on acid and dance naked in the woods. They don't have anything to do with ACORN or the Rainbow Coalition. Some of you folks seem really confused...

“You probably already know me.”

Since: Sep 08

Santa Fe

#13 Mar 19, 2009
Or maybe we were *JOKING*.
Why not

Los Alamos, NM

#14 Mar 19, 2009
mtnman wrote:
There are some real ignorant wingnuts out there. The Rainbow Gathering is a bunch of hippies coming together from all over the country to trip on acid and dance naked in the woods. They don't have anything to do with ACORN or the Rainbow Coalition. Some of you folks seem really confused...
invite them to wherever it is that you live.We dont want them here!

Since: Oct 08

Questa, NM

#15 Mar 19, 2009
mtnman wrote:
DON'T even attempt to equate these scum with hippies.....even the true hippies wont' associate with them.....
mtnman

United States

#16 Mar 19, 2009
Why not wrote:
<quoted text>invite them to wherever it is that you live.We dont want them here!
Nothing like a know-it-all from Los Alamos. I live in Tres Piedras, so don't tell me where to invite the Rainbows. I also worked as a wildland firefighter for 6 weeks in May and June 2000 to help save your town during the Cerro Grande Fire. I also had a US Forest Service thinning contract right near the last Rainbow Gathering here in the Tres Piedras area in 1995, and I got shut down by the USFS because they were concerned about the Rainbows safety. Don't assume you know anything about me, Why Not. The address you see is because my IP address is via satellite.

BTW - most of the Rainbows ARE sorta hippies, and they are already here with their seed camp.
crispitycrunchet y

United States

#18 Mar 19, 2009
Phish, And The Dead Are Back On TOUR...! you think 18,000 was bad,, heh heh heh
slick

Mesa, AZ

#19 Mar 23, 2009
We can only hope nature fights back some day. You know, snakes, spiders, and maybe some squirrels making it not so "kind" of an experience for them.
They

Los Alamos, NM

#20 Mar 25, 2009
mtnman wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing like a know-it-all from Los Alamos. I live in Tres Piedras, so don't tell me where to invite the Rainbows. I also worked as a wildland firefighter for 6 weeks in May and June 2000 to help save your town during the Cerro Grande Fire. I also had a US Forest Service thinning contract right near the last Rainbow Gathering here in the Tres Piedras area in 1995, and I got shut down by the USFS because they were concerned about the Rainbows safety. Don't assume you know anything about me, Why Not. The address you see is because my IP address is via satellite.
BTW - most of the Rainbows ARE sorta hippies, and they are already here with their seed camp.
I dont know and I dont care who you are or where you are from.I just know these Rainbow hippies are for the most part not wanted in this state.I dont claim to know everything,but from your post it sounded like you were defending them.I am not from Los Alamos but thanks for fighting the Cerro Grande fire.I assume you got paid for it right?
Little Bear

Colorado Springs, CO

#21 Apr 2, 2009
My Family will be there to clean up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tierra Amarilla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Funeral Service Dec '14 Ted Smith 1
Taos (Jan '14) Jan '14 Don 1
5 free things to do in Taos, NM (Jan '14) Jan '14 West Virginia 1
Fatal DWI prompts probe of buisness (Jul '13) Jul '13 Noneya 1
Debate: Marijuana - Tierra Amarilla, NM (Aug '12) Dec '12 Yvonne 9
Democratic candidate not fit for the bench (Oct '12) Oct '12 NOMOREYEARS 2
Murder trial wrapping up for Hernandez man (Mar '08) Sep '12 christina 26

Winter Storm Warning for Rio Arriba County was issued at February 27 at 2:56AM MST

Tierra Amarilla Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Tierra Amarilla People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:39 pm PST

NFL 5:39PM
Peyton Manning, Broncos working on contract
Yahoo! Sports 6:15 PM
AP source: Manning, Broncos talking about reworking contract
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Breaking Down Broncos' Options at DT in 2015
Bleacher Report11:49 AM
Buzz: Manning Expected to Push for Julius' Return
Bleacher Report10:03 PM
Can Osweiler Be the Broncos' Heir to Manning?