Ti hospital has new leader

There are 10 comments on the www.pressrepublican.com story from May 23, 2008, titled Ti hospital has new leader. In it, www.pressrepublican.com reports that:

A St. Lawrence County man is headed to Ticonderoga to become the new chief administrator at Inter-Lakes Health.

Roger A. Masse, the chief executive officer at Clifton-Fine Hospital at Star Lake, will assume the same post at Inter-Lakes on July 19.

Inter-Lakes Board of Directors Chairwoman Joan Grishkot said in a news release that Masse brings more than 38 years of health-care experience to the position.

“We are very pleased that Roger accepted our position and are anxiously awaiting the day he will join us. He comes to Inter-Lakes Health with extensive experience as a CEO in rural New York state, as well as knowledge of state health-care rules and regulations.”

The health-care facility, which includes Moses-Ludington Hospital, a 15-bed critical-access facility and Heritage Commons nursing home, started a search for a new CEO in January, after the resignation of Kevin Haughney from that position.

Haughney remained as chief financial officer, a position he held before taking the reins as CEO in April 2006.

Masse’s salary was not released, but the CEO position at Inter-Lakes was previously listed at more than $125,000 a year.

Grishkot said the health-care complex needed a strong leader like Masse.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.pressrepublican.com.

Just wondering

Cobleskill, NY

#1 May 24, 2008
finaly we got someone that hopefully will work out and turn MLH around. since the last few ended up causing more problems then there was.
crown point

Crown Point, NY

#2 May 24, 2008
they put a press release in the press repub and do not announce it to their employees who work there first, great for moral.
Hoping for real change

Cobleskill, NY

#3 May 24, 2008
More than 125,000 a year and they pay thier staff poverty level wages.
Sad but True

Cobleskill, NY

#4 May 25, 2008
The only change needed are some of the board members and the nursing home dictator. He looks like a good man. I wish him luck becuase he's going to need it.
Ponderer

United States

#5 May 27, 2008
Someone better tell him not to bother unpacking his bags.
Busy

Crown Point, NY

#6 May 28, 2008
The board is the real problem. They are deaf to any internal problems(which their are MANY), they all milk the system but do nothing to improve health care or give any insentive for the employee's to stay. The director of nursing is a two-faced witch that loves nothing better than to make everybodies lives as miserable as hers. I wish the new guy luck. He'll need it if he's going to turn this place around.
Negative as usual

Albany, NY

#7 May 29, 2008
Ponderer wrote:
You are negative as usual. What did you work there too?
Back Again

Fairport, NY

#8 May 29, 2008
A new CEO, isn't that novel?! I have to agree that it is the board that needs the overhauling. Having worked at Moses Ludington I'm well aware of the internal problems and it has nothing to do with the professional staff (i.e. nursing, lab,x-ray); they do the very best they can with what they have to work with, which unfortunately means working with money grubbing hierarchy that is more in tune with how thngs look then with the care of patients. As for the director of nursing, unless you have held her job and know what she needs to deal with on a daily basis don't even begin to presume to judge her!!! I worked with her for a long time, will stand alongside her and back her always. Ti Hospital has many problems that is for sure let's hope this new CEO can get past the politics and do the hospital and community some good! Good luck and God bless!
Back Again

Fairport, NY

#9 May 29, 2008
Ponderer wrote:
You really need to get rid of the negative and hateful attitude my dear. Negativity supports a whole ration of garbage that I don't believe you'd be capable of dealing with on a regular basis. Your credibility is majorly waning and you desperately need to get a new outlook (your life would be so much more pleasant not to mention easier). I've agreed with much that you've had to say about many topics but, c'mon, enough is enough!
Close it down

Mechanicville, NY

#10 Jun 18, 2008
Unfortunately, at the state that the hospital is already in, it should just give up and close its doors. As far as healthcare, I wouldn't bring my dog there. As far as the Administration, Mr. Haughney seems to have tried his best but the corruption among the others can't seem to be gotten rid of. No decent administrator besides Mr. Haughney has been able to stay because of the others. I wish the new administrator luck, and hope he doesn't get involved in the corruption. As far as the salary goes though, it may be wise to pay all the staff what they deserve instead of ballooning a few individual's salaries.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ticonderoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rapist back in jail 59 min Ratman 7
Drama at Ti hospital with local pill head last ... 9 hr Truth 4
apt buildings across from post office 16 hr Waste 13
resident 17 hr resident 1
To school board Mon Mom 24
car accident Mon Ouch 2
McDonald's in Ticonderoga May 3 Fort Ti Fuzz 10
More from around the web

Ticonderoga People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE