Earned Income Credit - a joke?

Earned Income Credit - a joke?

Posted in the Ticonderoga Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
korea

Warren, VT

#1 Feb 4, 2010
I am so disgusted with all these people getting back 9,000, 10,000, even 12,000 dollars. The government is in debt. people who worked hard to get educated and good jobs pay too many taxes and get nothing back. These people who were lazy, did not go to college get large returns and many I know don't even use it wisely. I know people who will not get married and some not even divorced because they want the largest return. When is the American Dream going to come back and reward those who work. No wonder kids are so lazy these days. They are shown they don't have to work for anything! I hope to hell that they do away with this! Please I pray they do away with this!
Unbelievable

Warrensburg, NY

#4 Feb 4, 2010
Or How about all these people getting tons of money back for all the kids they have and then they get the money and go out and spend it on themselves buying useless things not needed and spend none of the money on the children whom which is getting them all this money!!!
Annie

Crown Point, NY

#5 Feb 5, 2010
New york State is senmding iou's. h&r block has told me this. so don't expect anything from nys for a while
whiners

United States

#6 Feb 5, 2010
Are you losers jealous? It sure sounds that way. I f you don't get much back, that's your problem. Jealousy is an ugly thing. You all need to grow up.
Me Too

Cobleskill, NY

#7 Feb 5, 2010
Keep spitting kids out ppl to get the tax credit!! I know some ppl that actually had kids to get this. I believe in helping ppl but this goes a little far. Why get thousands more back cause you have kids? What about the ppl that work they're asses off all year and only get back like $1200-$2000. We can use a break too. I know of someone who only worked for 5 months this year and got like $8000 because of the IEC. Something is wrong with all of this!!!
whiners

United States

#8 Feb 5, 2010
Me Too wrote:
Keep spitting kids out ppl to get the tax credit!! I know some ppl that actually had kids to get this. I believe in helping ppl but this goes a little far. Why get thousands more back cause you have kids? What about the ppl that work they're asses off all year and only get back like $1200-$2000. We can use a break too. I know of someone who only worked for 5 months this year and got like $8000 because of the IEC. Something is wrong with all of this!!!
WAHHHH!!! WAHHHHH! Will you please stop crying. Don't like it leave the country. Trust me nobody will miss you.
get over it

Massena, NY

#9 Feb 5, 2010
korea wrote:
I am so disgusted with all these people getting back 9,000, 10,000, even 12,000 dollars. The government is in debt. people who worked hard to get educated and good jobs pay too many taxes and get nothing back. These people who were lazy, did not go to college get large returns and many I know don't even use it wisely. I know people who will not get married and some not even divorced because they want the largest return. When is the American Dream going to come back and reward those who work. No wonder kids are so lazy these days. They are shown they don't have to work for anything! I hope to hell that they do away with this! Please I pray they do away with this!
Watch what you say. Many of the people that get large returns, have attended college, are married and are homeowners. I am one of them. I also have children and spend my return wisely. So, don't judge everybody. You arent the only one out there working your butt off to make a living. I bet if you had a little earned income coming back to yourself, you wouldnt be saying a word, now would you?
everyone is due

Schenectady, NY

#10 Feb 5, 2010
my husband and I work full time, own our home and have one child. we are lucky to get back $1000 each year. we either make too little or too much depending on which programs we are trying to be included in. very very sad! I think that it should go across the board, each WORKING American should pay ___% of their income. it shouldn't matter how much you make, make it fair to everyone.
why

United States

#11 Feb 5, 2010
Me Too wrote:
Keep spitting kids out ppl to get the tax credit!! I know some ppl that actually had kids to get this. I believe in helping ppl but this goes a little far. Why get thousands more back cause you have kids? What about the ppl that work they're asses off all year and only get back like $1200-$2000. We can use a break too. I know of someone who only worked for 5 months this year and got like $8000 because of the IEC. Something is wrong with all of this!!!
I think that if this person only worked 5 months and then quit or got fired from their job and then received public assistance then they should have to give the tax money back to public assistance.
liar

Cobleskill, NY

#12 Feb 5, 2010
Sorry but if your a homeowner and make good money and have kids, yea plan on paying in. I feel that people who have low paying jobs, shouldn't get shit back in money. An people who actually work and support there family and have higher paying jobs should get a lot more back. Instead we have to pay in because we make to much but yet you people that blow money get everything handed to you in a platter makes me sick.
ViperSnake

Pittsfield, MA

#13 Feb 5, 2010
Whiners! When I worked I had a great job. I paid mucho dinero to Uncal Sam and The Land of Taxes - NYS! LOL.

