State Police roadblock
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned

United States

#1 Apr 30, 2010
Anyone know why the State police, detectives and sherrif dept have a roadblock a few yards south of the Lachute bridge on rt22?
Last time I saw one like that was the hit and run incident @ the Shore Airport intersection. Looks like every officer from a hundred miles around is there. They have you roll down the window, look at your face then the front bumper and say " You're OK, go ahead"
Gotcha

Pittsfield, MA

#2 Apr 30, 2010
Drug bust, way to go nice score guys!!!!
kids

United States

#3 Apr 30, 2010
Gotcha wrote:
Drug bust, way to go nice score guys!!!!
You should wait for mommy to get up before using the internet.
Police State

United States

#4 Apr 30, 2010
Get used to it.

Your tax dollars hard at work!
Concerned

United States

#5 Apr 30, 2010
Quite used to it "Police State", but there are checkpoints and then there are ROADBLOCKS. There was a major truck accident 1/4 mile away from this spot a year or 2 ago and there were only a few cruisers on the scene for that, this morning looked like a police parking lot or parade route.
Was it a drug bust? Glad to hear it if thats the case.
drugs are bad

Latham, NY

#6 Apr 30, 2010
Concerned wrote:
Quite used to it "Police State", but there are checkpoints and then there are ROADBLOCKS. There was a major truck accident 1/4 mile away from this spot a year or 2 ago and there were only a few cruisers on the scene for that, this morning looked like a police parking lot or parade route.
Was it a drug bust? Glad to hear it if thats the case.
A drug bust is where they plan to bring down dealer's user's you name it, that sort of thing
hmm

Adams, MA

#7 Apr 30, 2010
I think there looking for someone, if that is what they did when they stopped you.Usually at a road block they just check your stickers and let you go.
yes

Cobleskill, NY

#8 Apr 30, 2010
Some idiot blew through the checkpoint and was caught with a very large quantity of pot. Good job to all who had a hand in the apprehension.
hookah

Albany, NY

#9 Apr 30, 2010
http://www.ticonderogapolice.org/pressrelease...

biiiiiiiiiggggggg drug bust....go TIPD!!!!!
wow

Troy, NY

#10 Apr 30, 2010
I saw them giving some guy a cavity search. and he had a big smile on his face.
holy moly

United States

#11 Apr 30, 2010
Now if they can just do the right thing with the dope and not smoke it all....
go ti

Ballston Spa, NY

#12 Apr 30, 2010
who was it they dont look like there from around here..she will prolly nark anyways get em all
info

Albany, NY

#13 Apr 30, 2010
Post Start

Adams, MA

#14 Apr 30, 2010
TICONDEROGA -- Police seized nearly 75 pounds of marijuana and arrested two women on felony drug charges after they tried to avoid a traffic stop on Friday morning, according to the Ticonderoga Police Department.

Kelsey A. Jackson, 22, of Akwesasne, was driving with passenger Sheyenne Smoke, 21, of Hogansburg, when they came across a traffic safety checkpoint in Ticonderoga conducted by the New York State Police, the Essex County Sheriff's Department and the U.S. Border Patrol.

Jackson made a sudden U-turn before the checkpoint around 10:40 a.m. and then led Ticonderoga police on a two-mile pursuit, police said.

Once stopped, police searched the vehicle and found 74.9 pounds of marijuana vacuum sealed and packed into two oversized duffle bags.

Police said the street value of that marijuana is estimated to be approximately $250,000.

A preliminary investigation indicated that the marijuana was not for local distribution, police said.

Jackson was charged with first-degree criminal possession of marijuana, a felony, and several traffic offenses, including third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation, improper U-turn, insufficient turn signal and failure to comply with an emergency vehicle.

Smoke was charged with first-degree criminal possession of marijuana, a felony.

Both Jackson and Smoke were arraigned in the Ticonderoga Town Court and sent to Essex County Jail for lack of $100,000 cash bail or $200,000 bail bond.

They are scheduled to appear in court again on May 4.
get it right

Crown Point, NY

#15 May 1, 2010
yes wrote:
Some idiot blew through the checkpoint and was caught with a very large quantity of pot. Good job to all who had a hand in the apprehension.
Get the story right buddy, no one "blew through the check point".
Me too

Cobleskill, NY

#16 May 1, 2010
Drug bust? They got lucky. Now they can roll all over Ti thinking they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. I would have been happier to see if it was cocaine or heroin or pills....but pot. Calm down ppl. Its not a drug...It might be classified as a drug but come on. I cant wait when NY jumps on the bandwagon and starts to legalize it like Maine,Vermont and 13 other states have done. I would rather see ppl smoke this stuff than drink that god damned alcohol. That shit ruins lives!!!
thankless

Albany, NY

#17 May 1, 2010
Me too wrote:
Drug bust? They got lucky. Now they can roll all over Ti thinking they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. I would have been happier to see if it was cocaine or heroin or pills....but pot. Calm down ppl. Its not a drug...It might be classified as a drug but come on. I cant wait when NY jumps on the bandwagon and starts to legalize it like Maine,Vermont and 13 other states have done. I would rather see ppl smoke this stuff than drink that god damned alcohol. That shit ruins lives!!!
I agree 100%! We all complain that they are rolling around writing tickets when they could be getting the drugs off the street. Then when they get the drugs off the street we complain that they should be doing something else. When will they realize that they will NEVER be able to to ANYTHING right!?!?
wtf is wrong with ti

United States

#18 May 1, 2010
lucky or not they got a bunch of dope off the streets. It wouldn't matter if they set it all up you people would find something to put them down on. I have had a lot of problems with ti pd i can't really say i care for most of there actions.. BUT even when they do good for this community all you people do is bash them. There not perfect who is? Give em a damn break anyone of them would face harm to protect you.
Please

Crown Point, NY

#19 May 1, 2010
hookah wrote:
http://www.ticonderogapolice.o rg/pressreleases.htm
biiiiiiiiiggggggg drug bust....go TIPD!!!!!
Read the article in the paper. The NY state police, Essex County Sheriff and the US border patrol. The Ti PD were not involved. They're too busy busting those harded criminals doing (gasp) 43 in a 30.
wtf is wrong with ti

United States

#20 May 1, 2010
Please wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the article in the paper. The NY state police, Essex County Sheriff and the US border patrol. The Ti PD were not involved. They're too busy busting those harded criminals doing (gasp) 43 in a 30.
I'm guessing your one of them "harded criminals" that didn't like the fine..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ticonderoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who works for Abby 11 hr More than 14
DWI with kids 18 hr Goby 14
Justin Handy (Feb '17) 18 hr Dolohus 22
Lisa hunsdon 18 hr BillBob 49
Sheilana labatore 19 hr Tony 6
Cody Tierele (Jan '17) 19 hr Penny 14
Darrin West Sat Teacher 6

Ticonderoga Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ticonderoga Mortgages