Many peopel GET huge refunds because they only claim themselves on their with-holding - they pay that extra money to Uncle Sam and NYS ALL year - then combined with earned income credits, other deductions as well as for the spouse and children they get these huge refunds.
I do agree MANY such large refunds get wasted BUT these refunds are how the system works.
Starve all year, haev a three-day blowout when the govmint check arrives. Some can't even wait, they file for instant refund and fork over a huge chunk of THEIR money to a tax preparer/tax lender, LOL - what a waste.
Now, if NYS is truly sending out IOUs then NYS is keeping YOUR MONEY - KEEP those with-holding exemptions at 1 or 0 so NYS can hoard YOUR money - real intelligence shown with such a move NOT!
Spike

AOL

#14 Feb 5, 2010
Nuzzle on up to the big teet, little piggies, and
suckle your brains out while you can. We are living
on borrowed money...we are living on borrowed time.
It's last call and then out into the cold, dark night we go..... cheers!!
just got one

Cobleskill, NY

#15 Feb 5, 2010
Annie wrote:
New york State is senmding iou's. h&r block has told me this. so don't expect anything from nys for a while
Funny, I just got a refund from NYS today.
Parent

Bolton Landing, NY

#16 Feb 5, 2010
Wow why can't people understand how the income system works to get the big refunds.As someone else wrote in order to get the large refund you claim very few if any on your W-4's,you get zapped real good each and every week by Uncle Sam and at the end of the year you get to zap Uncle Same back when you claim the wife and the three kids and every other credit you are entitled to.Those that get the large earned income credit also have had to earn a paycheck,usually those being paid minimum wage or a bit better and they can get the EIC but not the child tax credit because they end up not owing any taxes.Those that rarely work may get some EIC but not the thousands being reported here.It simply does not work that way.
whiners

Albany, NY

#17 Feb 6, 2010
Parent wrote:
Wow why can't people understand how the income system works to get the big refunds.As someone else wrote in order to get the large refund you claim very few if any on your W-4's,you get zapped real good each and every week by Uncle Sam and at the end of the year you get to zap Uncle Same back when you claim the wife and the three kids and every other credit you are entitled to.Those that get the large earned income credit also have had to earn a paycheck,usually those being paid minimum wage or a bit better and they can get the EIC but not the child tax credit because they end up not owing any taxes.Those that rarely work may get some EIC but not the thousands being reported here.It simply does not work that way.
Unfortunately, Your well put argument will fall on deaf ears. These people that are out here whining about other people's tax refunds, Have no time for facts and truth. All they want is to have everything that they want and nothing for the lower class. You know, The people who usually do all the real work. I say tough beans to these people. If you don't like what you get back from the government. Move. Noone in this country will miss you.
Cathy

Appleton, WI

#18 Feb 26, 2013
Parent wrote:
Wow why can't people understand how the income system works to get the big refunds.As someone else wrote in order to get the large refund you claim very few if any on your W-4's,you get zapped real good each and every week by Uncle Sam and at the end of the year you get to zap Uncle Same back when you claim the wife and the three kids and every other credit you are entitled to.Those that get the large earned income credit also have had to earn a paycheck,usually those being paid minimum wage or a bit better and they can get the EIC but not the child tax credit because they end up not owing any taxes.Those that rarely work may get some EIC but not the thousands being reported here.It simply does not work that way.
Yes it does work that way! I know a family with 4 kids, mom a waitress, dad at home sitting on butt. They got $12,000,000 back in taxes!! Hello! They each of course have the newest smartphones, internet, cable.... So what were you saying?
peat rows

Crown Point, NY

#19 Feb 26, 2013
Cathy wrote:
<quoted text> Yes it does work that way! I know a family with 4 kids, mom a waitress, dad at home sitting on butt. They got $12,000,000 back in taxes!! Hello! They each of course have the newest smartphones, internet, cable.... So what were you saying?
12 million dollars back in taxes? that must be a record or something..you should learn the difference between a comma and a period, so what were you saying?
Hahaha

Crown Point, NY

#20 Feb 26, 2013
LMAO !!!!!!!!!!
Your a little turd

Ticonderoga, NY

#21 Feb 26, 2013
korea wrote:
I am so disgusted with all these people getting back 9,000, 10,000, even 12,000 dollars. The government is in debt. people who worked hard to get educated and good jobs pay too many taxes and get nothing back. These people who were lazy, did not go to college get large returns and many I know don't even use it wisely. I know people who will not get married and some not even divorced because they want the largest return. When is the American Dream going to come back and reward those who work. No wonder kids are so lazy these days. They are shown they don't have to work for anything! I hope to hell that they do away with this! Please I pray they do away with this!
You clueless fool. I make 74000 a year with three rental properties, six tenants and get back 15,000 plus.

My quarterly payments are almost 10k per. Grow a set and give back. Your middle class. Real middle class it's your responsibility.
Sue

United States

#22 May 30, 2013
Consider the fact that many of your college faculty, who went to college a lot, qualify for EIC. The reality of the academic structure is that 76% of faculty at US colleges and universities are contingent/adjunct. Many of these folks work two positions with no benefits and still qualif for the EIC. Those aren't lazy, uneducated people.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/08/education/g... ;
korea wrote:
I am so disgusted with all these people getting back 9,000, 10,000, even 12,000 dollars. The government is in debt. people who worked hard to get educated and good jobs pay too many taxes and get nothing back. These people who were lazy, did not go to college get large returns and many I know don't even use it wisely. I know people who will not get married and some not even divorced because they want the largest return. When is the American Dream going to come back and reward those who work. No wonder kids are so lazy these days. They are shown they don't have to work for anything! I hope to hell that they do away with this! Please I pray they do away with this!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ticonderoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prostitution in Ticonderoga 35 min Jsa 12
drunks makin noise 15 hr john street old f... 2
Dr. Kathleen Huestis 16 hr Agreed 2
Vanessa B nark? Fri Jack sprat 1
Out Of State Dopers Caught & Jailed Thu Burgoyne Dump 2
larry lee and mark barber Jun 23 CountryMama 10
Gossip (Dec '07) Jun 23 Heather1 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ticonderoga Mortgages